Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 618 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #1846
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #1847
LeilaNami

Will NEVER buy from Cosworx again!

Name of Merchant: Cosworx
Item purchased: XL Punky wig in red x1
Timeline (how long your order took to process): before or after complaints? Essentially, I got the product nearly two weeks after the promised deadline.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pro: Cheap and good quality wigs

Cons: Do not care about their customers in the least. Unethical. Dishonest.

Comments: Would never return my calls or emails. On their website, they explicitly state that their cosplay wigs should be ordered two weeks before needed date. I did order mine 3+ weeks before I needed it. After two weeks with no sign of the wig, I started trying to contact them. I left multitudes of messages, called during business hours and no one would pick up the phone. I left multitudes of emails as well. Three days before I needed it (this is 3 weeks after I ordered this), I contacted PayPal and opened a dispute. I also reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I had to buy the same wig from another website for 108 dollars ($60 to overnight it so I would have it in time). I stated in the Paypal complaint that I wanted a refund and they could keep the item. Instead, they sent the item priority which still arrived late. They still won't answer the phone or their emails so now I have two identical wigs that cost me $160 when it should have only cost $50 from Cosworx had they actually done their job. TERRIBLE business and I will NEVER buy from them again. I now have this unpleasant experience so I have to really think twice before trusting these cosplay websites again. I would also like to add that AFTER the con, with the wig still in the packaging, I kept trying to contact them again and again, and they still won't answer me or the BBB. Paypal was gracious enough to refund half the cost of the purchase. So the thread by the admin stating that they've cleaned up their act is a complete lie. It's the same old same old.

Final Grade: F-

Last edited by LeilaNami : 11-30-2010 at 05:35 PM.
LeilaNami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #1848
LeilaNami

Name of Merchant: Best Wig Outlet
Item purchased (please include quantity): XL Punky wig in red x1
Timeline (how long your order took to process): two days!!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros: GREAT customer service and great wig quality

Cons: A little more on the expensive side for shipping but certainly worth it

Comments: After I told them what happened with Cosworx, they were very willing to go out of their way for me. We asked to them to visually confirm that they had the wig in stock. They did and did so while we were on hold so we didn't have to play phone tag. They also offered to ship overnight so I did get it on time (and I did). It was $60 shipping overnight but the wig itself was around the same price as what Cosworx was selling. They were very kind and I will definitely be buying from them again. This time though, I won't be overnighting anything You can't get much better than these guys!
Final Grade: A+
LeilaNami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #1849
angel wings
KIRAH! ^.~\m/✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTurkValentine View Post
Name of Commissioner: Kayla Porda
Website/C.com gallery: http://trekeagle1027.deviantart.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): FFX Lulu
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://damnwhiterabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ofbbk
Timeline (how long your order took to process): about a month
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I specifically told her I wanted the color to be gray because Lulu's dress is not black like a lot of people seem to forget. I also told her that I wanted the right amount of belts and NO pleather. Well what I got was a black dress, lacking in belts made from pleather....in other words she bought it on eBay. At first I was confused as to why it wasn't what I wanted, but I decided to confront her later about it because we were at a con. When I tried it on it was much to big for me (a tell-tale sign that it was ebay bought) I had to be safety pinned into it. We figured out that it was store bought because my friend commissioned an Auron costume from her. While walking around we say the same exact costume about 5 more times, down to the material. Later he finds a manufacturers tag on it. To even further the proof her ex-boyfriend told us he can prove that she store bought the costumes. Her claim "I bought the patterns off ebay and the fabric from Malaysia." Yeah....right...Her DA is fairly new because she closed her old account due to people calling her out on her store bought handy work.
Final Grade:F-
oh gawd... she scammed you too? i comissioned a serah farron cosplay from her and suddenly communication dies and when i fiinally get it in the mail two months later it was so freaking small that i sold it to someone and then her friend tells me that she worked with inches and not centimeters (she could have said something before making it instead of trying to convert the measurements)
Unread 12-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #1850
ExTurkValentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel wings View Post
oh gawd... she scammed you too? i comissioned a serah farron cosplay from her and suddenly communication dies and when i fiinally get it in the mail two months later it was so freaking small that i sold it to someone and then her friend tells me that she worked with inches and not centimeters (she could have said something before making it instead of trying to convert the measurements)

She must have ebayed your costume
ExTurkValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #1851
Ars Arcanum

Name of Commissioner: Hellocosplay.com
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.hellocosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Black Cloak (otherwise known as Organization XIII coat) and drawstring chain, Kingdom Hearts series
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Black Cloak for reference; I'll have my own coat up soon.
Timeline: I'd say from three to four weeks, October of this year. I'm sorry, I'm bad with dates. XD However, for the outfit made, I'd say this is a fair timeframe.
Describe your Experience: There were no problems whatsoever with the ordering of the coat, and it came within the month, as I had hoped (I'm a cheapskate and use cosplay costumes for Halloween). When I received the coat itself, it was folded and wrapped up quite nicely, with the attached chain in its own separate wrapping to keep them apart. Very nice work in that respect. It fit perfectly and even kept me warm through a long, cold night of candy-gathering, which was a plus, considering the thing is made of pleather.
The only thing that I'm not absolutely pleased with is the drawstring chain. I excuse the unusual beads and whatnot that go through the chain (metalworking would probably be required for having an exact duplicate), but the links themselves did come apart rather easily. However, they went back together just as well, and look fine otherwise, so it's not a very big concern.
Overall, great work. I'd be willing to buy from these guys again, and if the Kaito jacket is to be trusted, I likely will sometime in future.
Final Grade: A

Last edited by Ars Arcanum : 12-05-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Ars Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #1852
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Name of Commissioner: kennethchenwang
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/kennethchenw...X:eRTM:US:1181
Character commissioned and series/video game: America from Hetalia (uniform without the bomber jacket)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Just pictures from the photoshoot:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...154 382_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...5959 36_n.jpg
More photos when they're done uploading from the photoshoots! If i forget, look through my gallery at the America cosplay pictures c:
Timeline: I sent all my measurements on November 23rd, and it arrived on December 3rd!
Describe your Experience: OH MY GOD. I love this so much.

First of all: Background information. I saw the America cosplay on his eBay site, and i was reluctant, since i didn't need the jacket, and there were no reviews for him. I have him the benefit of the doubt and sent him an email. We ended up doing the transaction outside of eBay, where i sent him $91 for the entire outfit including shipping, just no bomber jacket. Good deal to me.

Oh my god, a week and a half? I love how fast this arrived!

The outfit is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The stitching is great, and it fits me like a glove. The pants are a little small at the top (they go up to my waist), which just made it hard to sit down. Which really wasn't a problem for me, since i unzipped it halfway, and the jacket was long enough to cover it up. If you order from him, i suggest you tell him your waist size a little bigger than it is.

I only had a few little problems with it, which i really can't complain about since its so nice anyways XD;; But i need to be honest.

1. The belt sucks. Its like, a strip of pleather with a silver pleather as a buckle. Reaaaally corny. But it does the job accurately, i guess XD I'll be getting a better belt. I knew it was going to suck cuz of the pictures, so i cant complain.

2. The material is a little too yellow for my tastes. Its supposed to be a tan color, but it had a hint of yellow in this. Not too worrisome, just a little bit of a downer.

3. I wore it the day after i got it for a Hetalia gathering. In the course of that, i lost two buttons :'| They were BEAUTIFUL buttons, having an eagle on them and such. And one fell off a pocket, the other fell off a shoulder ;-; I'm going to email him and ask him if i can buy a bunch of those buttons in case more fall off.

4. Instead of the jacket buttoning up the front like a normal jacket would, it instead clips. Which makes sense, since the art never shows buttons. But its still a little weird, and i keep fearing the clips are going to pop off. I got used to it, but it was still a little odd.

5. The pockets are arranged on the jacket that without the belt, it looks odd. I don't know how to explain it. I just can't use the jacket for anything unless i wear a belt with it. Not too much of a problem, but.. ehh, i'm picky.

Now for the REALLY good stuff!

1. Shipped and arrived in ten days. OMG.

2. The buttons!! SO COOL. They were silver with this symbol on them: http://www.uigolf.com/store/uploaded...agle_Crest.jpg Soooo nice of a touch for an America cosplay! I was so stoked!

3. Did i mention it fit AWESOME? The pants were a bit tight, but thats probably my fault. I think i gained weight.

4. The material was actually pretty nice. The dress shirt could double as a normal dress shirt on another day o.o

5. Every pocket was real <3

I love this costume so much <3

Final Grade: B+

Lose points for the buttons falling off, coloring oddness, and the fail belt, but gaining points for those awesome buttons.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #1853
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Name of Merchant: Cosplay.com Shopping
Item purchased: TECHNICALLY nothing yet (you'll see why in a second), but attempting to buy the Zephyr Soft Random Black in the Clearance section.
Links to picture(s) of your received item: None.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Attempted to buy it yesterday afternoon, immediately put a help ticket in, still waiting for a response.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. So.

This is more of a review-in-action, I suppose you could say. Yesterday afternoon I decided against my best judgment to go for one of the clearance Japanese wigs since I had a $20 gift certificate for the shop, the wig was only $30, and it was what I was looking for for a cosplay I wanted to do. So I went ahead, put it in my cart, added my gift certificate code successfully, checked out, yaddayadda. Payment is through Paypal as always, so off to the Paypal site I went!

...This is where things get painful. Taken straight from my Help Desk ticket:
"When attempting to pay for my order, when it sends me to Paypal, the payment amount is blanked to zero- in other words, it doesn't transfer the cost I need to pay when it transfers the page over to Paypal, and in theory, I could send .01 for a wig.
Considering the item I'd like to buy is on clearance and supposedly one piece remains in stock, it would be nice for this to be fixed ASAP so it doesn't get bought out from under me.
Screenshots of what I mean: http://i55.tinypic.com/29yppxs.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/2z3z7ue.png "

(For those wondering, the actual total should have been $14.35.)

Well, whaddaya know! When I zipped outta the Paypal page, guess what happened? The store's system still thinks I actually bought the wig, so it's now listed as OUT OF STOCK, since there was only one left to begin with; in addition to this, my Gift Certificate balance? Zero. Yup, that's right, I didn't actually pay any money but somehow that wig was still "bought", according to the system.

I immediately filed a Help Desk ticket (timestamp 2:30 PM) with all of this information, and have as of yet not received a single response. It has been over a day. I am not calling them because I have more important things to do (like finals, once I finish typing this!) and the customer should not have to go on a run around to inform the seller that THEIR system is broken. And why should I bother, when I haven't actually lost any money, yet? All in all it's the frustration of not getting the wig, yes, but there's plenty like it on ebay for about the same price. Cosworx used to be amazing, but in these past few years has shown again and again that they are never gonna clean their act up, from the CS nightmares everyone's had since the shop changed over to the complete and utter informational blackout regarding the death of the Japanese wig lines. I won't say I'll never buy from them again, but I certainly won't if I can help it anymore.

EDIT (12/8): So apparently I'm told the outages on Paypal may have been caused by an outside source... which is great! I'd love to inform the shop! ...Except that cosplay.com still hasn't replied to my Help Desk ticket yet. What a surprise. Who even knows where the heck this wig I tried to buy is by now...

Final Grade: C at the moment, only because I haven't actually lost any money on this yet- however I did just get cheated out of a $20 gift certificate; I'll update if this ever gets sorted out (I have my doubts; but it truly seems the only way to get anything done around here is to air your dirty laundry with them, unfortunately. Look how many negative reviews they have on their own site! You'd think they'd take the hint.)

Mostly I'm just bemusedly, morbidly curious when they're gonna notice that someone "bought" a wig and never actually got to pay for it- haven't they noticed that wig now shows 'out of stock'??? And I'm kind of curious if Paypal only did this to me, or if this has happened to anyone else recently...
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA

Last edited by Kitsoru : 12-08-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #1854
GothicLolita<3

Name of Merchant: ifunplay
Item purchased: Miku Hatsune wig
Links to picture: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2793721/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2793722/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2793723/
Timeline: It was so quick! It was a full week before the minimum predicted arrival date
Describe your Experience: I was a little dubious when I saw the feedback, but on closer inspection I saw there were only four negatives from about six months ago. Still, I decided to go ahead and buy it. Nothing went wrong in shipping and it was securely packaged in a cardboard box. The base wig and twin tails weren't tangled and were in plastic bags so they didn't get tangled with each other. The clips are pretty sturdy, my only complaint was the base wig was a bit thin, the twin tails however were very thick and the fibre is so soft and awesome quality
Final Grade: A+ Definitely ordering from them again
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #1855
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #1856
ShyShy
The sky is not the limit.

Name of Commissioner: csddlink (also known as Jeniffer Cosplay)
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/csddlink
Character commissioned and series/video game: Noctis costume from Final Fantasy VIII: Versus
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: [will update later]
Timeline: Ordered around October 26th, Shipped by Nov. 3, Received Nov. 18

After I got the costume, I was so impressed with the quality! It looked just like the pictures. Sad thing was, the jacket was a little big and the pants were a little long on me (but the pants was my fault). I email her about this problem and after a few emails, she said she would ship another costume to me. I got the costume about 2 weeks later and I'm very happy with it C:

Pros: -Very nice seller
-fast communication
-great quality

Cons: The gloves are a little short, but it doesn't bother me that much.

ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #1857
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Name of Commissioner: Fantasy Sheep
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/FANTASY-SHEEP-COSWIG-LAND
Character commissioned and series/video game: America from Hetalia wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/v...ie/America.png
Timeline: Ordered on November 25th, arrived December 4th.

So after hearing some good reviews on Fantasy Sheep, i decided to order a wig from them. Their America wig looked really nice. It wasn't on the site's shop, so i emailed them and they put a listing up.

When the wig arrived, i was impressed. It fit my head rather nicely. The little hair sticking up was originally straight in the photos (which bothered me, as its supposed to curl) but was curled when i got it. I was super stoked! Now i don't have to fix it

PROS:
-The wig fits my head nicely and looks great!
-It arrived super fast!
-They fixed the hair curl to be curly rather than straight like it was in the pictures. I didn't even ask c: Saves me work.

CONS:
-The fibers are a little more coarse than i'm used to... the edges of the hairs have a slight prickly feeling to them that makes it feel like i'll get a static shock from them XD;;
-The bangs flip out more than they did in the photos, which just means i'll have to tame it a bit. Not too big of a deal.
-Its shedding a tiny bit, which scares me since its such a short wig o__<;;

Final Grade: A- (because the fibers are more coarse than they should be)

EDIT: Yeah, the fibers are pretty... coarse. Like, right now i'm wearing the wig and petting the back of it. It feels like one of those fuzzy caterpillars that have that prickley, fuzzy fur... Not that this makes it any worse VISUALLY, but it just feels odd to me

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 12-20-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #1858
Lady Valentine
MmmMMm dRaWp?!

Name of Commissioner: Emily Putscher
Website/C.com gallery: http://majesticlunacy.deviantart.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Sheva Alomar (Fairy Tale outfit) from Resident Evil 5.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/343194/
Timeline: Sept. 17 - Dec. 13 (First communication to costume arrival)

Emily obviously has a lot of experience with costume making. I love her attention to detail and she even sends you progress pictures. Everything fits perfectly. I want to wear this costume everywhere I go

PROS:
-Extreme attention to detail
-High quality material
-Beautiful color and embroidery/lace choices
-Costume fits perfectly
-Great communicator
-Fast delivery

CONS:
-Slight tear along zipper in skirt but easily repairable.
-Pin broke off clasp for hood but also easily repairable.
-Nothing really

Final Grade: A+
Lady Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:45 AM   #1859
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Zephyr
Website: http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/zephyr1/ *Japan and international (cosplay.com shopping handles zephyr wigs as well)
Items ordered: Non heat-resistant Short Waffle in dark brown, 2 Cosmode magazines, a pair of school shoes with yellow trim.
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: wig

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through Zephyr's Rakuten storefront. I requested a set shipping date and time a week after my order and there were no hitches. Shipping was within Japan.

All of my requested items arrived together, well-packed and undamaged. The Cosmode magazines were individually wrapped and unbent. The shoes came packed in their own box and the wig was secured in a plastic bag and wrapped with a hairnet. A black wig cap was also included at no extra charge.

Zephyr included a free gift of jewelled cellphone decals.

Pros: Unlike with lighter colors, the wig cap doesn't look sparse or bare. For this particular character, The Mad Hatter from "are you alice?", the color, cut and style are pretty much spot-on.

The flat 3,000 yen for all standard zephyr wigs is quite reasonable.

The shoes are a bit small, but I knew what I was getting into. They're meant for elementary schoolers and only go up to 24cm. I wear a 25.5. They still cram onto my feet and will work for photo shoots :P

Cons: This particular character called for a ratty, wavy style and this wig delivers... but I can't for the life of me imagine wanting this wig for a different character. It's kind of... rough-looking ^^;;; Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it exists!!! But at the same time, I have to wonder what Zephyr's thinking :P

The wig is fairly thinly wefted and won't hold up to heavy styling.

Final Comments: Zephyr is great for wigs that will be worn under hats, used for layered wigs, starter wigs, budget wigs and for a wide variety of wig parts in rarer colors. I think darker colors lend themselves better to hiding the sparse sections on the top of the wig cap, so I'll add that you can probably get away with darker-toned wigs even without hats or manipulation. Zephyr's wide selection of weirder wigs certainly saved me this time and I'll definately go to them in the future for things I suspect no one else would ever sell.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #1860
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

Quality commissions by XxEveillex

websites:
http://www.cosplay.com/member/96238/
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../33908/cat/500
http://eternalrhapsodyx.deviantart.com/

Fai D Flowright art book version of outter robe

Links:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2794558/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2794557/

It took roughly 2 months

Describe your Experience -
She was very easy to get in touch with and replied quickly once I asked her to do the commission. I had wanted a large robe, gave her my measurements and told her want I had wanted, she let me know the cost up front, so it was nice to be able to pay her through paypal. Within nearly 3 weeks I was sent progress pictures. It was simply stunning. I just recieved the robe the other day and I was absolutely floored! It is stunning and simply perfect! Its lined with a satiny material and the detail on the outer layer is wonderful! I would highly recommend her to any of my friends! Will be going to her again for sure!

Final Grade:
A+

Last edited by Lostdreamz : 12-14-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote