Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Kasinator
Not quite human

Exclamation Important! - Read First!

Okay, so we have been getting a lot of new users who either want to get their questions answered, or want to post something that might help other users.

Before you do that, do a few simple things:

Check out our thread directory
- It's crazy but we might already have answered your question before! And the people who are posting something they might think can contribute something helpful, It might contradict what we have said before. It's very important that we give people the RIGHT information not just any information.

Check the threads to see if a similar topic already exists - We get a lot of the same questions every now and then. so you can post your town cents in those threads. We also have a search button so don't be afraid to use it!

If you do not know where to put something, put it in the losing weight and cosplay topic. - Go ahead don't be shy. Its our biggest topic, and we are happy to post progress answer tiny questions, post what we discovered etc.

Well I'm glad you took the time to read this, so happy hunting, and I wish you well on your quest for fitness!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD

Last edited by Kasinator : 09-30-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Kasinator
Not quite human

I will keep bumping this until it is stickied for the time being for the sake of preventing new redundant posts. I also ask dedicated users to do the same if this topic appears on the second page. Once again, All of us here are happy to answer your questions, but do not wish to waste any space by having repeat topics posted. Take the time to look at the thread directory, and if you are unsure about where you should write, the main losing weight and cosplay thread will always work.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

These are very good suggestions, but it is up to each person to search and check out stickies on their own anyway. Hopefully, they will do so, but it is not against the forum "rules" to make your own thread.

Especially since there is a whole sub-forum just for health/fitness now, users are actually not required to submit their personal questions into the mega-threads anymore (as was the case when these topics only existed in the General Cosplay Chat.) If people do, they will probably get more feedback since more users are likely to be subscribed to those kinds of mega-threads - however, it also is less confusing and less likely to be overlooked to make your own. Duplicate bump threads/posts from the same person are not encouraged, however every user is more than welcome to start their own little thread if they so wish, especially since jumping into a huge thread can sometimes feel intimidating.

…For example, in the Cosplay Suggestions forum, users are allowed to continue to use the super huge "Who Do I Look Like? Who Should I Cosplay?" Thread, or they can start their own thread (once) if they feel more comfortable doing that. The Assassin's Creed, Blizzard and Kingdom Hearts sub-forums are also good examples of both kinds of posting - with both big topical stickies + many individual question threads.

The Fitness forum is one of the smallest categories right now, but if things ever get out of hand in the future either Admin or Jia Jem will be able to handle the situation with a sticky addressing the issues as needed.
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
Okay, so we have been getting a lot of new users who either want to get their questions answered, or want to post something that might help other users.

Before you do that...
YEAH, I wish people would use the search function before posting ANYTHING, ANYWHERE. About 90% of all threads throughout this whole site (and any other site) are incredibly redundant, and a simple search reveals that just about every topic imaginable has been covered before. Redundant threads can get frustrating, especially if you're a frequent user and see them all the time. The mods can merge threads when they catch it, but it's mostly just an organic thing and at some point you gotta just step back and let it go. :P

Last edited by Jia Jem : 10-05-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
dreamoflife02
are you lovers desu?

It's honestly a little annoying to be told to look at other threads when I have a question. :/ It's a forum, and people come here to talk, you know? Otherwise everyone would just read lists of workout tips on websites.

Otakon '12
Sheryl Nome | Macross Frontier
Aradia Megido [ fancy god tier ] | Homestuck
dreamoflife02 is offline   Reply With Quote