Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 111 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-14-2011, 01:05 AM   #1426
hedgehog92
Is Trouble With Tribbles

Glee~

I'm back to upgrading my Pyramid Head Costume!

I've been worried about my sword quite honestly. It's amazing and long, but also fragile. Not really the best to be hauling around conventions full of people when you can't see a thing and are on 6 inch high boots. So I'm making a spear for PH, so while not as amazingly badass, I can still be ''armed''.

I'm also planning on making a Mannequin body using a method I learned from my younger sister. ^^ YAY shorter college buddies I can use as dummies!

WOO MOMOCON GET HERE NOW.

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Om Nom Nom' at will to old ladies.

Momocon 2014 Plans:
unknown
unknown

Unknown

AWA 2013 plans:
Female Hannibal Chau-Pacific Rim
Lexaeus- Kingdom Hearts
Susan Strong-Adventure Time
hedgehog92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #1427
Ultimaweapon328
O_O

Hello, i'm making a Harry Mason costume, and i was wondering where i could get/ how i could make a rusted steel pipe for my costume. Should i just take a steel pipe from somewhere and let it sit outside for a few days/weeks? It would mean a lot to me if someone helped me ^_^.
Unread 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1428
hedgehog92
Is Trouble With Tribbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaweapon328 View Post
Hello, i'm making a Harry Mason costume, and i was wondering where i could get/ how i could make a rusted steel pipe for my costume. Should i just take a steel pipe from somewhere and let it sit outside for a few days/weeks? It would mean a lot to me if someone helped me ^_^.
I wouldn't recommend that method. Rust is gross and a real metal pipe is dangerous, plus it takes years to rust something. No, it's so much easier to get a piece of PVC pipe and add an elbow section to it, then get some silver spray paint as the base, starting off with that. After it is as simple as using blends of red and brown acrylic paint until it looks how you wish it to be.

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Om Nom Nom' at will to old ladies.

Momocon 2014 Plans:
unknown
unknown

Unknown

AWA 2013 plans:
Female Hannibal Chau-Pacific Rim
Lexaeus- Kingdom Hearts
Susan Strong-Adventure Time
hedgehog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #1429
Creative Genius
feelin' nerdy

I'm upgrading Pyramid Head again..it seems that every year I do it..I just love this costume soooo much!
This year will be making myself "shirtless" by having a skin tony leotard and painting on a man chest I cant wait!

the only problem is my boots...I have 5 inch platforms but they show at the bottom of my apron...and my apron is made out of really expensive cow hide, so I don't want to go cutting it up.
Can anyone help me with a solution to hide the black boots at the bottom?
Creative Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #1430
CreativeGuy

Still working on my Closer. Plan to have it ready for AWA
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #1431
syndrome pilot

So, I'm trying to make an as accurate to the movie Nurse as possible. Is it possible to coat a regular dress in latex to get it looking the same way as theirs? I'm also a little worried about how easy it'll be to move in afterwards; I've worn my current cosplay with just a cotton dress and the mask alone gets unpleasant real fast, pfff.

That being said, I am planning on having the front of the mask easy to detach and pull away this time, so maybe I can stand a little more discomfort elsewhere. Hah.
syndrome pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #1432
CreativeGuy

One thing I always wondered about when it comes to covering fabric for a nurse costume with latex, is that wouldn't the fabric get rather stiff after so many layers being added? The movie nurse dresses I believe were totally latex, and they moved and flexed and were supposed to look fleshy. I'm not about to "crossplay" a nurse any time soon, but if I did I would use a rather light weight fabric for the nurse outfit and then cover that with latex. That way it wouldn't be so stiff, and it would also be form fitting.

Here is a behind the scenes video of the movie nurses that might help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI477StItFo
Also note that the nurses are not very bloody at all. They are more dirty and worn looking than they are covered in massive amounts of blood.
Another tip, if you buy a one of those cool movie nurse mask that a lot of people have, try to paint the mask itself to match the color of your "nurse" skin as well, or try to match your skin/body paint color to the mask. Either way works. I see a lot of nurse costumes that while excellent, get thrown off when you look at them and notice the color of the head/face is so very different than the body color. There's also a great shot of how the nurse face is constructed 25 seconds into the video.

Last edited by CreativeGuy : 01-21-2011 at 01:00 PM.
CreativeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #1433
syndrome pilot

Yeah, I'm planning on the back of my mask functioning pretty much just as a bald cap the same way they had in the movie, and trying to blend it in as much as possible.

