Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 172 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #2761
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmysitardemy View Post
Sorry to ask, but is the ebay seller, 2aPlus2 good? They're pictures seem legit, all consistant. But the 100% positive feedback sends a yellow flag up. Anyone deal with them before?

http://myworld.ebay.com/2aplus2/
I don't know if the sellers themselves are the same people under alternate names (like Professional Only and cog_marc) or if one seller is posing as/stealing from another, but the banner used in their cosplay stores and the style of photos used for their cosplays are nearly identical to another seller I've come across before.

Compare:

2aplus2:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MOBILE-SUIT-Gund...em3cb14b d996
and their banner: http://stores.ebay.com/2aplus2

to...

cosplayholic/doublepopshop:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gundam-Wing-Rele...em2c586e ee85
their banner: http://stores.ebay.com/cosplayholic
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #2762
Beachbead

I would not buy anything from Limebarb i just got my Goblin Hat i ordered 14 months ago and it looks like crap, she made the hat on a two sizes to big army hat, and the leather work looks like someone new came into there shop and made it. once i pulled the hat out I was like gross who made this crap. please do not buy anything from that company what so ever!
Beachbead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 02:29 AM   #2763
Alisana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
I don't know if the sellers themselves are the same people under alternate names (like Professional Only and cog_marc) or if one seller is posing as/stealing from another, but the banner used in their cosplay stores and the style of photos used for their cosplays are nearly identical to another seller I've come across before.

Compare:

2aplus2:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MOBILE-SUIT-Gund...em3cb14b d996
and their banner: http://stores.ebay.com/2aplus2

to...

cosplayholic/doublepopshop:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gundam-Wing-Rele...em2c586e ee85
their banner: http://stores.ebay.com/cosplayholic
I've used cosplayholic before/doublepshop and this picture here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Magical-Girl-Lyr...#ht_4837wt_905 is the cosplay I comissioned from them. You can see me wearing it here: http://fav.me/d2o8o1h

Its the same costume - they didn't have one already in stock, so I sent them a whole collection of screenshots, ranging from back, front, bottom, top, shoes, wings, etc etc just to make sure it was right. They took a pic for me before sending it so I could check it out for quality and well, it turned out fantastic. This 2aplus2 thing though I'm not sure about - whether its the same company, or if they're pinching graphics? Hard to tell.
Alisana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #2764
kiratsukai
culture shocked

It may be worth noting that several Chinese factories work with multiple store and auction fronts and that some lower-end costume-makers like Emily and Tantrip sell their costumes bagged or boxed wholesale to other retailers. So one seller having the same photos as another seller isn't always a reliable indication that those photos are stolen or that the item isn't being genuinely represented.

It's best to go by reviews of past customers (including photos of what they got), whether the images on the site/profile are all consistant (Do they use the same style of mannequin or wig head? Are they shot with the same lighting and photo quality? Are they displayed in the same style?), and whether or not the price seems to reflect the quality shown.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-01-2010 at 03:50 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #2765
lightwave
nu ABO

I'm ordering from doublepshop2008 myself (cosplayholic) and I've heard nothing but good things about them and communication has been great, so I hope it goes through well. I think there was another topic on this in this forum and it said 2aplus2 and doublepshop2008/cosplayholic are the same seller? :x
lightwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #2766
Fanimeanniedubs
I talk to bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnAnime View Post
I was looking online today and happen to come accross a site I have been looking for, for a long time. There is a website below that belongs to someone who will scam you... I have heard alot of bad Experiences with this person.

Here is their site: ( do not get them to make a costume!)

The Cosplay Shop

There are sites that have proof about bad experiences with this person.

here is one that was made a while back but made me look for the site for a long time. people were still getting ripped off too.

The Cosplay Shop Scam

Here is also another one that gives you a testimate from someone who was scammed and the person's Ebay seller name.

Lion Heart's Cosplay: Cosplay Scams

If you want to see the profile of the person on Ebay look here but DO NOT BUY!!

Ebay seller: garylo2000

Notice that all the good feedback is from stuff they bought and bad from what they sold. If anyone knows this person's new Ebay name please contact me. Funny how they are no longer a member since they scammed people.

Hope this helps someone!
So, the last ebay seller. The two reviews are bad and say that he didn't reply or send anything, but what about the rest of them?

He could have made multiple accounts, I guess, but thats a lot.... o_O

Also, this makes me wonder now about the reviews, since obviously, even though he had all the good reviews, they weren't true. Is there any way to tell whether or not reviews are really by customers?

- あんに 【Anni】
Fanimeanniedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #2767
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?

Reliable Ebay Stores

Hey everyone! I was wondering if you guys could suggest some reliable ebay stores? My friend Stephanie is looking to get some stuff on ebay (shoes, costume, wig..the works) and I told her I'd do some investigating on her behalf.

Thanks in advance!

-------
Anime North 2012
Little Sister, Bioshock 2
Terra Branford 2.0, Final Fantasy
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #2768
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Please use the following link for recommendations - thanks!

