Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 206 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #1786
KinataRin
Kinata Rin

Name of Commissioner: Uniquecreator
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/182032
Character commissioned and series/video game: Infel from Ar Tonelico II
Reference pictures: http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...t2vol30058.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...6a4c2e6fa4.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...andNenesha.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: full length: http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...x_kira/024.jpg
Timeline: About 3 months

Describe your Experience.

Pros: Good communication. Very nice and pleasant person to deal with. She worked with me on what exact color I wanted to use and the style. I asked for it to be the color from the second reference picture and the color turned out perfect. The sizing was good, not too small. Quality is great.

Cons: The head piece was too big and heavy. I had to use a wig for this so it ended up pulling the wig down a lot. It took about a half hour just to get it to stay on straight. Then it was too tall so it looked a little awkward. A major issue I had was that this was suppose to be a two piece thing like in the third picture. The second picture just was suppose to be used as a reference to the color and the flow style. I thought I had made it clear that it was the dress and the skirt underneath where the dress split. Though I may have not.

Over all it was a very pretty dress, though due to the problems I had above I have to give the grade I gave. I love it, I just was a little disappointed that it was not more accurate for the price I paid. ;~; Also at the con I got ink on it... WAAAH, but thats no ones fault but the person who left a broken pen near my costume XD

Final Grade: B+

Cosplay Line-up:

Shion from No. 6
Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist
Italy from Hetalia
Rin from Vocaloid (Unhappy Refrain ver.)
KinataRin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #1787
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

Name of Merchant: Cosplay.com Shopping

Item purchased: http://shop.cosplay.com/ccl21-autumn...-wavy-wig.html

Links to picture(s): picture1 picture2

Timeline: Pre-ordered on Oct. 4, Shipped on Oct. 8, Arrived on Oct. 12. They said it'd ship on Oct. 11, but it got sent out earlier C:

Pros: The wig is for a Lirin(Saiyuki) cosplay. The curls are very soft and beautiful and the wig fits perfectly!

Cons: It's an EpicCosplay wig and I'm sad that they don't have free shipping anymore >:C. I think that's about it...

Comments: I know it's not an EpicCosplay review, but I ordered from them last time and the wig was great! Until I murdered the wig and had to but a new one.... Next time have ref. pictures near by. Anyway, I'd totally order from them again C:

Final Grade: A
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #1788
Ekku Zakku

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: www.hellocosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kaito, Vocaloids. Full costume.

Item Purchased: www.hellocosplay.com/vocaloid-2-kaito-cosplay-costume-p-1014.html

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: www.cosplay.com/photo/2738678/
(Shoes were not included)

Timeline: 2 weeks and 1 day, including shipping time. I placed the order on Sep. 28, they shipped the costume on Oct. 12 at ~2:30 a.m. Central time, and I got it Oct. 13 at 1:00 p.m. Central time. Very fast considering it is costume season with Halloween coming up and all that.

Cost: $88 for the costume without the pants + $20 shipping = $108 total

Describe your Experience: I started out by sending them a message asking if I could get the costume without the pants to save a bit of money (since I already had pants that would work perfectly for the costume), and they said how I could place an order for that item and pay the price without the pants, which was fairly simple and easy to do. That's a big plus for customer support.

I bought the costume soon after I got that e-mail. I put my sizes in and stuff, really easy to do. After I bought the costume I got a confirmation and waited. Two weeks later I got an update saying that the costume has been shipped, and the next day the costume arrived at my doorstep!

When I opened the package, I was surprised to see that they had included the pants, even though I didn't ask or pay for them! That was a big but very welcome surprise.

As for the costume itself, to me it is perfect, I couldn't have asked for more.It is only the first time I've bought a costume, so I'm not sure how the quality compares to other costumes, but it seems like it is really great quality to me. I did find two pieces of thread that were sticking out, one on the scarf, the other on the coat, but they are definitely not serious, and imo is normal to come by.

I recommend this site to everybody!

