Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 186 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #811
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak
 
desertsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 212
I'm in England, we don't have sharpies readily avaliable here. I've tried. :\ And I don't think I can get FW ink here either. I shall just have to use the orange wig. I've actually seen plenty of orange wig cosplay I've liked, it's just the NEON-ness of my wig that's bugging me.
__________________
Upcoming cosplays: Sansa Stark, Cinderella[/font]
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #812
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
I'm in England, we don't have sharpies readily avaliable here. I've tried. :\ And I don't think I can get FW ink here either. I shall just have to use the orange wig. I've actually seen plenty of orange wig cosplay I've liked, it's just the NEON-ness of my wig that's bugging me.
I'm pretty sure I've heard of people using things other than FW ink and Sharpies....I think I heard about actual acrylic ink? If you look it up and find something, you might be able to dye it after all, though.

Edit: Also, isn't Tutu's hair orange? I think it's kind of pretty with pink, but then you sacrifice your accuracy. I think (I've never actually seen it before) that if you have the RIGHT color orange, it'd be okay, but you're right, neon orange would be really...bad.
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 10-24-2010 at 08:43 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #813
DarkChaos
SCAD Sequential Student
 
DarkChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 174
I'm glad I'm not nuts. It's been a while since I saw Princess Tutu, but I thought her hair was orange. ^_^; I guess its a pinkish-orange?
__________________
Cosplays in Progress:

Ohnah the Shadow (original character) (60% complete) (Progress currently on hold)

Up-Coming Con(s):

AWA: Might be attending.
DarkChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #814
LordMoufMouf
From another era....
 
LordMoufMouf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 295
Ahiru has a very unique shade of coral hair that can be very difficult to nail. I have seen people do light pink (which I chose), or even a very dark orange that almost looks auburn, which can look very nice as well.
I was speaking of the neon orange wigs - they never look good, in my opinion. :|
__________________

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #815
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak
 
desertsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 212
BOOYAA!!
I have found that pink highlighters work rather well! It's darkening my wig by several shades. Now I actually need to finish the outfit XD
__________________
Upcoming cosplays: Sansa Stark, Cinderella[/font]
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #816
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
BOOYAA!!
I have found that pink highlighters work rather well! It's darkening my wig by several shades. Now I actually need to finish the outfit XD
That is AWESOME. Good luck! (I wanna see pictures.)

On an otherwise unrelated note, yet somewhat related, I'm kind of sad because the pair of pointe shoes that I was gonna use for my Tutu cosplay (whenever that is) are really really dirty now. :/ Does anyone know if it's possible to like...get pointe shoes cleaned? XD (Kind of doubt it...but it's worth asking!)
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #817
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak
 
desertsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 212
Nope, that plan failed. The ink stuck the fibers together, so it looked awful. I'd rather have a neon orange wig that looks like hair, than an almost-neon wig that looks GODAWFUL.

Sakura, I'd try with a soft cloth and a TINY amount of lukewarm water. Soap or cleaning solution could discolour the satin, or even take it right off!
__________________
Upcoming cosplays: Sansa Stark, Cinderella[/font]

Last edited by desertsphinx : 10-25-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Typo of DOOM
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #818
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
Nope, that plan failed. The ink stuck the fibers together, so it looked awful. I'd rather have a neon orange wig that looks like hair, than an almost-neon wig that looks GODAWFUL.

Sakura, I'd try with a soft cloth and a TINY amount of lukewarm water. Soap or cleaning solution could discolour the satin, or even take it right off!
...Wahhh, I'm scared! These pointe shoes are still in use xD
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #819
LordMoufMouf
From another era....
 
LordMoufMouf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 295
Can you try to buy a cheap pair of Sanshas? It might be worth it to have a pair that you just pose and go to conventions in. The Sansha "Recital" goes for $35 in some places, as well as online. If you can find a store that carries them, you can try them on in the store and then order online. Not the nicest thing, I know, but if you are in a pinch it might have to do.
__________________

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #820
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMoufMouf View Post
Can you try to buy a cheap pair of Sanshas? It might be worth it to have a pair that you just pose and go to conventions in. The Sansha "Recital" goes for $35 in some places, as well as online. If you can find a store that carries them, you can try them on in the store and then order online. Not the nicest thing, I know, but if you are in a pinch it might have to do.
...Well it was worth a try. xD Well I'm probably not gonna get around to Tutu for a while so I guess I'll deal with it when I have to. When this pair is broken I'll probably use it for conventions then.
__________________
"There's no such thing as an absolute and final ending, for it is always followed by a new beginning.
The future is yours to shape as you wish, crafted with hope upon a foundation of peace."


Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #821
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak
 
desertsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 212
Okay, so Tutu is almost done! I have finished the bodice, even though I have to do wierd bendy tucks to fit it to my body and UGH I almost died. I think I may have to alter Kraehe's the same way too. *iz ded*

Okay, so having tackled those mountains, I find myself stumped at the final hurdle: how do I make her arm bands? (lol, I realised they do actually look like arms bands!)
__________________
Upcoming cosplays: Sansa Stark, Cinderella[/font]
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #822
Ranma 1-2
Registered User
 
Ranma 1-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
Okay, so Tutu is almost done! I have finished the bodice, even though I have to do wierd bendy tucks to fit it to my body and UGH I almost died. I think I may have to alter Kraehe's the same way too. *iz ded*

Okay, so having tackled those mountains, I find myself stumped at the final hurdle: how do I make her arm bands? (lol, I realised they do actually look like arms bands!)
Tutu arm puffs - Just make V wide cylinder shapes and make the top and bottom turnovers hollow - so you can then thread knicker elastic in the top and bottom hem ..it should gather it all in automatically and go puffy. Tighten the elastic so it is just a snug fit on your arn. But don't overtighten so your arms circulation doesn't get cut off.
__________________
Cosplay plans 2012
--------------------
Feb - Midland MCM Expo - Katy Perry
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #823
desertsphinx
Sanity is for the weak
 
desertsphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 212
We're done chickies!
But for attaching the feathers and crown, and th egold for Kraehe, we're done!!

I may cry...
__________________
Upcoming cosplays: Sansa Stark, Cinderella[/font]
desertsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #824
Ranma 1-2
Registered User
 
Ranma 1-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsphinx View Post
We're done chickies!
But for attaching the feathers and crown, and th egold for Kraehe, we're done!!

I may cry...
I'm glad you are..I still have lots to do.
Probs take some stuff to work on in the hotel room...again! :/
__________________
Cosplay plans 2012
--------------------
Feb - Midland MCM Expo - Katy Perry
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #825
nadwolff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22
im going to cosplay princess tutu next year =D, but first im losing weigh because i want to have the body of a ballerina first to make a good cosplay.
__________________
Hatsune Miku vr Cantarella done-Con Lucky 13
Kay-digimon in progress- Con Retrovision

weigh lost 7/21 pounds[/font]

DONT MAKE WAR, MAKE PASTA
nadwolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.