Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 533 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #5326
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I love her dress in that song. I want to do it, but I don't at the same time. It's weird. Lol.
I know exactly what you mean. Now looking at it, I'm like "...do I really want to do this?" Plus I would be all by my self...
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #5327
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding-chan View Post
I know exactly what you mean. Now looking at it, I'm like "...do I really want to do this?" Plus I would be all by my self...
True. My friend actually complained that it's hard to find a Rin song without Len being needed as well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #5328
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Now I want to know which version you are talking about XD I went looking for it and found 2 different videos. 1 where shes in a nuns dress, another where shes in a white 2 peice with little chains. all the talk has peeked my curiosity >_<
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #5329
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
Now I want to know which version you are talking about XD I went looking for it and found 2 different videos. 1 where shes in a nuns dress, another where shes in a white 2 peice with little chains. all the talk has peeked my curiosity >_<
I was refering to the white two piece. I actually didn't know there were two versions.

And another one I really want to do is Gakuko in Nishiki no Mai. I love her kimono thing in it. ^_^

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #5330
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
Would anyone like to help with my Kagamine Rin cosplay? I got almost all the supplies from this post:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ne#post3364783

There is no information about what to do with the supplies, so can someone shed some light on this?

Also, where can I get the clips for Rin?
Hah, I'm repeating this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
the clips? you mean hair clips yes? If you have the time Look in any store you go to that sells hair things. I've seen a lot at dollar stores that look a lot like them. or you can make some pretty easy too. theres easily 10 ways to do that >_<

and which supplies are you refering to?? or is it a general "ALL" of them?
Its the kind of thing where I have about 90% of the supplies, and the other 10% has yet to be found. And when I say found, I mean found in stores, and bought.

I just need to know what to do with my materials. Really, what are the gold rivets for? And why do I need veneer?

There is also another tutorial though, that I am using for the headphones. I cannot find paperclay (A.K.A fiber clay). I also can't find LED party balloon lights. (It's a mix of two tutorials. One has you using vinyl, paint, and LED lights for the inner D part on the headphones, and the other one has hologram paper. So I am doing mix of them. I wants lights. ;D ).
Rin.Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #5331
Pudding-chan

Quote:
I was refering to the white two piece. I actually didn't know there were two versions.
I was talking about this version as well. It's very pretty, but I don't want to be alone and also not be recognized! I hate not being recognized!
Unread 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #5332
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
I was talking about this version as well. It's very pretty, but I don't want to be alone and also not be recognized! I hate not being recognized!
I know what you mean. I was cosplaying dark gumi from Mozaik Role at MangaNext and no one recognized me even though Mozaik Role is Gumi's popular song right now... :/

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #5333
Pudding-chan

Quote:
I know what you mean. I was cosplaying dark gumi from Mozaik Role at MangaNext and no one recognized me even though Mozaik Role is Gumi's popular song right now... :/
I think that to be recognized for something more obscure like this you would have to have a number of the characters. Someone might not recognize Rin (or Gumi) by herself but with a Hatsune and Kagamine Len someone would probably recognize at least the character.
Unread 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #5334
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
I think that to be recognized for something more obscure like this you would have to have a number of the characters. Someone might not recognize Rin (or Gumi) by herself but with a Hatsune and Kagamine Len someone would probably recognize at least the character.
Maybe but in the design she doesn't have a number on her at all. Oh well. I had fun walking around in it. I love my goggles.

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #5335
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Maybe but in the design she doesn't have a number on her at all. Oh well. I had fun walking around in it. I love my goggles.
I need some goggles. I keep thinking about buying these goggles at my work. They aren't perfect but they have the coolest lenses ever
Unread 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #5336
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
I need some goggles. I keep thinking about buying these goggles at my work. They aren't perfect but they have the coolest lenses ever
I love wearing goggles on my head for some reason...

And I realized that Nishiki no Mai, Gakuko's outfit is so...kimono-y. 0_0. Maybe I'll hold off on her...

Quote:

Unread 11-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #5337
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
Hah, I'm repeating this.

Its the kind of thing where I have about 90% of the supplies, and the other 10% has yet to be found. And when I say found, I mean found in stores, and bought.

I just need to know what to do with my materials. Really, what are the gold rivets for? And why do I need veneer?

There is also another tutorial though, that I am using for the headphones. I cannot find paperclay (A.K.A fiber clay). I also can't find LED party balloon lights. (It's a mix of two tutorials. One has you using vinyl, paint, and LED lights for the inner D part on the headphones, and the other one has hologram paper. So I am doing mix of them. I wants lights. ;D ).
for the headphones you might want to look up a different tutorial that doesn't use those supplies. (Mixing is always a cool idea to get around that) I wanted to do LED lights too but could never find small enough lights, anywhere but the internet >_<

I'd have to say those supplies are suggestions , seeing as honestly I wouldn't know what the intended use of the gold rivets is for either perhaps the little yellow dots in the leg warmers and shoes? Veneer is another one that stumps me as well, thats for sealing wood, but it lists 'yellow' .

the Hook is (mostlikely) for the belt side accent strap thing. interfacing IDK, I've seen it used in the hair bow, iton-print sheet I'm not sure what that is, Snaps, not sure on that either, yellow sailor tape... never heard of it >_< (if it's for line accents ribbon works well) yellow polyester deshin I'm not sure what that is either
-----------------------------

@touchmon & Pudding-chan
ok :3 . but yeah honestly I might not recognise it either. only perhaps the hair might give it away >_<

Luka singing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrzdwMBAkG0
Rin singing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxzmspNVUzY
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #5338
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

I mean, I know what MOST of the stuff is being used for, it's just those, things that are out of the ordinary.
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #5339
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

Also, sailor tape is also known as bias tape. It says rivets, but it says its for the pants . .
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #5340
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I've decided to add First Virus Resistance~Assualt Chapter to my cosplay list. It looks pretty easy plus I'm hoping I can borrow my friend's Rin wig for it. The guns might be the only problem though.

Quote: