Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 704 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #1771
kdg

Name of Commissioner: God Save The Queen Fashions

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.gstqfashions.com/ - http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com/
http://www.cosplay.com/member/88641/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kanon from Umineko no Naku Koro ni (anime concept art used as reference)
Costume included:
Hat (fully-lined)
Jacket (fully-lined)
Necktie
Brooch (this piece was completed by Fev Props)
White, sleeveless, oversized collar undershirt with one-winged eagle design on the left side of the collar.
Pants

Also included were socks and a wig which were both already pre-made, I just paid her for them outright.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: These are pictures sent to me after the costume's completion. I have none of my own at the moment because I have a terrible camera that I don't feel would do the work justice, and I was unable to attend the convention it was for, however I will post images of it being worn soon.

Hat + Wig + Brooch + Socks
Jacket + Under Shirt + Necktie + Brooch
Jacket Back
Jacket Cuffs
One-Winged Eagle Collar Design + Brooch
Pants

Timeline: I first contacted her in early January of 2010 to begin the commission process. Since my convention was nine months away, I reserved a spot on her calendar and we agreed to a September construction date. The costume was finished and shipped on September 29th and was in my possession on October 1st. Right on time.

Pros: Everything.

From beginning to end, working with God Save The Queen Fashions was the most enjoyable experience in commissioning I've ever had. It's the first time I've never wanted to tear my hair out by the end. She was always there to answer any nagging questions I may have had, and didn't even flinch when I needed to change up my payment schedule a bit in the middle of everything. Always friendly and definitely made me feel like she both appreciated my business and was enjoying helping me make this project work.

The costume itself is wonderful. Anyone with eyes can tell that just from the pictures. Detail-for-detail, it's spot-on with the artwork I provided her with. She did an amazing job of bringing 2D images into reality, making it look realistic while at the same time maintaining the original charm of the drawings. The fabrics used are top-notch and the craftsmanship on every piece of the costume is flawless.

Most importantly, everything is a nice fit and the outfit is very comfortable to wear and roam around in.

Cons: None whatsoever.

Comments: Working with God Save The Queen Fashions was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. Her skills are flat-out undeniable and her passion for her work shines through. After this experience, I can't see myself going anywhere else for future costuming needs.

Final Grade: A+
kdg is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #1772
Missha
Super Turbo Nerdy.

Name of Commissioner: Dream-Angels

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.dream-angels.net/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: NEVER received.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I paid for it May 13, 2010. It is now October, and I STILL have not received the item.

I never thought I'd be here giving them such a negative after I had commissioned them before for two vests and received them just in time for my conventions.

I'm extremely aggravated with this whole thing. I asked them to make Rinoa's duster for me because of the quality of fabric they use. I saw they had made dozens of others for other people, so why am I the one to be ripped off?

I got an email in June that they got my measurements, and that my outfit would be sent out asap. I was expecting it for Otakon. Never did arrive. I then became more suspicious, never got emails on what was going on. I tried over and over to get ahold of them, and all I would ever get were auto-responses, for over a month or even two, saying they were busy, they'd get back to me soon.

I got more peeved when I saw Rinoa outfits were being sold on Ebay. I had placed my order back in May, and yet they were receiving theirs first?

I just got word Sept. 26th that "another outfit was being sent out to me Monday", with a tracking number.

EDIT: It got here today and everything fits really well thankfully. So I did finally receive the item, so I will bump their grade up to a C.

Final Grade: C

Last edited by Missha : 10-08-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Outfit finally came
Missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #1773
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Name of Commissioner: Angie

Website/C.com gallery: Coscom name is Angie, i think

Character commissioned: Kamina from Gurren Lagann (glasses)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Early August - September 17th

Pros:
*Responds very quickly
*Willing to work under a rush timeline

Cons:
*Way overpriced
*Started project later than she should have
*kept trying to change the order slightly

I know someone who makes Kamina and yoko glasses... I havent seen their work, but you could ask for samples im sure :3
http://www.cosplay.com/member/80640/
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #1774
heycloud
You got red on you.

Name of Commissioner: Ellome
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?a=40411 / http://www.cosplay.com/member/20636

Character commissioned and series/video game: Two Persona 4 school uniforms, jackets, pants and one hat.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Non-existent.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Never finished. This has been going on for six months.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
A friend of mine, Kal, and I both commissioned her back in April of 2010 to have two Persona 4 outfits done by Fanime 2010 (May, the next month) through another friend of mine who recommended her to us. We were assured she was going to be able to do it. All together with my friend and myself, we paid Ellome about $300 USD to have our stuff done.

