Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #46
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Hash browns with peppers and onions. Hot chocolate. Egg white omelet with spinach and Swiss cheese. Wheat toast with butter. Crepes with preserves. A glass of cranberry juice. Yogurt with honey, granola, and fresh berries. Bacon and maple syrup. A cup of tea. Lucky Charms.

I'm incredibly hungry.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #47
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Hash browns with peppers and onions. Hot chocolate. Egg white omelet with spinach and Swiss cheese. Wheat toast with butter. Crepes with preserves. A glass of cranberry juice. Yogurt with honey, granola, and fresh berries. Bacon and maple syrup. A cup of tea. Lucky Charms.

I'm incredibly hungry.
Mein gott, 2 toasts and a glass of orange juice is enough to fill me up on mornings (I can't eat a full meal that early).

That's... more than a full meal.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #48
SweetOcarina
will switch on you~

Last night's curry <3
SweetOcarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #49
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Coffee...layers and layers of coffee.
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #50
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Mein gott, 2 toasts and a glass of orange juice is enough to fill me up on mornings (I can't eat a full meal that early).

That's... more than a full meal.
I'd never eat that all in one sitting. I'd just make a bowl of oatmeal and think about what might have been.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #51
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Take a piece of bread. Remove the center of the bread, about an inch and a half in diameter, and slap it in a pan. Put an egg in the middle of the bread, then toast the bread evenly on both sides and cook the egg thoroughly. Enjoy it with jam, ketchup, or whatevs. Fuckin' scrumdiddlyumptious
Ah, that's egg in the hole to me. XD Agreed, one of my favourites. My bf always has me cook it when we're staying over at my or his house. (Seems to be a decent arrangement; I'll cook breakfast, he cooks dinner. And he is a GOOD cook.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #52
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Migas. That shit is amazing.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 05:45 AM   #53
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Today will either be cereal or a piece of toast with cream cheese and cinnamon. Depends. Since leftover burrito does not sit well with me in the morning.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #54
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Pancakes with a heavy side of bacon. And scrambled eggs, that's the only way I like my eggs, haha.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #55
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Migas. That shit is amazing.
Man, I read about migas a while ago in a cookbook and have been DYING to try it. There's not really a presence here in the northeast.

I did occasionally make a breakfast dish with fried egg, chorizo, black beans, fried tortilla strips, hot sauce, and cotija cheese which was pretty outrageous, but a single human heart can only take so much abuse.

Also, I will eat any of the breakfast dishes at the Flying Biscuit, but it requires flying to Atlanta, and I only get to do that about once a year.
Unread 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #56
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Man, I read about migas a while ago in a cookbook and have been DYING to try it. There's not really a presence here in the northeast.

I did occasionally make a breakfast dish with fried egg, chorizo, black beans, fried tortilla strips, hot sauce, and cotija cheese which was pretty outrageous, but a single human heart can only take so much abuse.

Also, I will eat any of the breakfast dishes at the Flying Biscuit, but it requires flying to Atlanta, and I only get to do that about once a year.
I think you'd like Austin. Tex-Mex as far as the eye can see. And Deep South cuisine (conveniently made vegetarian or vegan, if you so choose.)
I'll find you a recipe for Migas, if you'd like. No one should miss out.

But today I just had scrambled eggs, toast, and tea. Could it get more bland than that?

EDIT: Omg. The Orange-Scented French Toast at The Flying Biscuit sounds AMAZING.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars

Last edited by Flora88 : 01-11-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #57
lollydove

I usually don't need food in the morning, I can easily go without... some mornings though it makes me a little dizzy and nauseous till I get proper food.
It's mostly because all the stuff in our house is stuff I don't like, so usually I have nothing or a Milo/hot cross bun/some sort of fruit.
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #58
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
I think you'd like Austin. Tex-Mex as far as the eye can see. And Deep South cuisine (conveniently made vegetarian or vegan, if you so choose.)
I'll find you a recipe for Migas, if you'd like. No one should miss out.

But today I just had scrambled eggs, toast, and tea. Could it get more bland than that?

EDIT: Omg. The Orange-Scented French Toast at The Flying Biscuit sounds AMAZING.
Thank you! Like I said, I've seen recipes, but I'm not sure how authentic they are and, as a result, how good they actually taste. You know, like how a Taco Bell taco is not actually a taco.

I think I'd probably like Austin, too. Incidentally, I also had toast, tea and scrambled egg (whites) for breakfast. It's boring, but filling, easy to make, and moderately healthy.

All this food talk is making me think I should start a cooking thread. SO I WILL. SELF-DETERMINATION.
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #59
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I almost never eat breakfast unless I am going to work very early. Even then I hardly eat at all. Eating in the morning makes me feel really sick to my stomach and vomit-y D:
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #60
Ichigo Knight

Quote:
Migas
?_?
Sounds like Midas...

This morning I had some Swiss muesli. It was pretty spiffing. And cranberry juice. The juice of the gods.
Ichigo Knight is offline   Reply With Quote