Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 197 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #5026
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Also, sorry for the DD, but I feel like saying that I LOVE this thread/group.
You guys inspire me to keep trying and make me feel better after a crummy day. (Even if I don't post) and it makes me want to get started on my Moon costume NOW... but I can't since I don't have the funds<3

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #5027
SailorYuna

Hi all ^^ I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. I'm pretty new to cosplaying so I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to make the original Sailor Moon
http://gigazine.jp/img/2009/10/29/sa...vol1_inner.png

but the leotard's giving me trouble. Do you know where I could possibly find the right kind of leo that comes up enough in the back but it still low enough in the front?

any other tips as well would greatly appreciated!
Unread 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #5028
Inkreader13

Thanks everyone, for all the help with wigs but I decided to but one on ebay. I can't afford to get a commission right now and I think it's gonna work out. I might order a better one in a few years but I am working on/fixing up about 6 cosplays right now so I can only afford this one.
Sunday - Madoka

Follow me on my Deviantart and Tumblr.
Inkreader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #5029
SailorYuna

Hi guys ^^ I'm pretty new to cosplaying and I need some help. http://gigazine.jp/img/2009/10/29/sa...vol1_inner.png
The thing is, I'm having trouble with the leotard :/ does anyone know where I can find a leo the is high enough in the back and low enough in the front? Or any other configurations that have proved to work?

any other tips would be greatly appreciated
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #5030
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

I finally got my fabric for Sailor Moon! My walmart still has a big fabric department, so I picked some up while I was there today. I don't have the stuff for the hip roll and sleeves, but at least i get get started on most of the costume now.

Crap! I just realized that in the rush to get back to my regular shopping, forgot to pick up a package of snaps
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------

Last edited by Fabulousity : 10-06-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #5031
sakura_petals

I went fabric reseaching/hunting today. I found most of the fabric for Sera Myu! Eternal Moon, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter. The only problem is that most of hte fabric I need is quite expensive...
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #5032
stephaniesays

Alright, question about the glove rolls.... I'm right now, finally, suturing foam tubes for the gloves. My question is, after I cover them with the blue fabric, what's the best way to attach them to the gloves? For the sleeve-ish things, it's not quite an issue, since they're white and won't show (and also hidden by the collar...). But the blue will definitely show through the gloves if I do them the way I'd planned the sleeves. Sooo... any pointers??
stephaniesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #5033
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_petals View Post
I went fabric reseaching/hunting today. I found most of the fabric for Sera Myu! Eternal Moon, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter. The only problem is that most of hte fabric I need is quite expensive...
What kind of fabric are you thinking of using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniesays View Post
Alright, question about the glove rolls.... I'm right now, finally, suturing foam tubes for the gloves. My question is, after I cover them with the blue fabric, what's the best way to attach them to the gloves? For the sleeve-ish things, it's not quite an issue, since they're white and won't show (and also hidden by the collar...). But the blue will definitely show through the gloves if I do them the way I'd planned the sleeves. Sooo... any pointers??
Basically do the same thing your thinking, but when you make the "tube" shape for the blue fabric turn it so the seam allowance is on the inside. And make it one whole piece with no extra hanging out. Then after sewing the ends together, handsew the gloves onto them. It works really well. That way too its easy to replace the gloves if they get dirty. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm gonna confuse you.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge

Last edited by AkaneSaotome : 10-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #5034
stephaniesays

Quote:
Basically do the same thing your thinking, but when you make the "tube" shape for the blue fabric turn it so the seam allowance is on the inside. And make it one whole piece with no extra hanging out. Then after sewing the ends together, handsew the gloves onto them. It works really well. That way too its easy to replace the gloves if they get dirty. Does that make sense? I feel like I'm gonna confuse you.
I think I understand. If not, I'll be back. Thank you for the quick response!
stephaniesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #5035
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniesays View Post
I think I understand. If not, I'll be back. Thank you for the quick response!
When I posted my last post yours just popped up at the same time. XD So I figured I could help. Just yell if you get lost.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #5036
Rayearthblue
Hime-sama

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/o...anta/280-1.jpg

here is like the only good picture of my neo queen serenity cosplay. stupidly, i decided to make it roughly a week and a half before the con i was attending, but despite the lack of wings and tiara, i think it turned out generally well. it was entirely too tight though. neo queen 2.0 is already in progess....

Edit: to clarify, i'm the one with the yellowish blonde wig. it was a loaner from my friend who is the most pwnsome usagi ever.

Yoko RitonaMio AkiyamaMaka AlbarnFate Testarossa
Souji SetaMetisSleeping beautyGiratinaTieria ErdeLacus ClyneAlto Saotome
Xionfemale protangonistAnew ReturnerAigisNeo Sailor Mercury

Last edited by Rayearthblue : 10-07-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Rayearthblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #5037
sakura_petals

Akane - I'll be using cotton drill for the inner senshi skirts and collars, but it's sorcing the shiney material for Moon's skirts that're the problem.. I really only have 3 fabric stores in my city, so not much room competitive pricing. I have yet to find the pink fabric needed for one of the skirts and her sleeves and the holographic material needed for her bows and in her wings... The most expensive fabric I found was a pink sparkly lyrca I needed for her spankies and 1 of the hip rolls. It was US$37.50 (New Zealand $50) per meter!! Why does all the shiney fabric I need have to be the most expensive?
Unread 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #5038
Inkreader13

Does the store that has it have any sales coming up soon? Maybe it will go on sale. Thats what I did when I started to buy my fabric for my Sailor Moon costume. I think I got everything half off.
Sunday - Madoka

Follow me on my Deviantart and Tumblr.
Inkreader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 12:41 AM   #5039
sakura_petals

Inkreader - unfortunatley I've never known that store to have a sale on fabric, only on patterns. Never mind I'll ask some friends around the country to see if any of their fabric stores have something similar. But on the happier side I found almost the right fabric for my sera myu! eternal moon skirts which is great!!
Unread 10-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #5040
RoseHanabira

Inkreader, I see you're a Canadian too! Fabricland actually has bi-annual stock clearance sales for fabric, I managed to get the fabric for my Sailor Saturn leotard at 50% off. That was back in July, so I'd guess there would be another sale in Dec/Jan. Plus if you sign up for their membership (I can't remember how much it is, or if you're still able to sign up, it's a very time-sensitive annual thing), you actually get your own Members Only sales where things are around 30-40% off.

But in any case, if you can hold out 'till the holiday season, it might be worth a trip to your nearest Fabricland. They have a pretty wide selection of fabrics, maybe they'll have the same thing (or something similar)?
RoseHanabira is offline   Reply With Quote