Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 11-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Help with Angelic Pretty and BTSSB!

Hey everyone!
i am looking to buy my first sweet lolita dress for christmas, and check out the BABY, the stars shine bright website, but it is mostly in Japanese.
i also checked out Angelic Pretty, but even though i see a dress i like there seem to be no dress sizes. same with BABY. (sorry, i am new to this)

so does Lolita things only come in one certain size?
you have to be a certain size for lolita?

and when does AP usally stock up agian?

if anyone could help me, thanks!!
(sorry if this sounds really dumb, but i am new to this)
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I can't really help with AP because I have never ordered from them. I have heard sometimes it is better or easier to use a shopping service to buy items from them because the English store stock is very small and not that great of a selection.

For Baby, there is information about ordering on this page:
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/overseas.html
http://www.babyssb.co.jp/overseas-cart.html <-- shopping cart tutorial, pretty Engrish-y but straightforward.

The shopping cart system is basically like any other site, all fields marked with a red asterisk are required. You shouldn't have to bother with the other information as it only applies to Japan residents.

After you place your order, you will get an automatic confirmation. Later you will get the real invoice (in English) with total cost with shipping, and info for Baby's paypal account where you must send your payment in yen within seven days (failure to make payment in time can result in blacklisting).

Once you make your paypal payment send them an email letting them know you paid. Once they confirm that the payment has been received they will send your items.

edit: oh yeah, and about sizes... Yes, most things come in one size (which is supposed to be Japanese M but it also depends on the cut of the individual piece). Baby makes a few items like blouses and some dresses in S, M, and L sizing. Specific measurements for each garment (garment size, not body size) should be listed on the product info page... make sure it will fit before you buy it.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!

Last edited by noctiluca : 11-26-2010 at 03:47 PM.
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Meiki

Lolita dresses do typically only come in one size, yes. However, if a dress has shirring it might range in size a little bit, and Baby offers some dresses in small-medium-large. All sizes on brand sites are listed in cm measurements, bust, waist, etc. I'd suggest running them through a translation service, like Babelfish or Google Translate, just to give you a better idea of where you should be looking for measurements.

There is only one size range that brand caters to, pretty much. However, you don't have to be a certain size to be a lolita, there are other options other than brand.
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

thanks everyone!! i'll check out the sites agian, and will maybe look for non brand too
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote