Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

View Poll Results: .
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.78 average.
Unread 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #2776
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
To be fair, I don't know any commissioner who could have worked leather from scratch into a helmet for a cheap price (or likely at all).

That hat looks pretty darned good to me and limebarb's portfolio is amazing. Most of the people who complain about what the INSIDE of a commissioners' work looks like haven't actually made the effort to try and construct things that look nice on the side that doesn't show themselves. Generally speaking -- if it holds together and you can't see it: it doesn't matter to me. It's a costume. If it works and looks badass, that's exactly what I want. But that's just me.

If you want cheap -- what you get is going to get something pretty standard, unskilled and likely made in a factory or by a beginner expending the least amount of effort. If you want work from an expert, it's going to be nicer... yes. But that doesn't mean it's going to float down from heaven on high of its own volition and alight in your hands exactly as you imagined it.

^^; Skilled commissioners are human too.
Perhaps its because of the experience of my friend's order that got me thinking. At one point I was going to order from her but after seeing that, i said no.

I understand skilled commissioners are humans (my friend is one and even she gets tired , but in this case the customer was unsatisfied. Even if you can't see the mess, she could of at least tried to hide it.
Elsword: Blade Master Raven-Done & Elemental Master Aisha-Done
Future Cosplays
Elsword: Iron Paladin Chung-Planning Stage
Tales of Xillia 2: Jude Mathis and Victor
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #2777
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Having some comissioner troubles (yeah, again... I'm not lucky on this front) ~ this time with TeL:

------------------------

A user calling themselves TeL/Blackmarket replied to a comission-wanted ad back in September. Their portfolio looked amazing and the price was unbeatable. After speaking to one of their former customers who told me they completed their comission, only very late, I decided to take the leap anyway since my deadline is extremely flexible. I accepted the deal, on the condition that photographs of materials would be sent to me before the ebay return policy expired.

They weren't sent.

I recieved two assurances that the costume would be finished "within a few weeks" or "by the first week of November" at the latest but no images of materials or the costume.

Recently messages have gone unanswered on coscom. I've just tracked them down on facebook and sent a message asking for the downlow. Hopefully something comes of it.

In the meantime, the comissioner has remained extremely active cosplaying and participating in events and promotions in their own country. I sincerely hope my money (and others') isn't being accepted as a way of funding these activities without any intention to come through on the deals that were made.

I've only spoken with one other user who has worked with TeL and the story is similar :/
It seems that, whatever the story, TeL can not keep a deadline and is best avoided for costumes you need by any sort of cut-off date at all.

I may not have a strict deadline, but I also now have no way to get back the money I've sent if I recieve nothing at all

Does anyone else have an experience with this comissioner or advice about how to contact her?

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 11-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #2778
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Quote:
Having some comissioner troubles (yeah, again... I'm not lucky on this front) ~ this time with TeL:

------------------------

A user calling themselves TeL/Blackmarket replied to a comission-wanted ad back in September. Their portfolio looked amazing and the price was unbeatable. After speaking to one of their former customers who told me they completed their comission, only very late, I decided to take the leap anyway since my deadline is extremely flexible. I accepted the deal, on the condition that photographs of materials would be sent to me before the ebay return policy expired.

They weren't sent.

I recieved two assurances that the costume would be finished "within a few weeks" or "by the first week of November" at the latest but no images of materials or the costume.

Recently messages have gone unanswered on coscom. I've just tracked them down on facebook and sent a message asking for the downlow. Hopefully something comes of it.

In the meantime, the comissioner has remained extremely active cosplaying and participating in events and promotions in their own country. I sincerely hope my money (and others') isn't being accepted as a way of funding these activities without any intention to come through on the deals that were made.

I've only spoken with one other user who has worked with TeL and the story is similar :/
It seems that, whatever the story, TeL can not keep a deadline and is best avoided for costumes you need by any sort of cut-off date at all.

I may not have a strict deadline, but I also now have no way to get back the money I've sent if I recieve nothing at all

Does anyone else have an experience with this comissioner or advice about how to contact her?
This is scary, TeL is reserving a slot for me to make a Shelke from FFVII Dirge of Cerberus costume for me....should I revoke it? I haven't paid yet.
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #2779
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I've had experience with TeL, as I spoke to kiratsukai and was very up front with my experience. I did get my products, but VERY late. I hounded them for it, but I did receive photos of my products in progress. What I did get was beautiful in the end.

I imagine too much work was taken on upon too much planned activities. This happened once with me, which pushed my due date out of line.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble. Are there no photos posted on their website or on their FaceBook? I haven't seen any photo updates in a while on their FaceBook, which is what they use when their site is down.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #2780
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmysitardemy View Post
This is scary, TeL is reserving a slot for me to make a Shelke from FFVII Dirge of Cerberus costume for me....should I revoke it? I haven't paid yet.
Not at all. But be sure to give her plenty of time... and pay with a credit card so you can chargeback just in case something goes wrong.

I have no idea how it will turn out. She got in touch with me through facebook this afternoon though, so I feel a wee bit better about the whole thing.

Unread 11-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #2781
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Quote:
Not at all. But be sure to give her plenty of time... and pay with a credit card so you can chargeback just in case something goes wrong.

I have no idea how it will turn out. She got in touch with me through facebook this afternoon though, so I feel a wee bit better about the whole thing.
Well my slot is for April but she said if I pay early, she can start earlier if she has free time. I need it by Easter weekend for Anime Boston '11.
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #2782
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

I got my Sebastian costume from HelloCosplay today after 2 weeks exact and the pants and the vest fits perfectly except the sleeves for the jacket is WAY TOO LONG that it covers my hands! So I had to hand sew it myself in order to make it shorter plus the buttons were very loose, but I fixed it since its easy for a person who has no experience.

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #2783
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Just to throw in my two cents: A friend of mine ordered a Sebastian cosplay from there (Black Butler) and its beautiful. I don't know the details, but she told me she ordered it from them. And it looks like the pictures. I can't say anything about shipping times, since she did order it before i met her (and got it before i met her). But it does look nice.

One button has popped off since then, i think. Thats about it.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #2784
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Just to throw in my two cents: A friend of mine ordered a Sebastian cosplay from there (Black Butler) and its beautiful. I don't know the details, but she told me she ordered it from them. And it looks like the pictures. I can't say anything about shipping times, since she did order it before i met her (and got it before i met her). But it does look nice.

One button has popped off since then, i think. Thats about it.
I had the same costume as she does! OMG!

It is really beautiful but to buttons are too loose! I like my costume alot

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #2785
Kildread
I can fix it!

I ordered my P4 school uniform (male) from them with a grey wig and both came in the following week. Apart from the strange yellow stains (Barely noticeable) at the button seams on the white shirt (Which were mostly gone after 1 wash), everything fit well and was like the pictures. Buttons are really loose and I be sure they'd tear off easily if I'm not careful though.

I do suspect it was in special because they had inventory at the time and didn't need to make the piece itself.

Last edited by Kildread : 11-19-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #2786
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

I just ordered an Organization XIII coat from them and have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed! I ordered it on the 17th, my payment went through on the 20th, and I just received it today, on the 22nd. I've only got it out for a bit to try it on and such, but it fits really well and seems to be pretty well-made. It's a little shorter than I expected, but actually works better for movement, so that's not a big deal. I've also found a few loose threads sticking out here and there, but those can be trimmed with relative ease so I'm not too worried about those. All in all, I'm really impressed with them. I'll be doing a full review in the Commissioner Review Thread probably sometime tomorrow, I'll edit a link to it in here when I'm done. 8D

Edit: Here's the review I posted, just in case anyone wants to check it out. ^_^

For Sale
Long Green Wig ~ Wine Red Braid

Last edited by Charubi : 11-24-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #2787
RyuushiroChan
o//////////o

D:

I was about to buy something from one of the shops you guy said that were scamming people!

Thank you so much for warning us! >_<

Last edited by RyuushiroChan : 11-24-2010 at 09:12 AM.
RyuushiroChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 03:52 AM   #2788
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Welp ~ TeL had a deadline for the beginning of November. It's now the last week of November.

She's staying in contact now, but still no progress photos.

We'll see how it turns out ^^;;;

Unread 11-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #2789
ELunamoon
Kore Demo Shitsuji DEATH

What happened to cosplayhouse.com?

I went on this morning to look at a costume I was thinking of buying (I've heard some pretty good stuff about these guys so I was pretty excited to look more into the costume)and I found that their webpage is down. Does anyone know if they are just updating? Or if its a glitch on my part (All other webpages work)?

Please help!
(I will move this thread if needed. I had no idea where to post this.)

Edit: I...Guess it was moved for me...LOL. Thanks! I had completely over looked this!
Fran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Izaya (Durarara!!)-Jasdero (D Gray Man)-Devit (D Gray Man)-Jasdevi(D Gray Man)-Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)-Deidara {Reluctantly...Disgusting mouth bastard} (Naruto)-Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Mello (Death Note)-Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid PV)

Last edited by ELunamoon : 11-28-2010 at 12:01 AM.
ELunamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #2790
sara624
Toki-Circut

It's not working on my computer either.
sara624 is offline   Reply With Quote