Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Closed Thread
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #91
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

@celticfreefall that picture made me giggle.
I guess I'm lucky, I've never encountered a "lolitist" and all questions I've asked have been answered nicely. I also try to research what I'm asking and ask in an intelligent manner. It isn't hard to do some research, especially if you want to. Market a product to a fashion.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower

Unread 11-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #92
Aleiki
Science Lawyer

I'm not sure how people are still arguing about this. The last few pages have been the same arguments over and over.

Summary: Most lolitas aren't bitches, you just happen to have met some nasty ones, lolitas are actually being very helpful and where have YOU been that you didn't notice, and so on.

And... @SecretSoliloquy, I'm sorry, I like to try to see both sides of the argument, but none of your arguments seem to make any sense. :/
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #93
burning112d

End the flame war with a hug I say.
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #94
SecretSoliloquy
can'tfindlinktodeletepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleiki View Post
And... @SecretSoliloquy, I'm sorry, I like to try to see both sides of the argument, but none of your arguments seem to make any sense. :/
I've only literally spelled them out during each post I made. :P
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #95
celticfreefall

Oh lol, you.

And that would be an excellent argument if I actually had anything to do with the OP content in this thread. Which I didn't. And far from being irate, I'm enjoying some America's Funniest Home Videos and playing fetch with my dog. If responding politely to your fallacious arguments and attempted ad hominem attacks is being irate, then color me purple and call me a cupcake. I realize that you're not going to change your mind about "us lolitas" no matter what kind of logic I throw at you, but, that's not really going to stop me from pointing out the fact that you're not making any sense.
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #96
sylf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita*neko View Post
When I post here and in every community I'm a part of online I am being genuine and nice. I don't really act any different online than I do in person. So what your telling me is that I'm not suited to help others because I'm a bit blunt and tell it like it is? I see it like this: Would you rather someone be honest about your outfit and give you straight to the point constructive crit in a respectful matter, or would you rather have someone so concerned with having a great reputation and being ultra sweet that when you ask a serious question they sugarcoat it so much you didn't actually learn anything? With the first choice it might sting a bit, but at least your walking away with better knowledge of the style. That's the way I learn things of this matter so that's the way I teach it.

If I felt it was annoying and beneath me to give advice, believe me I wouldn't. I wouldn't be spending time I could be sewing to built my own wardrobe and prepping for my artist alley tables to plan lolita panels or regularly check up on this forum. I'm sorry you may think that I'm condescending and being impatient or whatever because that's not what I'm trying to do.
Agh, no, I'm not calling you those things. I know I was talking to you, but I meant "you" in the general sense of the word - sorry if you felt targeted out or offended by it, I should have been clearer now that I read back. Yes, I agree with you - honest and constructive crit IS good, of course. Constructive being the key word. Sugarcoated places just make one feel like a babied 5yr old. I just feel that Axelai has a reasonable argument that, sometimes, when I see newbs chased off lolita comms because of fights breaking out in their first threads, the people posting there aren't so much helping them constructively as pointing out all their flaws and having a "you know nothing" attitude, which hardly equates to help. And that has nothing to do with expecting frilly girls to be sweet as far as I'm concerned, people should simply be polite when giving advice.

And yes, I think this argument is getting nowhere... but I just wanted to post to clarify.
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #97
SecretSoliloquy
can'tfindlinktodeletepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfreefall View Post
Oh lol, you.

And that would be an excellent argument if I actually had anything to do with the OP content in this thread. Which I didn't. And far from being irate, I'm enjoying some America's Funniest Home Videos and playing fetch with my dog. If responding politely to your fallacious arguments and attempted ad hominem attacks is being irate, then color me purple and call me a cupcake. I realize that you're not going to change your mind about "us lolitas" no matter what kind of logic I throw at you, but, that's not really going to stop me from pointing out the fact that you're not making any sense.
For you to come out of nowhere and answer a post I made in response to an argument you weren't originally involved in classifies as irate to me. It's true we're typing and not speaking, which makes differentiating moods based on tone impossible, but the words you chose and the punctuation you used led me to believe you were, at the very least, miffed.

Once again, you're replying to me generally, so I don't even know which 'argument' you're referring to.
And that you still see my opinion as an 'attack' and 'fallacious' is, again, interesting.
Unread 11-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #98
celticfreefall

An argument is just another term for presenting facts, and try looking up ad hominem attack (in reference to do with the "you are" bit). That's the name for a debate strategy, it's nothing to do with warfare or me thinking that you're tossing rocks. And many your arguments are fallacious. A lot of the points you're trying to make just simply aren't based in fact.

I frequent these forums from time to time, though I mostly stick around for newbies on LF.org currently since they tend to be worse off. I loled when I dropped in to read the first wanky part of this thread, and then commented when I saw you making some statements that weren't jiving hoping to give you a different point of view. In any case, being that you're not a lolita jumping into a lolita forum, I'd say that jumping in on a conversation shouldn't be that big of a logical upset.

I think you're getting into the assumption that everyone is trying to verbally jump you, which isn't the case. As a few of the other girls who know me well can say, this is just how I type. I'm a short and concise kind of person.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #99
SecretSoliloquy
can'tfindlinktodeletepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfreefall View Post
An argument is just another term for presenting facts, and try looking up ad hominem attack (in reference to do with the "you are" bit). That's the name for a debate strategy, it's nothing to do with warfare or me thinking that you're tossing rocks. And many your arguments are fallacious. A lot of the points you're trying to make just simply aren't based in fact.

I frequent these forums from time to time, though I mostly stick around for newbies on LF.org currently since they tend to be worse off. I loled when I dropped in to read the first wanky part of this thread, and then commented when I saw you making some statements that weren't jiving hoping to give you a different point of view. In any case, being that you're not a lolita jumping into a lolita forum, I'd say that jumping in on a conversation shouldn't be that big of a logical upset.

I think you're getting into the assumption that everyone is trying to verbally jump you, which isn't the case. As a few of the other girls who know me well can say, this is just how I type. I'm a short and concise kind of person.
I didn't ask you what 'ad hominem attack' means. I already know. And I am not debating anything with anyone. I am stating my personal opinions.

I don't think anyone is trying to 'verbally jump' me. I think several of you are being overly defensive when I haven't directly attacked any of you.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #100
Eleksin
Eleksin

Alrighty then. You said what you wanted to say right? This thread is done. No more posts here please.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #101
SecretSoliloquy
can'tfindlinktodeletepro

^If you're a mod, just close it.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #102
Eleksin
Eleksin

You would think if I was a mod that would have been done long ago, when the thread first got off topic.

I'm not a mod.
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #103
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Closed upon request.