We initially wanted to have the outfits shipped to us where we both lived, but apparently there was a slow-down in Ellome's work and we resolved to just picking the outfits up at the con since she was going too. Not once did we receive progress photos from her of the outfits (I suppose we should have asked, but apparently I was too trusting since a very good friend of mine recommended her to us).

Fanime came and that same friend of mine had to be the one to tell us that Ellome "forgot" the outfits and was very sorry. She was willing to give us a partial or full refund. Kal and I agreed to a partial refund at the time and told my other friend to tell Ellome we would go with the partial refund and would work things out when the con was over. In June, I did email her about the details but she took weeks to respond.

When she finally did, she claimed to be having troubles with her email and basically didn't offer any solutions. Never did Ellome actually try to contact us about resolving things, we were always the ones chasing after her. By the end of June, my friend and I decided to go with full refunds on the outfits since up to now, there was still no proof of them ever being made and this was just being drawn out way too long as it was already.

We tried to contact her through deviantART, here on Cosplay.com, ACP, Twitter, Livejournal--mostly we were ignored or were offered no clear answers as to when we'd actually be paid back. There were often excuses about how her bank had frozen her funds and she would only be able to send some money back in increments. Kal and I agreed to this but then Ellome just disappeared off the map again, ignoring our notes and comments on dA (recently, I found our comments were actually hidden on her front page) and setting her once public Twitter to private.

July went by with no updates. August went by with no updates. We would tweet her on a daily basis, leave messages on other sites she frequented too.

On September 3rd, 2010, I received a payment of $26 USD and Kal $31 USD. A note in the payment said this:

Quote:
$120 remaining / I get paid every two weeks and though I'm close to half-time now as opposed to earlier I'll at least send something even if it's small - though next should be more!
While I was glad to have finally received some kind of payment back, she was only planning on giving me back $146? I had paid $152 at least. It's not a great loss, but one worth taking note of.

We tell her on Twitter that we received her payments and look forward to receiving the rest. Two weeks go and pass and now we're into October and nothing more has been paid back. We keep tweeting to her and from what I know because of friends that follow her, she has been active there, just not responding to us.

It's been nearly six months since we were both basically scammed out of $300. Needless to say, Kal and I are very frustrated with her and would really like to come to a final solution, but we wouldn't recommend her to anyone planning on doing business with her due to this.

Final Grade: F (or at least until we resolve this situation, as bleak as it looks)
heycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #1775
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
I know someone who makes Kamina and yoko glasses... I havent seen their work, but you could ask for samples im sure :3
http://www.cosplay.com/member/80640/
They actually PM'd me earlier.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #1776
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
They actually PM'd me earlier.
LOL I had to pep talk her into trying to get commissions xD
Unread 10-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #1777
PockySnowshadow

Wig by MrKittyCosplay

Name of Commissioner: MrKittyCosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/mrkittycosplay/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kratos Aurion Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Impossible, for I never received it. It was sent to the wrong person and never replaced/attempted to work out.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About three months to finally conclude the transaction and to get a refund.

Describe your Experience:

Pros: If I had actually received the wig, the pictures he sent me looked like they would have been promising. He got the color and spiking correct.

Cons: Communication was TERRIBLE. I was lucky to receive an email every two weeks. I was constantly left out of the loop, which made me frustrated and nervous. Sucked in by his saying that he "offered professional services", I thought that everything would go smoothly and nicely: this was not the case.

What upsets me the most was that he didn't even notify me that he had sent my wig to the wrong person until I pushed him for info.

Me: "Hey there! I was wondering if you had shipped my Kratos wig yet, as it's been about two weeks and I haven't gotten it yet."
Him: "yeah i shipped it ummm i dont remember when i shipped it but it was awhile ago
wait a few more days"
I waited about a week and a half, trying to be patient. Then I sent him this: "Hey there, I still haven't gotten my wig =/ My con is coming up soon. Do you have any way to tell where it is? Maybe a tracking number? Thanks! "

He replied with this (warning, contains language): "yeah i just got an email from someone saying i had sent them your wig fuck well i will just refund you the money since they aren't going to send me back the wig"

There were no "sorry!"s, and on top of that I think he acted pretty unprofessional. It was disappointing. When I emailed him back, asking if he would be willing to try and work something out, I got NO REPLY. I saw no money on my MAIN PayPal. Two weeks pass. Tonight, I tracked him down on his DeviantArt and sent him a note, which he replied to. I don't know if he just doesn't check his emails or if he finally realized that ignoring me was something that I would not allow. Anyways, he told me that he had sent my money to a PayPal that is not mine, but a family member's. If he had told me that two weeks before, this whole stress could have been avoided. But instead, he didn't answer my emails and allowed me to ponder about whether or not I would get my refund anytime soon.'

I really wanted to like this dude. I did. He seemed really promising, but I guess it wasn't what it looked like. That's why I have concluded on this:
Final Grade: C-
If you are ok with being almost completely left out of the loop, and want the risk of your item being sent to someone who is NOT YOU, then go for it. If not... I would suggest staying away.
PockySnowshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #1778
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Magical Machete: If you're already unsatisfied with their work and wish to look elsewhere, you might want to just call everything off.
If you think they might do a decent or salvageable job, and want to end the transaction on a lighter note, perhaps you are better off waiting to see the final product.
It's a risk either way, really. I hope it turns out for the best!

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #1779
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockySnowshadow View Post

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kratos Aurion Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Impossible, for I never received it. It was sent to the wrong person and never replaced/attempted to work out.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About three months to finally conclude the transaction and to get a refund.

Pros: If I had actually received the wig, the pictures he sent me looked like they would have been promising. He got the color and spiking correct.

Cons: Communication was TERRIBLE. I was lucky to receive an email every two weeks. I was constantly left out of the loop, which made me frustrated and nervous. Sucked in by his saying that he "offered professional services", I thought that everything would go smoothly and nicely: this was not the case.

What upsets me the most was that he didn't even notify me that he had sent my wig to the wrong person until I pushed him for info.

Me: "Hey there! I was wondering if you had shipped my Kratos wig yet, as it's been about two weeks and I haven't gotten it yet."
Him: "yeah i shipped it ummm i dont remember when i shipped it but it was awhile ago
wait a few more days"
I waited about a week and a half, trying to be patient. Then I sent him this: "Hey there, I still haven't gotten my wig =/ My con is coming up soon. Do you have any way to tell where it is? Maybe a tracking number? Thanks! "

He replied with this (warning, contains language): "yeah i just got an email from someone saying i had sent them your wig fuck well i will just refund you the money since they aren't going to send me back the wig"

There were no "sorry!"s, and on top of that I think he acted pretty unprofessional. It was disappointing. When I emailed him back, asking if he would be willing to try and work something out, I got NO REPLY. I saw no money on my MAIN PayPal. Two weeks pass. Tonight, I tracked him down on his DeviantArt and sent him a note, which he replied to. I don't know if he just doesn't check his emails or if he finally realized that ignoring me was something that I would not allow. Anyways, he told me that he had sent my money to a PayPal that is not mine, but a family member's. If he had told me that two weeks before, this whole stress could have been avoided. But instead, he didn't answer my emails and allowed me to ponder about whether or not I would get my refund anytime soon.'

I really wanted to like this dude. I did. He seemed really promising, but I guess it wasn't what it looked like. That's why I have concluded on this:
Final Grade: C-
If you are ok with being almost completely left out of the loop, and want the risk of your item being sent to someone who is NOT YOU, then go for it. If not... I would suggest staying away.
This user got an extra wig shipped to her from Mr. Kitty. I don't know if it's yours though.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=222304

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #1780
TyJILDown
...rawr!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockySnowshadow View Post

"yeah i just got an email from someone saying i had sent them your wig fuck well i will just refund you the money since they aren't going to send me back the wig"
Probably because this commissioner had ignored all my e-mails previously about my wig then despite me OFFERING to mail the wig to the correct person as I felt really bad about it. I quote from my last e-mail to him on 9/27:

Subject:I received someone elses wig...

"I received a package the other day with someone elses wig - reddish/brown short parted wig. Not sure what it's supposed to be but obviously someone is missing a wig for their costume.

I don't know what to do with it and it definitely is not something of mine - I just want the proper owner to get the item they paid for as I feel really bad it's now in my possession.

Figured I would get your attention with the subject considering I did not hear anything back about my Aeon wig which was unusable...

-Christina"

Going to message you now with a picture
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #1781
Yonbi
The Dancing Bear

Thumbs up

There's a lady on cosplay.com with the user name: xhelios.moonx, who commissions wigs and I was wracking my head trying to find someone to make me a Link wig since I haven't seen many of them around and she messaged me; with a reasonable price, and SHIPPING that wasn't crazy. She had plenty of samples of her work, and she kept in touch--two things that I hold in high regards.

Name of Commissioner: xhelios.moonx

Website/C.com gallery: Marketplace (Wigs); Cosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Twilight Princess version of Link

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://images.cosplay.com/data/20/large/SUNP0101.JPG

Timeline: I'm guessing a couple weeks ago, maybe one and a half, I should've kept the first PM but I ended up cleaning up my inbox since it was full. Anyhow, I'll be getting it in November. *happy prance*

Alright, first of all, xhelios.moonx's is a sweetheart, and kept in touch with me and put up with my annoying PM's of just random chatting; which was great! I love when commissioners and cosplayers alike keep in touch with me, touching base is really important. The wig didn't take that long to finish either, and the price of the wig was AFFORDABLE. I'm not rich, and I like deals on well-made costuming stuff. So I was pretty happy when the offer was made and it didn't dent my pocket. This being my first wig that I've commissioned so far (which made me pretty weary at first), I was really pleased with the end result and the fact that she was so quick to respond whenever I PMed her/or emailed her, so the experience was great and I know in the future, I'll definitely commission her again. I was definitely put at ease. She's a gem, RECOMMENDED COMMISSION for all.

Also, I've got to add that I wasn't a very good commissionee. I didn't really specify what color I wanted or what kind of style I wanted either, and she picked the best color for the wig. I was actually really surprised when I saw the picture, since I hadn't been specific. The style was something else that was wicked, I wanted Link's wig to be a little bit spiky instead of completely smooth. Brillaint. I love it!

Final Grade: A-

She deserves it. :3
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #1782
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #1783
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Magical Machete: If you're already unsatisfied with their work and wish to look elsewhere, you might want to just call everything off.
If you think they might do a decent or salvageable job, and want to end the transaction on a lighter note, perhaps you are better off waiting to see the final product.
It's a risk either way, really. I hope it turns out for the best!

Updated!
I called it off cause i asked her to fix it and she said she wasnt sure how... @_@ getting a refund...
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1784
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Magic

Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplaymagic.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Nagisa from Strawberry Panic (Winter Uniform) http://www.cosplaymagic.com/stpanaaoico.html

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i55.tinypic.com/4ggsqs.jpg

Timeline: Ordered on October 3rd, arrived on October 11th

Describe your Experience: I never thought a site like this could do such a good job! And it arrived SO fast!! It came with a UPS tracking number and site (i used Priority Airmail shipping). I ordered it in a size Extra Small... due to the sizing chart. I'm usually a size medium in clothing, so i was afraid it'd be too small XD And its not! Somehow. The bust size is a little small on me, but that may be due to the bra i'm wearing. When i took it out of the bag (it came in a plastic UPS bag), it needs some ironing to get the lines out where it was folded. But thats no big deal.

Now, about the costume itself.

The material itself is a thick broadcloth sort of thing. Not too bad. I was a little irritated... the white parts of the costume are more of an off-white rather than pure white. Bugged me since the pictures on the site were a lot brighter white. But hey, it still looks nice.

The petticoat it came with was WAY too wide. Gave it far more poof than Nagisa's skirt should. Thankfully, i had another petticoat on hand from my lolita dress. So this was avoided entirely.

The tie is a REAL tie. Not a fake one. Not sure if this is good or bad for some... but it was bad for me, since i don't know how to tie a tie XD Google helped me on that though.

My biggest problem with it: Its not one dress. Its two. In order to get the poof effect on the sleeves, you wear an offwhite dress with long black sleeves, then a black dress OVER that with short poofy sleeves. Then you tuck it in and voila. The effect. Well, problem with this: the material is SUPER hot. So this just bakes me.

Otherwise, the crastmanship is amazing. Its a beautiful dress. I love it, regardless of these flaws.

Final Grade: B+

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #1785
KinataRin
Demon Queen of Hell

Name of Commissioner: Phantom Legacy Costumes / celestialshadow
Website/C.com gallery: www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/member.php?uid=17019
Character commissioned & series/video game: Lady Cloche, Ar Tonelico II
Reference picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hau6_1lVCv...h/at2scan1.png
Photos: No photos as of yet
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 7 months

Describe your Experience.

Pros: Very good communication. I got responses on everything pretty quick. The costume is made very well. The fabric and materials used are really good. I got plenty of updates and progress pictures. I love the skirt and the leggings. The wings are a little tight on my arms, but thats an easy adjustment. Very well made costume.

Cons: Some of the stitching was a little loose. The clasp on the skirt came off the first day. The head piece was not glued very well and was completely off the headband by the time it got to me. I wasn't exactly satisfied with how the head piece came out looking. I expected it to look more like the picture. The costume arrived after the con I had scheduled to wear it to, but that was okay seeing as how I didn't have a wig yet anyways. The corset was too big, but that was due to me having lost more weight than I anticipated. I got my mom to take that up so it was fine. The price was a little much, but over all Its a great costume.

Final Grade: A- (Minus due to having personal issues with the head piece)

Cosplay Line-up:

Michael from Let's Play Minecraft
Shizuo from Durarara!!!
Abaddon from Supernatural
Heather from Silent Hill
KinataRin is offline   Reply With Quote