Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Squeaker-Ed
A Lotta Locomotion

Mega Man/Rockman Cosplayers?

Wassup! It's me, Squeaky, back in the forums again!

So, are there any cosplayers out there doing characters from the Mega Man games? It seems as though characters are rarely seen at conventions (with the most recent cosplay probably being by score, Hopie, and LilyLightning XD). Seeing as how I'm going into Mega Man cosplay pretty fast (with Lan, Maylu, Geo, 2 Trons, and Roll cosplays coming up), I just thought that maybe there were more people cosplaying the Blue Bomber and his friends, I guess~!

So, any Mega Man cosplayers out there?

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Well, my friend and I are going as Blues and Rock (classic versions) in 3 weeks. I'm almost done now, only need to finish the belt and the underside of my 'shoes' on Blues and the visor, then I'm done <3

My friend needs here 3D-thingies on the helmet and spray-paint everything, then I'll make the joint between foot and leg and then she's done too <3

Oh, and I did Metalman earlier this year and she did a fanart (Maid) version of Copy X ^^
Unread 08-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Here I am! I am currently working on my Splash Woman cosplay, I just need to borrow my grandma's sewing machine so that I can work on the "fish tail dress" the helmet and trident are done.

I'll be wearing it to Youmacon.

I am contemplating whether to cosplay Jewelman or Starman next. I am confident with making the armor, it's just...

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO MAKE THOSE CHUNKY BOOTS THAT MEGAMAN CHARACTER ARE KNOWN FOR!! GAAAAH!!!!

Then I also want to do Kalinka Cossack sometime, except, well, my sewing machine is broken and I hate constantly borrowing grandma's...

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 08-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

@Tabby Catty: About the shoes/feet. If our cosplay goes well, I can show/describe how we made them. I have yet to see if they'll hold, because I made the "feet" separate from the "legs" so it's flexible and we can walk better.

Sounds like interesting plans (*coughs*STARMAN*coughs*)

We'll be at a german con in... a bit more that two weeks, it's called Connichi. Aside us two more have given a notice that they'll also be there as some guys from Rockman/Megaman, but I have no idea yet what they'll be.
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Squeaker-Ed
A Lotta Locomotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
I am contemplating whether to cosplay Jewelman or Starman next. I am confident with making the armor, it's just...

HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO MAKE THOSE CHUNKY BOOTS THAT MEGAMAN CHARACTER ARE KNOWN FOR!! GAAAAH!!!!
Ah, I have that problem with figuring out how to make Tomahawkman from Battle Network.

How exactly would you go about making the armor for those kinds of characters?

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Well, for Starman I am confident with the helmet and chestplate, but it's just the boots.

The gloves and arm cannon also look a bit difficult, but doable, though I would like some help with them just to give me an idea.

Now, Splash Woman looks amazing. I put up picture of the helmet and trident, I just need to sew the dress which I found the perfect pattern for her.
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

Hehe, finally a Megaman thread that gets some love. I'm currently starting up a matching X and Zero for my friends so they can match my Alia costume. I should really trim down on the number I'm planning; I'll never get them done.

@Tabby Catty- Dragon has a good idea. Separate 'shoes' from the top half of the boots does work. You can then attach regular shoes inside them to keep them centered on your feet. Plus if they're hollow they make great places to hide stuff in. Only problem I had walking around in that set up was the top half had a habit of twisting and I was constantly reaching down and fixing them. You really have to change how you walk! Blinking knobs on the side kept hitting each other. Might be able to put in a pivot to hold them in place but I'm not sure what would work.
Psycho Sukafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
Thekingofspace

@Psycho Sukafu
AGREED! It's nice to get a Mega-thread going!

I'm actually going to Dragon*con this year as Megaman and Sniper Joe (both inspired by The Protomen band) and my girlfriend is cross-playing as Proto. I also just recently got two friends who are doing Light and Wily with us as well.

Also best of luck Tabby Catty
Protoman AWA/DC '10
Thekingofspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Sukafu View Post
@Tabby Catty- Dragon has a good idea. Separate 'shoes' from the top half of the boots does work. You can then attach regular shoes inside them to keep them centered on your feet. Plus if they're hollow they make great places to hide stuff in. Only problem I had walking around in that set up was the top half had a habit of twisting and I was constantly reaching down and fixing them. You really have to change how you walk! Blinking knobs on the side kept hitting each other. Might be able to put in a pivot to hold them in place but I'm not sure what would work.
Separate shoes? Um... what do you mean by that? How would you go about making them? I'm a master at cardboard and paper mache. That is what my Splash Woman helmet is made out of and also the blade to the trident.
Unread 08-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #10
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

Oh sorry I'm being obtuse. The section that looks like the foot should be separate from the upper shin section. Might be easier to explain with the following pics of Alia's boots; together and seperate. White blob is the foot section, burgandy/pink is the shin section.

I will caution using papermache. It does work but it will pinch the back of your legs and breaks easily. But it is cheap and fairly easy to start once one remembers to seal (aka cover in tape) any cardboard you use as a base. It's been a while since I used papermache but I remember the epic fail that was my staff made out of papermache over plain cardboard. It warped really badly. >.<
Unread 08-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Yeah, what I do is put on at least three coats and wet the newspaper in a mixture of water, flour, and craft glue over a cardboard base that I modeled using cardboard and duct tape.

I am satisfied with my helmet and trident.

Okaaaay... so what material do you use?

That is pretty cool how you do that, but I just can't seem to get started when it comes to making it. Then again, I should probably focus on Splash Woman's dress.

Do you like attach them in some sort of way when you are wearing them?

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 08-26-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

I was crazy and used sheets of soft foam, cut into shape and covered in stretch fabric. The shin section just sort of sat on top of the other. Hence the issue of the boots twisting when I walked. There may not be as much of a problem if it is hard armour, ie paper mache but I'm only guessing. I stink at doing paper mache.
Unread 08-27-2010, 03:21 AM   #13
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

My friend is coming over to work on her Rock, and I'm in the process of finishing up blues, but I think I still have some 'making of' pics left.

I'll take more today and then put them up ... I guess latest by Sunday evening, perhaps they'll be of use to you.
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #14
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Sukafu View Post
I was crazy and used sheets of soft foam, cut into shape and covered in stretch fabric. The shin section just sort of sat on top of the other. Hence the issue of the boots twisting when I walked. There may not be as much of a problem if it is hard armour, ie paper mache but I'm only guessing. I stink at doing paper mache.
Ahhhh... I see, well, I am pretty experienced with paper mache and I know exactly the amount of stuff I need to use for the goop.

I was just wondering in case I needed a more sturdier material for boots close to the ground. Then again, I saw people cosplay as giant mechas that had paper mache boots without problems.

I guess what I'm asking for is a boot pattern for those "Megaman character boots" that such characters from Megaman are known for. I will likely do Starmen since Jewelman's requires too much geometry, though it is doable, you just need to be good at nets in order to make his helmet.

I think Jewelman would be fun since I can act like a fruitcake (though then again, I AM a girl)

By the way, how does my Splash Woman helmet look? I should have pictures up on my profile...
Unread 08-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
SDF Jerry P
ASEC Test Subject

I finished putting together Dr. Light last night. Just a couple little finishing touches, and it'll be all ready for Dragon*Con. I still haven't decided what day I'm going to be wearing it, tough.

2012 Cons:
MegaCon
Talon (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Dragon*Con
SDF Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote