Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #31
Goosebot 5000

i also forgot to add that its a great feeling to have sent you two different messages just to your account on THIS board within the past few weeks, and to not only get ignored, but to get ignored while youre posting updates. you realize that your login times and dates AND your uploaded pictures have a time and date stamp on them, right? and here you are still posting updates for whatever other projects you have going on, but not returning any emails or messages that are destroying your image and your business credibility. you are completely aware of everything that is going on on every board concerning your name, but you just keep letting yourself go down in flames. again. it just doesnt make sense.
Goosebot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #32
Mimiru1618

I do have to agree with Goosebot and Cujo. It does seem like it would take quite awhile for one to make armor...it took about a month and a half for my Zack Fair Armor to get here and I was fine because he said he was backed up. I, as a buyer, perfectly understand when I get an email saying the item will be delayed due to the commissioner being backed up or having received last minute rush items. However, saying that, if you get rush after rush, delay after delay, it becomes more and more fishy. If a lot of money is involved, as they say it is, then there's an obligation to either 1.) give them items that are up to par with your photos, descriptions, whatever 2.) Rip them off and suffer when they give you a bad review/warn people about it and want a refund. At that point, you don't really have a right to complain. And if you're working with collab partners, it should still be up to par with what you have posted. That's my belief. I wouldn't blame them if they chose to take legal action. And goosebot is right, the only time tracking doesn't work is when it's in customs. Even USPS sends their tracks through, maybe not all the time, but they do scan them every so often. Even if you just dropped them off at a drop station, they'll get scanned eventually. Even in customs it can be held for UP to 31 days I believe, and that's usually only for things they question thoroughly, so it's rare that would even happen.

I don't buy armor usually, due to the fact I am a college student and don't have an income to get something as hefty as that, but I know that a full set of Spartan armor LOOKS expensive, and I bet it is. Based off that, I assume anything like that is quite a price. Mostly anything in that department is expensive due to time, materials, and effort, lets not mention the possible dangers that could happen depending on the materials they're working with. I was going to make my shoulder pauldrons myself, but I didn't want to hurt myself due to inexperience. I'd kill to be able to buy something like that, but sadly...again my budget's minimal and limited to about 500 bucks a year, usually 300, because I'm a a college student and trying to find a job in a small town in Alabama is slim to none. I work minimum wage, and fitting in hours with school isn't something that's going to happen, so I work within the budget I have. I do, however, know that when someone is looking at your work and decides to commission you, that's what they're expecting. They're expecting what they paid for. You, the commissioner, are expected to give them what they wanted as it was at the time of purchase. Any changes made are not valid towards them, unless you contact them about it and make sure it's fine with them first.

As for the email thing, it did look like they sent you messages on different medias and not replying to them is a red flag. Surely you keep up with boards you commission on? And as a fair warning, if they choose to take legal action, not only would you have to repay them what is lost, if convicted, but you may have to pay a fee for their grievances and lawyer fees, and they are not cheap. So in the end, you're only going to hurt yourself and your business by not doing what is expected of you. Communication is key, and if you fail in that department, you will end up with VERY unsatisfied customers and will face more difficulties with trying to get business.

Your best bet now would only be to refund them and request they send the items back if that's what they want. And yes, I agree that there should be communication publicly here or on the other board so people know what to expect of you, rather than hiding behind a private message. I myself wish to keep up with this~.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't be afraid to ask me~.
Modern Trap Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji

Possible Future Cosplays
Cross Marian - D. Gray Man
Adell - Disgaea 2
Flonne - Disgaea
Cosmos - Dissidia
Yulia - Tales of the Abyss
Lucrecia Crescent - Dirge of Cerberus
Lelouch - Code Geass

Last edited by Mimiru1618 : 08-27-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #33
Goosebot 5000

quick update.

the link provided on the first page that links to cujo's thread on therpf.com has now been merged with my original thread from the same board. so updates will be easier to track and follow. MasterLe has apparently sent the mod mediating my issue a private message saying hes on it, but still has yet to contact me or post on the boards any more. i dont know the time frame on that message, but if its after he replied on here, i know EXACTLY why hes not publicly posting it or trying to contact one of the parties. I cant say for sure that he hasnt tried to contact cujo / darth clayton, but the communication with me still lies just in this thread.

and MasterLe, you need to read thru these posts. REFUND. NO REPLACEMENT HELMET.

thank you.
Unread 08-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #34
cujo

Goosebot, he hasn't contacted me yet either..
cujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #35
Mimiru1618

Got an update from my mother: She said that if you paid with a credit card, even if through paypal, you can file a complaint with them that it was fraudulent and that you didn't get what you paid for, otherwise definitely consult your lawyer about possible methods. She said that it may not be valid since you did send it as a gift per his request...but she's not for sure if, since it was HIS request, if you can still file for lawsuit, but it's definitely a possibility. I see it as worth a shot.

Possible Future Cosplays
Adell - Disgaea 2
Flonne - Disgaea
Cosmos - Dissidia
Lelouch - Code Geass
Unread 08-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #36
Goosebot 5000

that will do some good, mimiru, thank you!

DC, i checked both the inbox and the spam folders of both of my email accounts, the one linked with my paypal and the personal one ive used for communication with him and phantomprophet, and no responses at all. i posted the same reply on therpf.
Unread 08-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #37
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosebot 5000 View Post
snip
This is a helpful entry, more along the lines that the original post should have been like. If you have a specific review with links and explanations, you can post in the review thread that is stickied on this page. Thanks!

edit: Sorry, guys. I was a little distracted when I closed this thread last night and didn't read it thoroughly (or notice there were 3 pages, whoops.) My bad. Reopened.

Please do not make this into a public record of your business transactions, as this goes against our site's privacy rules and terms of use.

Last edited by Jia Jem : 08-29-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #38
cujo

Update.. I was contacted by Le yesterday with a tracking #, and my "NEW" helmet should be delivered on 9/1/10. I will update when helmet is in hand..
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #39
Goosebot 5000

cujo actually received his replacement helmet. funny how that works the week of dragoncon, and all gets handled in a week or so, instead of however many months. i, however, have still received no contact with Le except for his post on this thread.
Unread 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #40
cujo

Update.. Well I received my replacement helmet from Mr Le, and it is not much better and definitely not worth what I paid for it. He said if I had any more issues to contact the guy he works with, so I'll try that. But I too definitely want a REFUND!
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #41
Goosebot 5000

so i just got home from work to find a package on my doorstep. i opened it and found a replacement war machine helmet. i was excited until i pulled it out. this one is even more damaged than the first. forgive all the pictures...

the jaw is literally hanging there. the only thing keeping it from completely falling off is the wire thats running from one side of the jaw to the other on the inside for the battery compartment / switch.

pardon me. but GOOD. LORD. seriously. and i still havent received a message or email from either of them. i didnt see him at the con. big surprise. i only saw one ironman, and it wasnt that great. i heard a mr zendragon was there with some NICE armor, but i never got a chance to bump in to him in person.

Last edited by Goosebot 5000 : 09-08-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #42
Mnemeth17

Wow, the craftsmanship looks awful shoddy. That bottom jaw looks like it's been torn off and then put back in place. I just hope you can wrestle out your refund from him and his partners. I hope you have legal actions in motion already to help encourage him to settle this before it gets even worse.
Mnemeth17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #43
cujo

Just so you know that me and goosebot aren't blowing sunshine up your rear and making stuff up, here is a PM I received on another forum that Le and his associates frequent from his #2 guy.. This is the kind of jerks we are dealing with.. And to top it all off this guy is trying to sell another helmet on the same forum that me and goosebot frequent..

Quote:
Hey i dont appriciate you messing up my post.
i got your email. and i am sorry that you are unsatisfied with the helmet, but I am not the one who sold it to you, so if you decide to pursue legal action be my freakin guest. I did my best to rush out a replacement to both you and goosbot, trying to keep you happy. No where in master le's posting agreement stated about a refund if unsatisfied, nor a broken or damaged helmet policy. sorry you paid and were unhappy, you got a lemon. but was it really? EVeryone else who got a helmet was more than happy. you didnt like it the first time around so we made you another, you're not counting in time and product materials. So say you did somehow got your refund it would be only 70% of what you paid, because i aint giving up my time for free and im sure master Le isn't either. You know we aint a Wal-Mart. cant return it if you dont like it. We communicated with you, and tried to satisfy your demands, but cant refund what is spent. In your case if you dont like the way it was done, sand it down and redo it to what you want
BTW, here are some pics of the 2nd piece of crap they sent me..

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y70...20IM%20Helmet/

Would you pay $375.00 for that?

I have put in a complaint for internet fraud through IC3... (Internet Crime Complaint Center )
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #44
StHoly

sorry to say that doesn't seem like $375 item to me.. D:

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #45
Mimiru1618

Mmm both of those helmets look pretty bad to me.

Also in accordance to the PM Cujo recieved, this is what I have to say: If you don't want to hear complaints and returns of money: POST IT ON YOUR PAGE. It's not that hard to type 'We are not liable to refund you if you are unsatisfied. If there is damage, please private message'.

If there's damage like that, the commissioner should be held responsible for what I consider 'fraud'. And by that I mean, if you post pictures, you're commissioners are expecting THAT. Not some piece of crap work that you threw together in a few days.If you can't do that much, then you need to pay them back what's lost. You're a BUSINESS, you're not 'special'. Unless you STATE OTHERWISE, you're supposed to give a refund. And no if you post it up now it doesn't count towards them, because it wasn't there when they made the purchase. :/

I spend that much on a COSTUME, wig, shoes, outfit, whatever else. If you're asking for that much money, you better pull through. Don't snarl at the OP like a moron when you were the one at fault. Yes, you put your time into it, but you should have done it right the FIRST time to avoid the complaints. Any smart person knows that. Who wants a helmet who's jaw is coming off or looks cheap? No one. Do your job instead of putting half your effort into it, and you'll have zero problems.

I'm sorry that happened to you Cujo and Goosebot. I hope it works out. I would definitely consider a lawyer still and do as Cujo did and contact the IC3.

Possible Future Cosplays
Adell - Disgaea 2
Flonne - Disgaea
Cosmos - Dissidia
Lelouch - Code Geass