Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Germany

Unread 09-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
miamiasma

Info on Cosplay/Conventions

Hello,

I'm moving to Germany in a week or so with my family, and I wanted to know about the conventions and how cosplay is accepted there. I'd really like to go to cons and cosplay, but I don't speak or read German (though I'm trying to learn >.< and it's hard to find sites with accurate information after Google is done translating. (What a wonderful service!) So if anyone English speaking would like to pass me some information, I would be extremely grateful!

Questions I have: What are the larger conventions, and when are they? Is there a site I can go to?
Is cosplay accepted in public places? When I cosplay to a convention, would it be okay for me to leave/arrive at the convention area in cosplay?
Any other pertinent information?

Again, thank you very much for any replies! : )
miamiasma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
RoFu
Killing in the Name

Hello miamiasama, i try do answer your Questions about Germany Cosplay and German Conventions

www.animexx.de is the Site where the most people from the German Cosplayszene are registered.

- Is cosplay accepted in public places?
No so easy to answer this, because there are some places in Germany where Cosplay is not a good idea.

- When I cosplay to a convention, would it be okay for me to leave/arrive at the convention area in cosplay?
Why not? many other Cosplayer do that too. some habitants are know about the Conventions in theirs city

- Any other pertinent information?
Many Cosplayer are outsite of the Locations, for example at the Connichi in Kassel there are many People in the Garden Area backside of the Ramada Hotel.
RoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
miamiasma

Thank you very much RoFu!

Oh, I didn't know if it would be okay to walk around in costumes, but if everyone else does it during the convention, then I should be okay.

The conventions that I've gone to have all been mostly indoors, so hanging out in a garden should be really cool. You guys must get great pictures too.

Again, thank you very much RoFu! I hope to see you at some cons!
Unread 10-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
zeina_naruto

ask

Can anyone tell me popular cosplay places in germany and dates of this year anime conventions in germany???
zeina_naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
miamiasma

Hey Zeina,

You can go to http://animecons.com/events/ to see the different conventions all around the world, get a link to their sites, and see when they are.

From what I've already looked up:

Wie.MAI.KAI - October 23rd - At Burgerhaus Kastel

AniMaCo - October 29th - 31st - At Fontane Haus in the Mark Brandenburg district
Wilhelmsruher Damm 142c, Wilhelmsruher Damm 142c,
13439 Berlin (Reinickendorf) 13439 Berlin (Reinickendorf)

J-Con - November 27th - 28th - At Stadthalle Merzig, Merzig, Germany

Those are just the closest ones. Peruse the site for yourself, I'm sure you'll come up with some cons you can go to.

If you do not understand German, like myself, you can use Google Translate for a passable translation of the text. It looks like it's written by a five year old when you do, but at least you can get the basic information. ^^

Good luck, Zeina!