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74409

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #2769
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if you guys could suggest some reliable ebay stores? My friend Stephanie is looking to get some stuff on ebay (shoes, costume, wig..the works) and I told her I'd do some investigating on her behalf.

Thanks in advance!

-------
Anime North 2012
Unread 11-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #2770
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Queen View Post

Thanks in advance!
Check the commissioner review thread, they have a lot, but I'll look up a few names since I can't remember them off the top of my head. There's a wig store on ebay that's my favorite. Also, for wigs the cosplay.com shopping store isn't bad. Just try not to order during busy season...I bought a Japanese wig that got held back 2 weeks in customs but I Didn't need it right away. Mine was a Zephyr, but I know they don't have Zephyr wigs or Airily wigs in their store at the moment. Both of which I would suggest.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #2771
Pirate Queen
What's up, hot lady?

kawaiipocky--> Thanks! I would appreciate it! I have been checking the thread a bit, but its hard to figure which commisoners are from ebay unless you read the review. I just wanted to see if anyone had some names from tops of the mind so I can pass along to my friend.

-------
Anime North 2012
Unread 11-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #2772
Beachbead

hears my update on Limebarb.
I finally recived my Goblin Hat from FF 11,no words can tell you how mad I'm at them, but i will try my best. After waiting for 14 months i got the hat, the leather was glued onto a Army helmet, when i removed the hat from the box it looked patched together, and ya the smell of glue made me kinda sick so I hat to put it some place where it wouldn't smell any more. the ears looked like crap. i asked them to do the hat in fake leather, the colors are off. the hat is two sizes to big and I'll have to post photos of it pretty soon. If I didn't pay so much for the hat I would of tossed it into the trash.
Do not order nothing from this comapny there own costumes looks amazeing but when they do it for someone else it looks like trash.

hear are the photos, I don't take photos very good.

http://beachbead.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Beachbead : 11-09-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Beachbead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #2773
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbead View Post
hears my update on Limebarb.
I finally recived my Goblin Hat from FF 11,no words can tell you how mad I'm at them, but i will try my best. After waiting for 14 months i got the hat, the leather was glued onto a Army helmet, when i removed the hat from the box it looked patched together, and ya the smell of glue made me kinda sick so I hat to put it some place where it wouldn't smell any more. the ears looked like crap. i asked them to do the hat in fake leather, the colors are off. the hat is two sizes to big and I'll have to post photos of it pretty soon. If I didn't pay so much for the hat I would of tossed it into the trash.
Do not order nothing from this comapny there own costumes looks amazeing but when they do it for someone else it looks like trash.

hear are the photos, I don't take photos very good.

http://beachbead.deviantart.com/
Ouch! This reminds me of my friend when he order an euruka seven cosplay. The jacket was alright but the shoes, you can tell that the leather pieces were glue to it. and some of them were off. Limebarb has this tendency to have it either too big or too small on the clothing department.

I don't know why people go to her and some of the stuff isn;t accurate. I know a few commissioners who do a decent job and charge less.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #2774
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03 View Post
I don't know why people go to her and some of the stuff isn;t accurate. I know a few commissioners who do a decent job and charge less.
To be fair, I don't know any commissioner who could have worked leather from scratch into a helmet for a cheap price (or likely at all).

That hat looks pretty darned good to me and limebarb's portfolio is amazing. Most of the people who complain about what the INSIDE of a commissioners' work looks like haven't actually made the effort to try and construct things that look nice on the side that doesn't show themselves. Generally speaking -- if it holds together and you can't see it: it doesn't matter to me. It's a costume. If it works and looks badass, that's exactly what I want. But that's just me.

If you want cheap -- what you get is going to get something pretty standard, unskilled and likely made in a factory or by a beginner expending the least amount of effort. If you want work from an expert, it's going to be nicer... yes. But that doesn't mean it's going to float down from heaven on high of its own volition and alight in your hands exactly as you imagined it.

^^; Skilled commissioners are human too.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #2775
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
To be fair, I don't know any commissioner who could have worked leather from scratch into a helmet for a cheap price (or likely at all).

That hat looks pretty darned good to me and limebarb's portfolio is amazing. Most of the people who complain about what the INSIDE of a commissioners' work looks like haven't actually made the effort to try and construct things that look nice on the side that doesn't show themselves. Generally speaking -- if it holds together and you can't see it: it doesn't matter to me. It's a costume. If it works and looks badass, that's exactly what I want. But that's just me.

If you want cheap -- what you get is going to get something pretty standard, unskilled and likely made in a factory or by a beginner expending the least amount of effort. If you want work from an expert, it's going to be nicer... yes. But that doesn't mean it's going to float down from heaven on high of its own volition and alight in your hands exactly as you imagined it.

^^; Skilled commissioners are human too.
I thought it looked pretty good too, lol. Maybe not the inside, but the outside looks good. It does stink and is disappointing that it is too big though.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote