Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #1261
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

There's a thread in this forum showing how the kesa is wrapped. I have the images here. It makes a lot of sense.
howto1.jpg
howto2.jpg
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #1262
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Ouch, evil zipper! D:
But it's fine now?

Hahah, I bet it'll turn out awesome! :'D
Yay Hiraikotsu~

Haha, no I gave up for the night after three failures. I think I was too tired when I was working on it. I might post a few sneak previews later. In a few days, that is.
MeuwCon 03: Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
UppCon 10: Kagome (Inuyasha)
Brainshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #1263
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
I'm looking at making a Miroku and Sango pair, so I went back and watched episode 24. It looks like the pants are already on the ground and she drops the shirt, because you can see the collar, so it must be a shirt, with high-waisted fitted pants. This is going to make my Sango's life much easier, lol.

A question I have is, Miroku seems to wear some sort of leggings under his robe, would wearing black leggings be enough, you think?

We were thinking that, for the armor plates on Sango's front and back, that we would just attach them with snaps to keep them in place, that tie the sash to keep them snug, then they would be easy to take on and off but still be secure.
For the leggings of Miroku, they are teal blue, and I stress this because of the episode of his appearance! Watch the part where he fights Inuyasha! He does this back flip thing and you can see up his robes. (Don't ask how I know this, I had to pause it suddenly and it paused right there. I cracked up. And I will post that screen shot. xD)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #1264
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
There's a thread in this forum showing how the kesa is wrapped. I have the images here. It makes a lot of sense.
Attachment 34962
Attachment 34963
YES This works very well! Heads up though. When I did it, I had to get 90" wide muslin, about 2 yards long. Dyed it purple (And to get the right color, it was hell >.<) Also, I had difficulty tying the bow, so I took a strip of cloth, folded it neatly, and tied it around the middle and around the strap that comes over the shoulder. It worked well :3

Sorry, I'm pretty hard core about Miroku, I got kinda sick of seeing him done wrong, or lazy looking! :3 <3 <3 <3

And one more note on the leggings. >.> you could do shin guards instead, like they claim they are, but why not just make or buy teal stretch pants? I guess since I'm a girl, it worked for me, but I like having things under my robes XD

And now my picture: Screenshot.png <-- >< Bad quality, but they look like leggings :3 Ultimately, it's up to the cosplayer :3

Unread 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #1265
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
YES This works very well! Heads up though. When I did it, I had to get 90" wide muslin, about 2 yards long. Dyed it purple (And to get the right color, it was hell >.<) Also, I had difficulty tying the bow, so I took a strip of cloth, folded it neatly, and tied it around the middle and around the strap that comes over the shoulder. It worked well :3

Sorry, I'm pretty hard core about Miroku, I got kinda sick of seeing him done wrong, or lazy looking! :3 <3 <3 <3

And one more note on the leggings. >.> you could do shin guards instead, like they claim they are, but why not just make or buy teal stretch pants? I guess since I'm a girl, it worked for me, but I like having things under my robes XD

And now my picture: Attachment 34965 <-- >< Bad quality, but they look like leggings :3 Ultimately, it's up to the cosplayer :3
That wrapping thing never worked for me, it looked too sloppy, and I tried it several times. It probably is the most accurate way to tie it all into one piece, but it never looked good when I did it. Also, I somehow find it hard to believe that his kesa is cut that way... I think I will go for the looks instead of the functions of the kesa when I make mine.

Heh, when it comes to whatever he wears under the robes; don't you think he wears shin guards instead of leggings? I don't think leggings were invented back then. XD
MeuwCon 03: Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
UppCon 10: Kagome (Inuyasha)
Brainshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #1266
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I entirely understand being a stickler about Miroku. I love his character and I'm tired of seeing him done poorly and sloppily, which is one of the main reasons I want to cosplay him. Also, my cosplay partner has agreed to be Sango, and we've been friends for years and years so she has no problem with me grabbing her butt and I have no problem with her hitting me.

If I do the leg guards or leggings I'll try to find the right color. I kind of get a kick out of how, even though he's supposed to be a "humble monk", Miroku wears such expensive colours. Purple was really hard to make, and I don't think that teal green was very easy either.

I'm probably going to find a fabric with a nice woven texture for the kesa, because in my art book he always has a tweed-ish woven screentone over his kesa, then I'll dye it. I'm also going to look for a similar fabric for Sango's green skirt, then dye that as well. It should give it a nice difference in texture that way and maybe make it a bit more interesting to look at.

I've just painted beads to use on Sango's slayer outfit, and now I think I'm going to see if I can make Miroku's ring out of sculpy. I'm not sure if it will be strong enough.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #1267
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

^_^ Ah, I had no problem (Except when I got the wrong fabric width <3)

The only reason I say go with leggings anyway, is because they can serve a multiple function. >< Personally I don't like to feel too breezy, and most cons I go too are either cold, or incredibly hot. Leggings prevent chafing and keep the cold at bay. (My poor Sango and our Kagome froze) But like I said, it's up to the cosplayer! :3 As long as the same affect is obtained, and the cosplayer has fun, nothing else could possibly matter! ^___^

@tunesonatuesday: Same with my Sango. I've known her for years. It's almost weird how we act like them without thinking about it. This was before I really got into the series. It came natural to us, hence the attraction to cosplay them.

And I'm so glad you are looking into different materials to do their costumes in. I stuck with muslin and broadcloth. But I've seen Koromo's made out of Halloween robes... >.< I've only met ONE Miroku I really liked. (We even had the same earrings... O_o)

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #1268
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I just made the ring out of Sculpey III. I turned out pretty well, though it's a bit big. It should fit well over the fabric around the finger though, since there's a bit of extra space.ring1.jpg
ring2.jpg

I haven't painted it yet, because I need to get some gold spraypaint. Then I'm going to put some light brown into all the crevices to rough it up a little bit.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #1269
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Just dropping by to ask what would be a good white fabric to use for Sesshomaru?
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #1270
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Yoko Tori: My fabric store has this fabric called papillon cotton, and it makes a lovely kimono, with crisp lines and it irons well. I used it for my Kotoko kimono, in white and red and it was lovely.

Also, I found this and got super excited!
http://righteousred.deviantart.com/a...oiler-83536680

I'm already cooking up plans for a slayer Miroku.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #1271
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Thanks! I've been making plans to cosplay Sesshomaru for months. I already have a wig and I plan on ordering pointed ears this week. I just wasn't sure what kind of fabric to use. I'll try looking for that at my fabric store.

That looks awesome. Can't wait to see your progress.
Palutena - Kid Iicarus

Last edited by Radiant Nightmare : 01-02-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #1272
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

I'm so happy too see that InuYasha cosplayers are somewhat active again, wohoo!
Can't wait to see the work of you all! (love for Sesshomaru-sama! <3)

Now if I would just get around to work on my Nobunaga cosplay, c'mon...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #1273
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Haha, I love Nobunaga. When he pulls out the bra and he's like "This isn't food!" I crack up every time.
And when Kagome asks for his autograph and finds out he isn't Nobunaga Oda. Lawl.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #1274
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Haha, I love Nobunaga. When he pulls out the bra and he's like "This isn't food!" I crack up every time.
And when Kagome asks for his autograph and finds out he isn't Nobunaga Oda. Lawl.
Hahah, awesome! XD
So cool to hear some people actually remember him. >w<

I'm sewing the squares on his hakama right now btw... but... OH JESUS GOD MY SEWING MACHINE IS ANNOYING THE HELL OUT OF ME RIGHT NOW!! x_x
It's being really really mean and won't do anything like I want right now, I'm so pissed so I'm taking a break at the moment... *deep breaths*
C'mon, c'mon, chill down... chill down... it's not that bad... 1, 2, 3...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kemin mangapäivä (11 October 2014)
SAT Taregard Frir - Original Character
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #1275
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

lol That's how I feel when my sewing machine jams up.

Anyway, my search for fabric still continues. I called the fabric store (nobody felt like driving an hour to go there) to see if they had any papillon cotton. Turns out they don't, so now I have to do some searching online. Does anybody know of any sites that might sell it or any other fabric I could use? A friend sent me this link, but I'm not too sure.
http://www.trimfabric.com/3f-601-.html
Palutena - Kid Iicarus