Pros:
Well made costume
Customer Support was good
Shipping was very fast and well worth the price
Pants were included even though I didn't pay for them
Fits nicely
Price was great for the quality
Costume was made and shipped very quickly

Cons:
Two little threads that were showing, but I took care of those and it's no big deal

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Ekku Zakku : 10-13-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added link to the item purchased
Ekku Zakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #1789
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #1790
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Name of Commissioner
CosplayHouse (I know, I know, but hang in there)

Website/C.com gallery:http://www.cosplayhouse.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Miku Hatsune Wig
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Vocaloid...splay-Wig.html

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned itemhttp://tinypic.com/m/dlnhux/4
That's the base and the nice clip...

Timeline (how long your order took to process) 2 DAYS WHAT IS THIS???
Ordered the 12th of October arrived the 14th in the morning O_O

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
PROS!
Well everyone knows there are 3 times of the year that are awful to commission around: Chinese New Year, Con Season and Halloween. I don't know how but I got this wig 2 DAYS after ordering... not even, it was more like a day and a half. O_O
The twin tails are really really long. I'm 5'8" and they stop at my knees. It's so sofffftttttt X3

CONS (it's CosplayHouse what were you expecting lol) It was obviously not what was pictured (which was a nice wig from korea, but I can't read Korean so i couldn't order it) It's a bit more blue than that...like a mint blue. The base wig is shorter. (not really cons I'm sorry)
I'm an idiot! Miku wigs are notorious for one thing: tangles. the first twin tail came out perfect. Sprayed it with some Motions, lovely. The second...Came out tangled in itself.. no biggie right? i just spent 2 hours trying to untangle it... still there. >_> THEY SHOULD COME WITH WARNINGS OR INSTRUCTIONS for newbs like me ;A;
The price was INSANE. about $75 all together. I usually don't pay more than $30 for my wigs ;n; But I guess considering how fast it got here...

COMMENTS Dear CosplayHouse, please use your own or consumer pictures. This is actually a really awesome wig. Just saying.

Final Grade:
A-
And that's cause it tangled on me ;n; And they didn't use their own pics though they should have.
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)

Last edited by AirVee : 10-14-2010 at 10:17 AM.
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #1791
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Name of merchant: TheWigs.com

Item purchased (please include quantity): one "Color Showgirl" wig (Sepia brand) in hot pink (intended for my own take on "Meltdown" Luka from "Vocaloid")

Timeline (how long your order took to process): ordered October 5, received today (October 14)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Due to Cosworx ceasing to offer Sepia's regular line of wigs (and of course the eventual the demise of Cosworx itself) and the recent horror stories I'd been hearing about Amphigory, I sought another source for the wig I needed. My usual go-to alternative wig shop, Wildcat Wigs, did not have that wig or a suitable alternative, so going off a previous (and quite recent) review in this very thread, I went to TheWigs. Overall, not really much to say that the previous review didn't already (though I will warn again that your order may show on the site as "processing" for longer than it should). Except that since- as she said- there aren't many pictures of the wigs, it's a good thing I already had a very specific one in mind and mine really did take nine days to ship with the "cheap" option (not that I needed sooner or anything, just pointing that out). Also, I wouldn't just say it's a good source of natural color wigs, it's also a good source for Sepia wigs and New Look wigs that Cosplay.com no longer offers- in any color those wigs come in.

Final Grade: A.

Thank you, TR Rose, for reviewing this site- I might have otherwise never discovered it myself otherwise.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #1792
KerochanNoMiko

Name of Merchant CosplaySupplies.com

Website http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/

Item purchased 7 packets of white duck feathers

Links to picture(s) of your received item

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Ordered September 24, told September 28 that it would arrive "next week," received ship notification/tracking number October 1, package actually shipped for real October 5, received package October 11.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I absolutely had to have the feathers by October 7 at the latest and thought ordering them almost three weeks early would be good enough. Apparently not. What really annoyed me was the fact that I was told I should get the items on time and even got a ship notification email... only to have them ship out four days later and then arrive after the con I needed them for. I ended up having to clean out every Joann's in the area, but I guess that was all right because the feathers I found there were much nicer-looking than the ones that finally showed up. Now I just have to figure out what to do with these....

Final Grade: C.
Will never shop from again, and have spread the word to my friends to avoid the site.
KerochanNoMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #1793
D-holla-J
Melodious Nocturne

Name of Commissioner: lunaladyoflight

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.lunaladyoflight.net/shop.html

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): A Draenei mage wig from World of Warcraft. This is the reference picture I sent: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sweetcivic.jpg
The changes I requested were that the wig itself be white, the horns black, and the tentacles blue. (Though she claims I said white, I still have every email ever sent between us- including the ones in which I said blue.)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7164597262.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7164723293.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7164660918.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I contacted her on May 26th of this year. She accepted the commission on the same day, and we set a due date of early October. There were no progress pictures sent, and no communication until I emailed her in mid August asking about progress. She replied quite rudely that she had other projects due much sooner than mine, and mine was still in progress. Still no pictures. I checked in again in September, it was still being worked on, no progress pictures sent.

On September 30th, she sent a message saying that my wig was being finished that day and asking how I would like it shipped. Communication once again went dead until I emailed her this past Monday, concerned because nothing had been shipped- she hadn't even told me the shipping price. I had to email her each day- turns out my wig was NOT done, and she worked on it up until Thursday, when she finally overnighted it to me, courtesy of my Fed-ex account. Obviously my shipping costs were more than they should have been, considering it had to be overnighted to make it in time- I HAD to have it before Monday.

Pros: There...really aren't any pros.

Cons: Communication was abysmal, and in all but one case was initiated by me. The wig itself is a mess.

It was shipped in a plastic bag in a small box. When asked why she didn't ship it on a wig head in a proper container, she replied that that's how she ships because "most of her customers are cheap on shipping". Obviously, I would have paid more so it didn't arrive in a tangled mess.

The horns are entirely the wrong shape, and they're lumpy and uneven. The velcro they're attached to is glued to the HAIR. The wig hair. Not the base. I don't know where in the world that kind of application is acceptable, but certainly not with me. The horns, since they were attached to the wig hair and not the base, are unsteady and move with the wig. They do not look like they're growing out of the skull- they, obviously, look like they're stuck on the hair. Because they are. The horns have no texture to them besides the uneven bumps and lumps that resulted from poor execution.

The tentacles attached to the wig are white, when in my instructions is clearly said they were supposed to be blue.

The bangs of the wig are much too long, and come all the way down to my nose, and are in no way thick enough compared to the reference.

She says that she does not do refunds, but that in no way excuses her for giving me a shoddy, obviously rushed, half-hearted wig when I paid over $200 for a quality product. Her other work looks great, and her other reviews are why I picked her over other commissioners; I'm not sure why she felt the need to send out this substandard, last minute rushed job.

No pictures were sent until the day she shipped the wig, yesterday. Since I have no time, I'm going to be spending the weekend trying to repair this mess and make all new horns myself for it- and buying a back-up wig in case what she's sent me is unsalvageable.

Final Grade: F

In Progress:
Draenei Mage - World of Warcraft - 95% Completed
Fai D. Flowrite - Tsubasa - 70% Completed

D-holla-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #1794
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #1795
Myuutsuufan
Myuutsufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryl1106 View Post
Name of Commissioner: Gneila

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.beyondthereflection.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Full Costume+Wig Luc (Suikoden 3)-- Full Costume+Wig - Commoner Euphemia (Code Geass) Full Costume+Wig Sasarai (Suikoden 3)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received

Timeline (how long your order took to process) Ordered over a year ago... No costumes

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - She seemed like a nice lady but after waiting over a year for costumes - I'm sick and tired of her. All she does is make excuses as to why things aren't done... work , family , etc... We are now filing a lawsuit against her on the matter. Looking at other reviews on this commissioner, she's just had a different excuse for everybody "I had a heart attack" "My father passed away" "I was in a car accident" "My son had an emergency" BUYER BEWARE DO NOT APPROACH THIS COMMISSIONER REFUSE ALL REQUESTS FROM THIS COMMISSIONER.

How's the lawsuit going? Did you win? I'd have loved to file one against her, since she NEVER sent me the coat I commissioned her to make or the refund. I'm not holding my breath for either.

Forgive your enemies, but don't forget their names.
Myuutsuufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #1796
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

Name of Merchant: EpicCosplay

Item purchased: http://www.epiccosplay.com/20-natura...splay-wig.html

Links to picture of your received item: Got excited and started styling wig. Will update soon.

Timeline: Ordered Oct. 10, got it Oct. 14, so it took 4 days.

Pros: Very soft and long! Fast shipping, and I'm able to straighten the wig C:

Cons: No more free shipping >:C What happened to that?
And I never got a tracking number for some reason, so I was a bit paranoid whether I was going to receive my wig on time or not.

Final Grade: A
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #1797
FuzzyBunneh
Sherlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myuutsuufan View Post
How's the lawsuit going? Did you win? I'd have loved to file one against her, since she NEVER sent me the coat I commissioned her to make or the refund. I'm not holding my breath for either.
I want to know the same thing. I'm considering legal action myself. And by considering, I mean 75% sure I'll be doing something.
FuzzyBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #1798
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner: HelloCosplay

Website/C.com gallery: hellocosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon); ordered a large coat

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, currently

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month and a half

In October of last year, I ordered a costume from HelloCosplay.com. It was made and shipped exactly within the time frame that was stated in the policy. The costume was very well made, and besides a few measurement issues that needed to be fixed, it was very nice and comfortable.
Last month, I ordered yet another costume from HelloCosplay.com, and have had what is literally the worst waste of my money in my life. I ordered the costume on August 20th, knowing from the policy that it would be here safely in time for my convention on the 24th of September. This was not necessarily the case.

After one whole month, they still hadn't finished my costume (the time frame stated in the policy was two weeks to make the costume, and one week for it to arrive at my house). After two weeks had passed and I had no e-mail that the costume had been finished or shipped, I emailed them, asking as politely as I could when the costume would be finished. I told them that I needed it by the 23rd of September, and they said it would be on time; that it would be shipped in a couple of days. After a couple of days had passed, I e-mailed them yet again. They said, essentially, the same thing.

At this point, I was very worried that my costume would not arrive in time. I e-mailed them once again, asking them to please check on my order. They e-mailed me back a day later, saying that they would check on the order soon. That was a major problem with me. I did not have time to be playing e-mail tag. Would it not have been better to simply email me when you HAD checked on my order?

I was at a loss. Thinking I was being too polite, I asked my mother, who had purchased the costume with her credit card, to email them on my behalf. She threatened to cancel the order all together, and, predictably, they emailed her back within hours, rather than the usual 1 - 2 days.
They said they had been having trouble finding the exact plaid fabric that was in the picture of the costume for the cuffs and hood of the costume. They then asked if it would be fine to use a different but similar fabric, and that if I agreed, they could have it at my house in time for the convention. Once again, I was not pleased. In the several emails I had sent them before inquiring about my costume, could they have not simply asked me then, rather than dampening my opinion of them and causing such trouble?

Simply wanting to get my costume in time, I said yes, to use the other fabric. I honestly didn't care if the fabric was exactly what it was in the picture. They said they would have it made in a couple of days, and have it shipped express (I only paid for standard) so that it would be here in time. Just happy that they were finally doing something about it, I let it go.

They shipped it in time for it to get here before my convention, but it only arrived two days before. It was an extremely nerve-wracking process that I simply did not pay $105.00 for.

As a side note, I noticed that something was odd. The website very clearly says "Deutschland Cosplay," but the package arrived from China.

I do not recommend ordering from this site. You may get your costume, but it's likely there will be complications and you will have wasted your money. Try to find another site.

Final Grade: D
Possible 2015 conventions: Sakura-con, A-Kon
https://www.facebook.com/riceballcosplay
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #1799
Chibi_Kimu<3

Name: Ykta

Items ordered: Maka Albarn's Boots-Soul Eater
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...er/item184570/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I needed the boots by October 28th. I placed the ad in the Marketplace on October 1st as a rush job.

Pros: When I placed the ad in the Cosplay.com Marketplace ad, she responded right away. She said she could do the boots for $65. I sent her the money and that was it. Everything went smoothly.

Cons: She has not yet responded to my emails. I have tried to get in touch with her numerous times and she has yet to reply. It got to the point where I had to buy the materials myself. I am currently going on pay pal right now to see if I can get my money back. The con is next week and I have yet to hear from her about the status of my boots. I think I may have been scammed.

Update: Instead of Paypal I went directly to my bank to get my money back. It will take 10 days to get my money back. I hate being scammed

Last edited by Chibi_Kimu<3 : 10-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Chibi_Kimu<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #1800
kiratsukai
culture shocked

CosplayMandy is now operating in the marketplace as Chokichi.

It might be a good idea to connect the old reviews to this new name/account as well.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote