Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1335 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #1816
lollydove

Name of Merchant: koreahomme
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Snow Miku wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item: click
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Processing took about 2 days, shipping about 1 week
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I was initially wary of buying from koreahomme, as the price seemed too good to be true. However, someone recommended them to me- and I'm glad they did.
It was two weeks till my con, so I kept asking questions, and to be honest, I was a bit more pesky than I should have been. >_< They responded very fast and answered my questions well. They posted the item quickly and gave me a tracking number, and helped me when I had a bit of confusion with the system. They promised me it would arrive in time, and it did! The wig was beautiful and long, it tangled easily but that is to be expected of 100cm+ long ponytails! Was exactly like the picture when I unwrapped it, and I received lots of compliments on the day on my wig~!
Final Grade: A+
Great seller, would definitely purchase from again.
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #1817
Keirii21
Only half sane.

Name of Commissioner:Carrot Anime

Website/C.com gallery:www.carrotanime.com

Character commissioned and series/video game:1 Miku Hatsune Wig- Vocaloid

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:None, cause it never came in >.<"

Timeline (how long your order took to process):The order went through on Labor day weekend, the website said about a weeks or so it would be at my house. Hm...Its November 2nd now. I dont think it'll come in

Pros:They sent an email saying how they merged companies with Dandylion Creations, and it might take a day or two longer, and that if you're order is effected by the merge, that there will be some sort of compensation

Cons:Well my wig STILL has not come in. I personally sent many emails asking when they think my wig will arrive, I wanted it merely for Halloween.
They finally replied a long time later sayng they will ask Kudos "the company that is handling my wig" when it will come in, and that they will email me.
I have still not gotten an email from "Kudos" or "Carrotanime"

Comments:I dont think my wig will come in, so please take my advice, do not buy wigs from Carrot Anime

Final Grade:

F-

Naoi Ayato- Angel Beats!
Yuri Lowell- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
Ezreal (Default skin)- League of Legends

XBL: Fimbulvinter13

Last edited by Keirii21 : 11-02-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Keirii21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #1818
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Classe / Otamap
Items ordered: 100cm in Green06
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and ran into some major trouble which caused a delay of nearly 1 month. Shipping was within Japan.

This was an order from another coscom member which I acted as a middleman for. The order was placed through Otamap, our usual cosplay shop portal.

It was ordered on it's own without any other items, meaning a 525 yen shipping charge was incurred :/ The final cost was 5,725 yen.

After 4 weeks with no word about the order, I emailed Otamap in Japanese to find out what was going down. They, naturally, blamed Classe... but somehow managed to have the wig ~right there~ to pop in the mail only seconds later. To me this reads: Otamap screwed up and forgot about the order until I reminded them ^^;;;

Oh well, they were apologetic enough and the wig was in my hands less than 24 hours after I asked them where the heck it was.

It arrived packed in a neato gift-looking box, wrapped in a wig net and stuffed with a good amount of firmly-packed tissue paper with Classe tags attatched. It also came with a free black wig cap, an extra hairnet and a heavy-duty plastic storage bag. Unlike the shorter style wigs I've gotten from Classe, this wig did not come with a plastic storage/carrying case.

Pros: The wig is well-packed, relatively untangled and exactly the color it was represented as on the website.

Cons: It took far too long (though likely otamap's fault, not Classe's) and doesn't have a super-convenient carrying case :/ Ah well.

Final Comments: This is my fourth Classe wig and the first I've ordered for another coscom customer. As it isn't for me, I can't really get it out and play with it, but it looks pretty consistant in quality with the other wigs I've gotten from them.

Final Grade to Classe: A (case > box)
Final Grade to Otamap: C (sloooow!)

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #1819
illusion838
Now with Kung-Fu grip!

Name of Merchant: cosplaymagic
Items ordered: Vampire Knight Day Class uniform (w/ Tie clip)
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: here (Sorry that it's blurred)

Time-line (how long your order took to process): Ordered it on the 27th of October (Needed it by March, I gave it plenty of time I think :P) and received it a week later on the 3rd of November

Pros: It got here in a week when It I was told it would take 4 weeks. and The Jacket and Vest fit perfectly and the tie is awesome (It tightens up with a zipper )

Cons: The shirt and pants smell a little like fish oil but that can be aired out with ease.

Final Comments: Loving the outfit and I know that I'm going to be going with them again

Final Grade: A

DA: http://full-metal-matt.deviantart.com/

Cosplays for 2011:

Zero Kiryu - Vampire Knight
Kamui Gakupo - Vocaloid (Gakuppoido)
Lau -Black Butler
illusion838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #1820
ELunamoon
Kore Demo Shitsuji DEATH

Name of Commissioner: epiccosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/epiccosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Hi-temp Honey Blonde Short Cosplay Wigs 3DAY FS 06HB (Used for a Mello(Death Note) wig.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://e-lunamoon.deviantart.com/#/d31z4ub
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Bought it Friday 31st November 2010 and received it Monday November 1st 2010

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
PROS:
Well originally I was having a tough time finding a wig that fit my standards for a Mello(Death Note) wig, so when I saw this on ebay I flipped (:. Plus considering how impatient I am, the fact that it only would take about four days for it to get here really got me excited. It was about $20 over what I wanted to spend but the results were well worth it. It came right on time and in great condition. Now in the picture, I kinda fucked up the bangs because I suck at styling but they're all good and fixed now LOL. The bangs were originally past my nose. The wig is a great shade of blonde and is soft and thick! Its an amazing wig and I would definitely order from epiccosplay again!

CONS: None! Nothing I would want to change about it! Well...It does look a TINY bit green in non-natrual light but actual blonde hair occasionally does that as well so its no big deal x) Also it was a TAD bit overpriced considering it wasn't an especially difficult, extravagant wig but well worth the money spent!

Final Grade: A !
Fran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Izaya (Durarara!!)-Jasdero (D Gray Man)-Devit (D Gray Man)-Jasdevi(D Gray Man)-Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)-Deidara {Reluctantly...Disgusting mouth bastard} (Naruto)-Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Mello (Death Note)-Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid PV)
ELunamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #1821
Braithcakes
Doggie Ninja!

Name of Commissioner: Epic Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: www.epiccosplay.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: bought a "Dark Red" bob-cut wig from them for Lavi from D.Grayman.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i52.tinypic.com/33ljybr.jpg (ignore how nappy it looks in that picture that was when I rushed to put on the headband and it still had hairspray in it xD)
Timeline: it arrived about 4 days after I ordered it actually, they have a US. based one too.

Describe your Experience: This was my favorite time buying a wig online, I recommend them to anyone, the wig needed some cutting and styling but most wigs for me do(I has a tiny head so wigs are really long on me)

Pros: Fast shipping, great communication, Fantastic wig. The fibers are soft, there's a high fiber count, they're heat resistant, it styled well, and the color is fantastic. Some girl thought it was my real hair and asked how I got it to be so red.

cons: None at all.

Final Grade:A+
Soul Eater: Blaire(male)- Page 12, Chapter 73.
Male Dagger/Garnet: Final Fantasy-9

2011 Cons:
Megacon '11
Metrocon '11
Braithcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #1822
vikitty
Supertemp!

Name of Commissioner: Loserific Commissions (Ashli)
Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/member/15147/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Hogwarts uniform skirt for my Hermione costume.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2761676/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2761677/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2761678/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I commissioned her Aug 7, received my item exactly one month later on September 7.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: This was my first commission so I was pretty green. Ashli was really helpful in explaining the process/timeline and also providing help with the measurements. Unfortunately, I must have measured something wrong because the finished skirt was waaaay too big and fell right off of me! I was able to have the local dressmaker take it in and she did a wonderful job -- you can't even tell it's been altered -- and so it worked out in the end. Ashli also got the colormatch for the fabric down pretty well, considering I didn't yet have the sweater to photograph/send as a reference for matching. Communication was more frequent in the earlier stages, but she told me she had been swamped with orders and I was hesitant to message her too much for updates (don't want to interrupt the ~art~ you know). I did have to wait several days for pictures once it was complete which was torture LOL. I didn't get the pictures until she'd already shipped, and I think if I'd maybe been able to see some pics in progress or at least before she'd sent, I would have clued in that "wow, that looks kind of big even on the mannequin..." and would have double-checked the measurements I sent or something.
Final Grade: B+, it was a fun first commission experience and a learning experience but I think next time I would be more confident in asking what I expected as far as communication, updates, progress pics etc etc. I would definitely hire Ashli again.
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:16 AM   #1823
Siaarn_Pookie

Name of Commissioner: Loserific Commissions

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/15147

Character commissioned and series/video game: Jigglypuff Gijinka, it was a lolita-esque dress and a wig with ears.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I don't have any yet D: BUT I'll upload them as soon as I take them!

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Uhhh I think almost 3 weeks o:

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: She was lovely, she helped me figure out every little detail I wanted in the costume and she drew up pictures of the dress for me so I could decide which design I wanted. She gave me progress updates all the time and took photos. The finished product is beautiful and really well made, and REALLY comfy, I highly recommend her, especially if you want something frilly and lolita-y.

Unread 11-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #1824
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Classe
Items purchased: Hiroto character wig (used)
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: (styled) here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I walked into the store and bought it

I bought this wig used through Mandarake in Shibuya (Tokyo) just after Tokyo Game Show. It was barely used, still in its original case and came with a black wig net.

It was a total steal paired with an Inazuma Eleven training uniform for 5,800 yen.

Pros: I got it and a costume for slightly over the price of the wig. There isn't much to complain about in that. For a used wig, it held up remarkably well. In fact, I'm skeptical as to if the original owner ever even bothered to cut or style it before wearing it. It was that pristine.

The color is pretty darned close to the character's and oddly enough, the wig looks really natural on with no gapping or strange lines around the ears or neck. I had a few people ask me if it was my real hair. It photographs great with the white and blue in the Inazuma Japan uniforms, too. The choice of black for the wig-cap actually gives a little bit of a dark gradient effect at the roots when styled in certain ways.

Cons: The ultra-bright color is SUPREMELY unflattering to just about all human beings. It took a lot of makeup to make this even remotely work for me and even then I look a bit pale, haggard and melty unless the light is very good.

It's a wee bit thin in the back, though it seems to be intentional and gives the back some natural lift. Just be careful trimming it any shorter than it already is since it will probably show the netting.

Final Comments: I dig classe. They have very reasonable and versatile mid-range wigs and the best color choices out there.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #1825
WeightofWarhead

Name of Commissioner: Beloved Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: Link

Character commissioned and series/video game: Izaya Orihara from Durarara. Only the jacket was commissioned.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Gallery

Timeline: August 2010 - October 2010

Pros: One of my favorite things about this commissioner is that the communication was perfect. She always got back to you, even over the smallest details, which is very convenient. What is also nice is that she told me ahead of time that she had another commission to do before mine, and then a while later told me when she was actually starting to order my commission's materials and such. She even contacted me asking which type of fur I would prefer, and also contacted me again when she ran out of fur, would have to order more, and take an extra week.

Which this is great to know because I know we all have those issues of figuring out what happened to our commission/order and losing contact with the commissioner. I can't even complain about how long she took 'cause she always kept me updated so I never felt like I was sitting on the edge. (:

Now, the jacket itself is very wonderful and I couldn't ask for more. While the jacket was unlined (upon my request since I was planning on wearing this cosplay in the summer), the jacket itself is very comfortable and the quality of it is great. It could even pass as an everyday, casual jacket!

Pricing was very reasonable and she also gave me progress shots every now and then to keep me updated.

Cons: Pretty much none that I can think of. I'm so happy with my new Izaya cosplay jacket!

Unread 11-06-2010, 05:25 AM   #1826
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #1827
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

1.)Name of Merchant: The Five Wits

Website
:www.thefivewits.net

Item purchased: Action Iced Demon Slayer wig

Links to picture(s) of your received item: Will update soon

Timeline
: About 5 minutes xD

Describe your Experience: They had a stand at Akicon (Bellevue,WA), so once I saw this wig, I had to get it. So yea no shipping involved which is really good. The price is reasonable and they were able to answer all my questions. I immediately tried it on once I got home from Akicon, and it's amazing! The wig is soft and pretty thick and I'm in love with it! I will definately order from them again.

Pros
: -soft/thick
-nice people
-great price

Cons: Nothing really

2.)Name of Commissioner: scrubster

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/47509

Character commissioned and series/video game: Chii/Persocom ears

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Will update soon

Timeline: Don't remember... Early October, received around October 20

Describe your Experience
: I placed an ad in the marketplace, wanting these ears to be made before November, and he responded. Out of all the people who PMd me, I choose him. He said it was going to made out of foam and with a white headband (which was what I wanted). He also said it would take a few days to make and would be able to ship it out in a few days as well. He even gave me a link to his blog which showed past props/weapons he made, and said that he'll update the progress on his blog as well. His props looked very amazing which also made me accept him.

A week has gone by, and I hear nothing from him, and no progress pictures. I PM him asking how's the progress. He said the headband broke so he had to go get a new one. Another week goes by and I hear nothing from him, and still no progress pictures. I then PMd him asking if I can get the ears before Oct. 23, he responded and said he was able to do that. A few days go by and I ask him how the progress is going or if he shipped it. He responds, apologizing and saying that there were a few personal problems going on, but he shipped the ears. I'm not sure if that was some excuse but I told him it was ok and I didn't mind at all.

Once the ears arrived, I was excited. But once I opened them, I was very disappointed. They were the right color foam, but I didn't like the way it was made. This made me realized why he didn't update anything on his blog.

Overall, I was very unhappy with the way the ears looked, I don't mean to be mean, but it looked as if it was made by someone with no craft skills. I ended up not using the ears and had to make some myself. I wanted to ask for a refund, but decided to just let it go. I will not order from him again :C

edit: A few days ago, I received a refund from scrubster and after exchanging a few pm's, offered to make a prop for free. It was really nice and professional of him to do that. He did mention something like 'Communication is key' and it made me realized I should have contacted him immediately after receiving the ears. I lack communication skills ._.

Final Grade
: B

Last edited by ShyShy : 03-13-2011 at 03:49 PM.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #1828
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #1829
Heiligediscorde

Name of Merchant:Hello Cosplay

Item Purchased:Kingdom Hearts II Organization 13 Coat

Link to Pictures:Not needed. I am not exagerrating when I say it looks exactly like the picture they give

Timeline: I can't give specifics, I'm horrible at keeping track of dates. All in all, it was ordered and then received in a little less than two weeks.

Describe your experience: I did a lot of resarch as this was going to be my first real cosplay and this site has the best bang for your buck. This seems to me like the cheepest yet best quality org coat on the net. I also saw the other reviews and the only bad grade given seems to be an isolated incident. I should also note the words at the top of the site "Deutschland Cosplay" does not claim they are located in Germany. It merely turns their text in to German for buyers located in Germany.

Pros: Nice pleather fabric that is very durable and great for winter cosplay. The chain isn't very sturdy,but I expected that. The chain looks the same as in the picture, so I can't say they surprised me.

Cons: None that I have found in the costume. It really is good quality and even their shipping costs are fair.

Heiligediscorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #1830
atlantisan

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 long straight ponytail extension (black); 1 Lulu in black
Links to picture(s) of your received item:
Lulu with attached ponytail extension
Side view of ponytail and Lulu
Side view of Lulu

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered 10/28 (Thursday), shipped on 11/3 (Wednesday). Received on 11/5 (Friday). About a week.

Experience: Overall a great experience. Wigs were shipped really quickly with no problem. Definitely a seller I'd buy from again and recommend to people.

The ponytail extension is tremendously long though! I wasn't expecting a very long one but it's about 40 inches long (100cm)! It's also very thick, great for a Black Rock Shooter cosplay. It's also great because I only needed 1 ponytail extension, and some other cheap places sell the clip-on extensions as part of a package of the base wig + 2 ponytail extensions. Did I mention it was cheap, too?

The Lulu is just a standard bob with long bangs and a 2'' skintop in the middle. Very soft and easily fingercombed.

Pros:
-Located in U.S.
-Relatively cheap (extension was $15, lulu was $30) compared to other wig retailers. With shipping, my total was about $53.
-Circumfrence of the wig is wide, but it also is adjustable for smaller heads
-Fibers are really soft, finger combing is fine for detangling
-Wigs are really thick with lots of hair
-Order includes a nice little brochure on how to take care of the wigs

Cons:
-The extensions are definitely as it says in the description: very high maintainence and prone to tangling easily. However, it's not too hard to finger comb out the tangles since the fibers are so silky. I'll probably pretreat it with some Motions Oil Sheen.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo

Last edited by atlantisan : 11-11-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fixed link
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote