Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM²

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #31
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Club2theMAX announces MATSURI SUMMER FEST 2011! Win prizes prizes such as DVD’s, Manga, Pocky, Ramune, additional Japanese confections/snacks and more at carnival and matsuri themed game booths! Best of all no entrance fee into the festival! There will also be a Matsuri Summer Fest stage where activities such as live local band performances, on-site contests, treasure hunts and other activities will be scheduled throughout the day and evening for attendee participation and fun.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2010, 03:41 AM   #32
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

it will start of slow but the idea is to tell your friends and get the word around, thats how all cons work. I remember PMX and Anime LA started very small PMX was alot larger since T.M. Revolution was the cons first musical guest which sadly I missed but it got its name there, sadly it was too costly for them so they never had a guest that big again but fans noticed and started going, recently PMX is more music and culture oriented over anime but still has a following, Anime LA is growing it itself every year, but I can see MAX booming even bigger seeing as a former PR company that worked for one of the biggest Cons has the know how to do this and is sponsored and wants fans to enjoy themselves, not many cans have started thay way but Chase Wang is himself an anime fan and very nice guy so kudos to him lets make MAX rock this year.
Unread 11-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #33
RivetSPOOn
Der Überlöffel!

I'm definitely spreading the word. I'm waiting on PayPal, though, so I can register for Artist Alley.
Unread 11-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #34
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

have to say this is a pretty strong post talking about MAX:

ANIME NEWS: Club 2 the MAX convention on Asian pop culture to take on Anime Expo

http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201011010266.html
Unread 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #35
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

I was wondering....are we ready to start posting threads about potential gatherings yet?

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #36
atlantisan

That would be cool. Since it's a long ways away though, probably won't have too many responses. I'm planning on checking out MAX on the first day. I already got AX tickets so maybe some days if I'm bored my friends and I will make the drive over to Anaheim. We'll definitely be cosplaying!

Meh... I got confused for a second since I googled Club 2 the max and none of the websites were loading. The new site url has changed completely.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #37
MizuSenjutsu
Sleeping Bear

90% of the ACC is being used for AM2. Areas haven't been disclosed but it might be a good idea to start postings for gatherings and posting it on their forums in conjunction. forms.am2con.org

I know there are postings for a hetalia group on their forums.
MizuSenjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #38
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizuSenjutsu View Post
90% of the ACC is being used for AM2. Areas haven't been disclosed but it might be a good idea to start postings for gatherings and posting it on their forums in conjunction. forms.am2con.org

I know there are postings for a hetalia group on their forums.
*shivers* sorry some of my club members utterly killed Hetalia for me in the recent months, but I think it be cool if the heads did something to get people interested in AM2 together and hold events, I went to one Anime LA had and made some new friends and people go to know some of the staff and workers and what ALA wanted to become and goals which was cool, plus some good food too haha.

But you never know they might be busy with getting things done for the event, but lets see if our words reach AM2. XD