Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I keep trying to add photos to my costume galleries but they never show up the page. I also have 16 "uncategorized" but they're meant to be in my costume galleries. How do I move them?

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

photo galleries

Shana05 = Your photos are "uncategorized" since you have not yet made your own albums (i.e. sub-galleries) yet. If you want, you can create your individual galleries here = http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.p...=albums&do=add
(But you do already have your costume pages made, so you're good there.)

In order to put your already uploaded photos into an album &/or associate them to a costume page &/or event, just click on the "Edit Photo" option under your photo's caption on each photo page, and select from your drop-down choices. Any album gallery, costume or event that you have previously set up will be selectable for every future photo.
Unread 01-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #18
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Ok, I get it about the uncategorized photos but still the new photos I keep uploading never show up on the page.

Edit: Nevermind, it was just that my photos were too large. I resized them and everything worked.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)

Last edited by Shana05 : 01-03-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
Axelai
I'm Awesome

4,294,967,295 photos for my fem!America... man, i have a lot of photoshoots if that were true XD And it'd be really inconvenient for this site's bandwidth.

Not sure if this helps knowledge of the bug itself for possibility of fixing it in the future: My only costume with the crazy high number is my most recent costume, as well as the one with the most pictures in it. The rest of my costumes are just fine.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #20
Libby_Bear:D

Um, I'm just made an account and I uploaded my profile picture and it was 200x200, it uploaded but when I click on my profile there's still a giant question mark for my picture, I don't know what to do, can someone help me?

Nevermind! even though I kept clicking to my profile it didn't show up 'till I refreshed the page for some reason.

Last edited by Libby_Bear:D : 01-05-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Unread 01-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
meevist
Satirical Hipster

I just changed my profile picture, and it won't show up as my new one on my profile. It shows up as the new picture when I search for my account and when I go to the page to upload a profile picture, but it's still the old picture when I'm on my profile. Does it just take a while to change?
Unread 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Profile pictures will keep referencing the old photo file in your cache if you recently looked at your profile before changing the image. (For everyone else, though, the new photo will be displayed.) To clear your cache and see the new pic yourself, hold down the shift key when you press reload.
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:25 AM   #23
meevist
Satirical Hipster

Oh wow it worked! Thank you very much!
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
TreesOnToast

I keep trying to upload but it keeps saying 'please upload a jpeg' - I'M SELECTING JPEGS! DX and I've resized them :'(
TreesOnToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

Alright, I'm having the error picture thing. The one where it doesn't show the picture and it says it was posted in 1969... And it's doing this for every picture I upload now, even when I'm trying to do it one-by-one.
Anything I need to change so it stops? The problem is in my uncatagorized album.
Clyde_2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #26
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

TreesOnToast = If you think you have your image files all ready to go, attach them to this thread so we can look at the issue.

Clyde_2.0 - I'll go clear your blank ones for you right now.
Usually the best way to avoid this occurrence is to avoid bulk loading...but if that isn't working, I'm actually not sure. Would you mind attaching one of your full files to this thread as well so we can look at the file info &/or exif data?
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
Clyde_2.0
Wakka Wakka Wakka...

Thank you! Here's one that did not want to upload:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WI2.JPG (194.2 KB, 0 views)
Clyde_2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #28
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

I'm thinking that the site resizer *thought* it could handle your photo, and then failed half-way through.

For the original file, your image dimensions are 1672 x 1255, but the resolution is 314 dots-per-inch (which is for printing.) ...So even if the visual image is manually resized to be 900 x 676, we might also try changing the 314 resolution to 72 dpi (which is the max when viewing on a screen.)

Not sure if you did that yourself the first time, but that's what I just did for your attachment here, so feel free to give it a shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (176.4 KB, 0 views)
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #29
TomiLovely
Uke

Profile Icon issue (the sticky didn't really help...)

I uploaded a profile icon, it fits the size constraints but isn't showing on my profile, but shows on the profile icon upload page.

Er... help? >_<"

IN PROGRESS:
Schrodinger - Hellsing - 0%
TomiLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #30
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

TomiLovely = I see an image on your profile from here. (When you are on your profile page, try holding down the shift key while pressing reload.)