Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 232 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #5056
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I laughed too, after I threatened to kill him. He's been helping me so much with my cosplay this week- I left my black dress/ jumper thing on my table next to the sewing machine, and ran to the bathroom. Came back, orange cat on black dress. My black cat (named Luna) slept on my white skirt. I lost do much time just because I had to wash projects in the middle of construction!
When I get my princess serenity fabric I plan on locking them upstairs when I'm working on it. Or I'll end up killing them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #5057
han-pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
A lighter would be too hard to control. Plus those edges will be blackened, hopefully they won't end up showing. I used a soldering iron to cut/melt the visible edges on my Neptune skirt, but I would only recommend the hot pen method if you have a steady hand, lots of patience, and only for dark synthetic fabric.

I've read that pinking shears work well to stop fraying (cuts zigzag snips along the edges) though I haven't tried that method yet myself.

Before you start sewing all your pieces together you can run a zigzag stitch (or zigzag cross stitch with a straight line on one or both sides) along the edge of your fabric. If you look at finished clothing all the seams are finished like that as well.
I used pinking shears on my Moon skirt and it was perfect. They can be a bit of a cost, so I dont usually suggest them for people.

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #5058
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

thanks guys. I will probably do the nail polish.
Should I pleat my dress-skirt?? (the under layer) to give it some volume and better flow? (Light pleats.)

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #5059
han-pan

Can you give us a reference pic of which one you're doing? ^^

Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

Unread 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #5060
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I laughed too, after I threatened to kill him. He's been helping me so much with my cosplay this week- I left my black dress/ jumper thing on my table next to the sewing machine, and ran to the bathroom. Came back, orange cat on black dress. My black cat (named Luna) slept on my white skirt. I lost do much time just because I had to wash projects in the middle of construction!
When I get my princess serenity fabric I plan on locking them upstairs when I'm working on it. Or I'll end up killing them.
They'll just sneak in when you lapse concentration and forget for just one minute. Then they will give you those innocent "What..?" expressions when you find them all cuddled up on your costumes again. :P
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #5061
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I think they get jealous of my sewing machine.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #5062
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Can you give us a reference pic of which one you're doing? ^^
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...tt1/mat-72.jpg
The Pink one

I'll edit this post later with some images of my dress that I'm adding onto/altering.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #5063
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

*mumble* bleeping extensions. I got them untangled but the bottom 4 inches were a total lost (remember your old barbies? Especially the long haired one? And how after awhile the bottom of the hair looked ick? That's what they looked at the bottom. So I cut it off. I only paid like $10/each for them so I'm not upset that they're ruined, just mildly annoyed that they don't look 100% for this weekend. They're ok, but I doubt they'll be usable after this weekend. I'm going to need to get new ones when I do princess serenity
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:17 AM   #5064
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

) (I needed to close the parentheses and it won't let me edit, sorry for the double post)
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #5065
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

So I really wanted to do a Sailor Mars costume, because I already had a wig and shoes, but my friend about a couple days ago drops the bomb on me that she wants to do a Sailor Mars cosplay. :/ In my head I was like "Noooo!" but its always been her favorite character apparently, so I just didn't even tell er I wanted to do it. And the reason why I can't is we cosplay together all the time now, and it'd be weird with 2 of them. And she wanted to do it for Katsucon or Anime Boston. So I guess I have to figure out what other one to be. My dad (of all people) thinks I'd make a good Mercury, or rather I'm more like her. I know for a fact I'm not jupiter material. xD

Granted I did do Sailor V but I don't think I would make a good venus (if that makes sense xD)

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #5066
han-pan

What about one of the outer senshi Akane? Do you think you'd be a good Uranus? I mention her because Mars had a thing for Uranus, so just the two together would work :3

Last edited by han-pan : 10-14-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Unread 10-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #5067
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Why don't you do sailor pluto? She's awesome!!
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #5068
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

So anyone that talks to me on Facebook or MSN would know that I am currently putting the finishing touches on my Classic R Brooch and a possible photoshoot this weekend. I'm still a few days away before Sunday so I won't procrastinate too much! I decided to buy a white dress and modify it for a Neo Queen Serenity cosplay but it's proven to be difficult(It's something I'll debut likely for next year!) and I know I have also seen some wedding dresses at the Sears Outlet store I might consider as well.

I will be posting pictures of everything as I find many of you anxiously wanting to check out my school uniform. I bought a second Luna off of Craigslist, my other one that I bought at a con in August is just too massive, but I may have to use her because our mail seems to get here more slowly). I love reading this thread every day because I find it fascinating when Moonies update this thread. My biggest problem is trying to come up with an update to tell everyone. Either way, I'll still e-mail those who are interested to talk to me and I do respond back quite quickly most times.

A few of you are going to be at Sakura Con and I have been trying to figure out if I can get another fellow Moonie to go down to Seattle with. I want to either go by Greyhound or Amtrack to Seattle. I'm not 100% sure of coming but I will work hard. I'm looking forward to returning back to Sakura Con and I've got some other pretty crazy fun things up my sleeve for the con if I'm able to do so. I'm missing Sakura Con so much already. I wanted to go back in 2009 and 2010.

Seeing all the awesome Sailor Moon cosplayers that I would have liked to had met and take picture. Then seeing what Sailor Moon merchandise or Artist Alley makes me want to go there even more next year. XD Also, as many of you may or may have noticed, I put up my Plus Size Eternal Sailor Moon Costume and Wig. I have decided to sell it. So both items are on the Marketplace.

That's about it, I guess :3
I'll update once I am not heavily distracted.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #5069
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
What about one of the outer senshi Akane? Do you think you'd be a good Uranus? I mention her because Mars had a thing for Uranus, so just the two together would work :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
Why don't you do sailor pluto? She's awesome!!
Actually I thought about both of those. x3 Also Neptune because I love her hair, but I think i'd want to do them as a couple. Pluto though I wanted to do for a really long time. I just didn't wanna have to make the staff for travel reasons, and I'm not that great at making them. xD

Maybe I should finally suck it up and do moon? But there's always so many! no offense to you guys.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #5070
Amidoji
Desert Chikin

Chiloves, I'm not Canadian, but if you can get over the border, I can give you a ride. I'm in Bellingham. I'll be bringing Human Luna and hopefully Super Sailor Mercury to Sakura and my roommate will be Princess Serenity. If not, I'd love to see you at Sakura con.
Amidoji is offline   Reply With Quote