Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #31
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyamanmasenko View Post
Wow! The return of Bolo Yeung.
http://karatetraining.org/gallery/ma...serialNumber=2
jk. seriously, though, awesome job!

I'm with you HEYO. I have nothing to really show, but it exercise/fitness is more of marathon than sprint. And he's right, each person has their own goals and genetics. Improvements will happen, I promise.
Lol, oh lord. Not that guy. I'd personally like to go for more of a look like in this picture below.

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

http://www.stickam.com/fydave
FYDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #32
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

I can't find any pics of a semi-naked me from before I worked out lol. So, no progress pics =(

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
therob127

These aren't the best poses but you can see the progress. These before pics are from January of 2010.

These after pics are from August 2010.

I'm continuing to work on adding more size and defining my abs.

2013 Cosplay
Sinbad - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Sinbad (Djinn Equip) - Magi
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - Bleach
therob127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therob127 View Post
These aren't the best poses but you can see the progress. These before pics are from January of 2010.

These after pics are from August 2010.

I'm continuing to work on adding more size and defining my abs.
Good progress there brotha'.

I'm always happy to give people advice or suggestions on weightlifting, exercise, and diet routines. Don't be afraid to PM me and just say hi either!

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #35
Kasinator
Not quite human

@therob127- Just do some cardio between your sets and you will get on the fast track for your abs!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #36
13Bonez

I used to weigh in around 180 at 5'10 that was about a year ago. i started walking everywhere and lifting weights just about every other day(i'd skip a few days if my muscles hurt or something) but now i'm at about 150 at 5'11...no working out doesn't make you taller i just stopped slouching lol. but i'm pretty proud of myself. if i find any pictures of a before i'll post up the progress
Germany (hetalia)
Future cosplays
Hunter's armor (monster hunter)
13Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #37
SamuriSmurfX
No distractions.

I found working out made me shorter lol

There are things that don't go smoothly but sometimes, you come to see things because they don't go smoothly
--Yukino Miyazawa
SamuriSmurfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #38
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriSmurfX View Post
Isn't that a flexibility/stretching issue? You're too tight so you're a little hunched?? I am probably wrong...

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #39
distantarray

Quote:
working out and lifting weights makes you wider which makes you look shorter in comparison, like skinny guys will look taller than buffer guys the same height if you don't compare them side by side, but maybe your hunching over like already mentioned? I really doubt it'll really make you shrink otherwise I'd be screwed =p

If anything it improved my posture and made me look a inch taller if anything, but balance is the key, like people who do nothing but benchpresses their shoulders will start to lean fowards giving bad posture habits.
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #40
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
To my knowledge, the only scientifically proven way that weightlifting could make you shorter is if you've somehow managed to damage your growth plates if you're still in a stage of growth.

However, it's far more likely that you would damage your growth plates playing a relatively physical sport such as soccer or football rather than weightlifting.

As the people above have already mentioned, I'd think it's more likely that perhaps you have issues with your posture that certain lifting routines might have exacerbated or created in and of themselves or it's quite possibly nothing more than a perception issue where, like the guy directly above me noted, you might just think you're shorter because you've gotten wider but gained no real appreciable height to compensate for the width.

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #41
bkyoung

edit

Last edited by bkyoung : 02-17-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: new image
bkyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #42
bkyoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasinator View Post
What started as a 3 month goal became an obsession to me. This is the result of almost one years worth of training. I now am in the best shape of my life and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

before:

After:

Also how do you guys like my tarzan WIP??? Also If i find this on any webite selling something, I will sue the pants off of the one responsible. I use no supplementation or magic weight loss pills or anything. And If I find my pics anywhere other than photobucket or here, I will seek legal action. >:C I have the full res originals so I can back up my claims.
nice abs brah
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
bkyoung

Quote:
yea i feel the same way but its because were less lanky with muscle.
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #44
FYDave
Project Revelasian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkyoung View Post
ermm.. i dont have too many pics but i used to be severyly obese @ 265 lbs when i was 14 yo and 5"9 now i am 210 lbs 6'1" @ 16 yo bulking for the upcoming wrestling season. ill post some leg pics later along with a chest and what i used to look like. But for now i took this photo maybe 5 min ago after reading this post.

thats what i look like now

thats what my bicep looked like 5 months ago.

thats my stomach 5 months ago.

sorry for the ugly faces i was trying to flex, ya know how it is.

but yarly, like i said ill post some more rescent pics later
I'm glad to see that you've made some impressive progress. Keep us updated on how everything goes for you including the wrestling! I was a wrestler in high school as well along with several martial arts I did on the side.

Unread 10-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #45
bkyoung

thanks, i will. Im trying to get into 189 division but running isnt my favourite thing to do :P , i wish my school offered a martial arts training program because to my knowlege there aren't any academys near where i live that offer it to teenagers. mostly just women and children.