Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Arrow Requesting review on [ x ] commissioner...

This is a thread to request reviews. Please keep all requests in this thread, so we can keep this forum focused on content rather than questions. Thank you for understanding.

Before posting your request, check out the consistently updated compilation of commissioner reviews:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758

You can also search this thread for key words (i.e. commissioners) using the "Search This Thread" option at the top right bar.

Last edited by Jia Jem : 09-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
boba

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has purchased a costume from cosplay-fu? Thanks! (:
boba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
.Dian.

Unhappy Has Anyone Else Bought From This Seller?

Heythar. D;

I was wondering if anyone bought from a seller on Etsy called AliksCosplay (sometimes known as AlikNyankoChan). See, here's the deal.

Well.. I'm trying to do as much as I can to make my CatGirl cosplay for Otakon 2010 look the best I possibly can. I ordered a custom-made tail for a good amount of money (at least for a cat tail) on a website called Etsy from this lady (AliksCosplay) since she has 100% positive feedback. Well~.. She said to give her at least a month lead time, which is understandable, being that it's a 50" long stuffed cat tail with a wire inside and belt loops, and she's got other orders to fill. Since Otakon starts early on July 30th, I ordered it on June 4th. Three weeks later, I sent her a message through the website and she took about a week or so to respond, but the reason she gave me for the delay of communication was that she was away at a convention, vending her items-- also understandable. She told me that it would be in the post somewhere between July 1st and July 6th. It was "supposedly" mailed out through USPS (United States Postal Service) as Priority Mail on July 7th-- a day late, and I even got a tracking number for it. I kept checking and checking, but I wasn't getting any updates other than the one from the beginning, which was "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved," which claims, "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 7, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later." Eight days later (July 15th), there were still no tracking updates. I looked at the FAQ for Tracking & Shipping and followed links to the Customer Assistance page, where I found a phone number for further assistance. I called the number, where I spoke to a representative. She told me that they were notified, but nothing had been sent out, which is when I sent another message to AliksCosplay through Etsy on July 14th and asked her if she had actually shipped it or not. The next day, I got a response, where she stated that she was just finishing up on my comission and that it should be mailed out by the end of the day, and if not, that it would be done first thing on Monday. The representative told me that they would be investigating the case and that I should get an e-mail about it within the next two business days. However, I took a look at AliksCosplay's reviews, where I read that someone else was having similar issues-- delays and communication problems, and after some research, I came across Cosplay.com's forums, where another person (an international buyer) claims that she was completely ripped off by her back in 2008. She ordered a costume from her and never recieved it, and when she tried to contact her, she never got any responses, despite being online. Well, what I don't get is how I have a tracking number when she hasn't even finished my comission. Something just doesn't seem right.

So, if anyone can help me out here or give me any additional information, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

Last edited by .Dian. : 07-17-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: I typed something wrong.
.Dian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
alorawillnot

Cosplay Fu?

I am working on my second Cosplay, Chii from Chobits. (Specifically, her blue bakery outfit.) Because I am still new to sewing, I'm not trusting myself to magically whip up the costume by hand. So, to debut the cos at Katsucon 2011, I'm hoping to BUY offline.

The only site with the costume I'm looking for (or at least a decent version of it) is Cosplay u.com! I have done as much research as one can on the site and I've gotten mixed reviews. Not that there ARE many reviews. The pictures on the site seem pretty legitimate and their prices aren't ridiculously low OR high. The site ia upkept and the admin respond to posts pretty timely.

I am really, really hoping to buy from them... but I don't wanna get gyp'd.

Are they any good? Or am I wasting my time?

(Mostly, I'm looking for feedback from veterans. If you HAVEN'T used Cosplay Fu, but you know a better place, though, by all means, help me out, too.)
alorawillnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Tabby-chan
Aka: Natsuno Yuuki

i personally wouldnt order from them.. because their costumes are not really accurate. ive searched for many cosplays and i dont like them -.- so i suggest not buying from them unless u really have to.

i like to order my cosplays from ebay.
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

If you would like to see what people have said about ordering from Cosplay Fu or any other store or commissioner check out the commissioner review thread http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Soku

I got my Syaoran wig from them.

The wig was a bit different from the picture, a shade or so darker. However the quality of the wig is really nice, and I didn't pay shipping, plus the wig came in about three weeks, which is shorter time than my other wigs which I got from ebay.
Miwako Sakurada - Paradise Kiss
Goku - Saiyuki

Convention plans for 2011
Tsukino Con-Attended
Cos&Effect-Will be going
Soku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
cosweetie

skywalker???

Hi! Has anyone ever commissiond Skywalker for props?? He looks like he is new on the marketplace. His pics look fantastic, so I was thinking of asking him for a quote.
thanks!
cosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Does anyone know anything about this commissioner? has anyone had any experience? are they trsut worthy?

:
* ~ Star Candi ~* Costume Commissions of Every Kind ~!/Terumi
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...t/31203/cat/16

please help asap
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Has any one bought wigs from cosplaywigsusa.com? I may buy some wigs from them, but I always like to look up the commissioner/merchant on the threads before I do because most of them tend to have reviews on here. Their wigs seem to be pretty nice and good quality and every thing, but I don't know any one that's purchased any thing from them. Other words I was going to buy a wig from fantasy sheep on ebay because I had some one suggest them to me because they bought the same wig I was looking at and said the wig was great and they got it fast.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Yeah if anyone could tell me about Taobao it would be lovely... I know how to get stuff, but I'm more worried about how long shipping takes usually and such? ^^ Thankies.
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #12
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Has any one commissioned any thing from the user pyopyo87 on cosplay.com or Pyo-Pyo.com? They look like they do good work but I'm usually a bit iffy on having some one do some work that doesn't have any reviews on the commissioner/merchant review board. Just because I want to be sure I won't get ripped off. Since I'm not familiar with this commissioner. Not saying that they suck or would jip people, but I don't know.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
Picore

Is the website "Shadow Dale Creations" for real?

Hello, i rarely ever go on Cosplay.com, so i'm still considered a newbie around here. I wasn't sure which category to start this thread in, so i just chose general cosplay chat, hoping someone may help me. I just recently watched Fullmetal Alchemist, and would like to cosplay as Edward Elric, and planning on making it soon. It's the Alphonse costume i'll be having a problem with. My sister is really excited about being him, and so we decided to just find a costume online. We discovered this website:
http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/animecosplay.htm

It looks really nice, though expensive, but we can handle that. The price isn't what's bothering me, just whole idea of whether it is "legit" or not...
I'm not really sure what places are safe around the "already made costume" type websites, and would really appreciate if someone were to help me with this. Thanks!

Kaoru HitachiinOuran Highschool Host Club
Len Kagamine Vocaloid2
Toon Link/Wind Waker Link The Legend of Zelda

Just for the lulz cosplay
The 'L' shaped Tetris block
Super Mario

Will be attending

Anime North '10
Otakuthon '10

Picore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #14
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Does anyone know anything about the member Aneris on here? I commissioned things from her and she's been on, but avoiding all messages and e-mails. My cosplays were supposed to be shipped today, but nothing still.

Here's her member profile: http://www.cosplay.com/member/22026

Thanks everyone.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Has anyone worked with TeL/Blackmarket?

Site:
http://www.wtf-blackmarket.tk/

Their portfolio is amazing and their business manner in their quote is stellar... but I'd like to see what they have in the way of feedback before committing and can't find anything through this site.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote