Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Closed Thread
Unread 01-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #1
ProudAsianKid24
Banned

I will Cosplay in May

Just a head up info since many of you asking for my Cosplay picture.

Unread 01-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
SourCherryTwist
Wannaflywindy

Oh My God Your Back! Woooooooooo! PARTAY TIME!

AC Tifa, Fairy rikku, Thief Rikku, Lenne
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
ProudAsianKid24
Banned

Hey it is that attention whore who keep saying bullcrap "we westerners Cosplay for fun" while keep telling peoples to "look for me", seriously disgusting.
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudAsianKid24 View Post
Hey it is that attention whore
/end irony

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
ProudAsianKid24
Banned

Hey it is that jealous western girl who are so jealous of Asian girls by keep saying bullcrap "Asian girls have no boobs, no ass, look ugly without make up, ect" while she badly wish and trying to be Asian girl herself, for example by love to Cosplay Anime/Asian girls rather than her shitty cartoon/western girls including trying to be one of AKB48 members which all of them are our moe Asian girls.

Anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonswithhats in youtube
I agree with a lot of the things you say. It annoys me when Westerners try to act Asian. I have a friend who always says she wishes she was Japanese and speaks poor Japanese at random times. I think people should have pride in their heritage! I'm glad that you do. I'm a westerner and I like anime and parts of Japanese culture. But I never wish to be Asian. I am what I was born and I'm happy with that.
Seems more of your own fellow westerners have seen the truth.

Last edited by ProudAsianKid24 : 01-14-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #6
kiratsukai
culture shocked

BGM note: for full effect, open this song in another window before continuing.

Quote:
Hey it is that jealous western girl who are so jealous of Asian girls by keep saying bullcrap "Asian girls have no boobs, no ass, look ugly without make up, ect" while she badly wish and trying to be Asian girl herself, for example by love to Cosplay Anime/Asian girls rather than her shitty cartoon/western girls including trying to be one of AKB48 members which all of them are our moe Asian girls.

Do you even know who I am? :P

Because I assure you, I've never said any of those things about Asian cosplayers, nor have I ever wished to be Asian. I am who I am and I work with it. I cosplay for my pleasure, not to get internet nurds' rocks off by prancing in front of them while living up to their personal fetishes.

I don't even cosplay that many girls... I've done... two... ever... and neither of those characters were explicitly asian (one is European and the other is from a fantasy-race that doesn't exist) >.>

I actually cosplay in Asia and enjoy a decent amount of small-scale local fame for it. I am constantly complimented for the western features you malign (small face, long nose, pale skin, deep-set eyes), and have been in cosmode magazine (in the regular section, in an issue published after you claim they stopped featuring US cosplayers because the Japanese supposedly can't stand them). I attended Tokyo Game Show as a paid guest (paid by, oddly enough... those Japanese who apparently hate me). I speak Japanese fluently, am a level 9 cosplayer on cosplayer's archive, and have been interviewed on Xbox live, NHK and cosplayers' tv. I'm a regular of a webcast nightclub event in Osaka. I've been on Sankaku Complex's sexiest cosplayer list twice and have gotten nothing but vague-praise from the trolls over on 2chan's cosplay board. I have been invited to sell doujinshi as an "uriko" at events for a Japanese doujinshi circle and the same circle invites us to their bbqs and nights out. I'm currently a member of two different international cosplay circles/groups, both based in Japan.

I am always in awe that I'm "good enough" to do these things... that so many strangers would want my photo, my attendance at an event or my friendship on account of how I look in a silly costume. I don't think I'm a particularly beautiful girl or a particularly charming person... I'm just a western cosplayer. Around here, that gets you noticed.

Jealous of asian women? Oh hell yes. I envy my friends their long, straight hair, their youthful features, and the same button noses they talk about disliking. I am in a constant war-of-compliments with my Asian friends, but all end with the assertion that we both find things to admire in the other and are at peace with the shit we can't change.

Many of the characters I choose are WESTERN (Ciel, Flandre, Howl, Marisa). Some characters I deliberately avoid out of fear for being totally outshone by the asian cosplayers who handle them so deftly (Aya, Reimu). That isn't a racial obligation. It is a personal decision. Those particular characters wouldn't work for me nearly as well as they work for Japanese cosplayers. I've had the same observations made in reverse about my Ciel. One hyperventilating junior high school student once insisted that I was "real Ciel" while asking for a handshake and a hug before having her father take a photo of her, shaking like a leaf, with my arms around her. Race can work for you as often as it works against you around here.

I love Asian cosplayers. 95% of my friends and all of my guides in the cosplay world are Japanese cosplayers.
I love the US. I was born there.
But I've lived in Japan for the last 6 years.
I graduated from a Japanese university.
I began cosplaying here at the encouragement of Japanese friends.
I have never cosplayed anywhere else.
I have never once been made to felt unwelcome or discussed rudely.
I am very much a "western cosplayer".
But I am also a "Japanese cosplayer".
This is my home every bit as much as the United States. More crucially: this is my cosplay community. It's the only one I have ever known.

You sir, need to do your homework :P And you need to actually TALK to Japanese cosplayers ~ or in the very least, learn the damnned language, before you purport to speak for them all.

Because all my Japanese cosplaying friends would think you're a right asshole: all 100+ of them.

If you need to confirm that, I'll gladly refer you to several by name... then you can go make it just as obvious to the Japanese cosplay community that you're a xenophobic killjoy attention whore as you have to the Western cosplay community.

I am your worst nightmare made flesh.
I can call you on your bullshit and back it up in two languages.

Have yourself a wonderful day ^^/
ゆっくりしていってね

Last edited by kiratsukai : 01-14-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Unread 01-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

That last post, kiratsukai, that was pwnage in its purest form. I always knew you lived in Japan, but that's really cool you did all that stuff! I think your cosplays are totally BEAST by the way.

As I've said before, this thread will probably be closed in a short amount of time. Time that will be filled with oranges.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #8
nannyogg
:)

orange ORANGE orange ORANGE orange ORANGE orange ORANGE orange ORANGE

There are no oranges in my house this morning so I ate Cap'n Crunch cereal for breakfast.
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
ProudAsianKid24
Banned

That wannabe Asian girl resiously mad now, mwahahaha
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
Shifty Llama
llama

Hey meg hows that aquaman cosplay coming along?
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #11
ProudAsianKid24
Banned

I will use My Lecon song on my next video and remember they are Asians.
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
Yukikittie

We need more lemon pledge.

Unread 01-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
Shifty Llama
llama

My question goes on unanswered how goes the costume as an asian you claim to be better at cosplay and therfore should be able to cosplay a white person better than white people so again meg how is the aquaman costume coming along
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
That wannabe Asian girl resiously mad now, mwahahaha
(炎_炎)メラメラ

When I get my penis, you're the first person I'm whacking in the face with it.

srsly. 凸( ̄皿 ̄)凸メ`д´)ウルサイわ*

Unread 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
Shifty Llama
llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
(炎_炎)メラメラ

When I get my penis, you're the first person I'm whacking in the face with it.

srsly. 凸( ̄皿 ̄)凸メ`д´)ウルサイわ*
You are seriously my favourite person for this!
Closed Thread