The dress I'm using at the moment is actually a long shirt, so it might be thin enough? It sure was translucent enough before I dyed it. :l

edit: Man, I actually just had an idea that might work. I'm wary of making a latex dress just on a mannequin because if it doesn't fit first time round then wat do (and all that wasted latex!), but maybe I could cover the dress I have in clingfilm/something equally nonabsorbent and paint it on that way? It fits me pretty much perfectly as is, so I guess all I'd need to do is paint it with the front open and stick some velcro on there.

...if velcro will hold, ffff

Last edited by syndrome pilot : 01-21-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: ideas!
syndrome pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #1434
ItalianPeach

My friend has a Lisa costume, so for an upcoming con I am going to join her with a Maria costume. I am quite excited about it.

Dragon*Con: Tinkerbell (Peter Pan), Cordelia Chase (Angel), Jessica Moore (Supernatural), Red Playboy Bunny, Belle (OuaT), Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff (The Inhumans), Abigail Brand (X-Men)

NYCC: Kitana (Mortal Kombat 9), Scarlett (GI Jo), TBA

Super Mega Fest: Princess Python (Serpant Society), TBA
ItalianPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #1435
Alessa
Mother of God

Alright, everyone. Those of you who were waiting for their latest pics to be up on the site, I just got done.
I'm such a procrastinator lately. I think I need more caffeine. Fatigue SUCKS.

Anyway, glad to have you all on there! Keep on doing such fantastic jobs :3

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #1436
devious-tofu
BRITCHES AND HOSE

Hey all! I think I've finally reached a point with my Henry cosplay where I'm happy with it. I was actually able to get a nice picture of me in it as well thanks to Avi's lovely boyfriend: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2847340/ It's come a long way in a year, and I feel like I can give the costume a break for a bit

I'd like to make another SH cosplay, and I've been thinking of Alessa from the end of SH1 when she's all burned. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about, but I'll attach a couple pics anyways:

The main thing I've been curious about is what exactly she's wearing. The obvious answer seems to be that she's wearing her school uniform, but I also thought it could be an Order outfit similar to Claudia's. Alessa is supposed to be 14 in the original game, but she looks so much older in the scenes with her in the bed.

I think it might be interesting to make a "cult" Alessa... like if Harry had never saved her? I don't wanna anger the fandom or anything, and I'm totes cool doing her school outfit.
What do you guys think?
devious-tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #1437
Ika
tamallama

I can't for the life of me find a flashlight similar in design to heathers. Fellow cosplayers of her, where did you find yours?

COSPLAY ROSTER 2011
FANEXPO - Morrigan - DA:O // Nurse - Silent Hill (movie version) // Marceline the Vampire Queen - Adventure Time!
NYAF: TBA
AWA: TBA
YOUMACON - Lady Hawke - DA2 // TBA

Ika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #1438
Avianna
Lights Out?

They aren't exact, but here's something similar.
http://everpower.en.made-in-china.co...catalog-1.html

You may have to paint them.
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #1439
Avianna
Lights Out?

Here's a few questions regarding the brainstorming of making a Cynthia Ghost costume.

Okay #1: Shoe color. In the art work of the ghost they look black, but that could just be shadow:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...lasquez_02.jpg
In the official game Cythina's are red:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s_cyh_1280.jpg

I was thinking I would go with black, because it looks more like the ghost image and it more ominous. However, if I do that perhaps all my other questions don't matter.

#2: Should the ghost's shirt be a bit translucent? What I mean by this is that Cynthia, pre death, has a some what see-thru top on:
http://images.wikia.com/silent/images/4/46/Cynthia.PNG
Although the artwork (seen above) and this skin capture:
http://alchemillahospital.net/wp-con...010/02/141.jpg
Don't seem to be translucent, it could add to the costume. Also, you'll notice in the skin photo that the skirt is the same as well, its just muddied up. That's why I kinda feel like she should look a bit more like her pre-death self.

#3: Face BLOOD! These two art photos have been connected back to Cynthia:
http://alchemillahospital.net/wp-con...IN_TEX_000.JPG
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/d/d...3da0ab0fdf.jpg
However, again, the actual game art does not have red around her mouth as such. I'm thinking with the blood (just cause I like me a bit of blood) but again, I'd love to hear opinions.
Unread 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #1440
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Avianna: I would go with a translucent shirt, just to make her look more like her pre-death self. I think the black OR red shoes would look good, but if it were me I'd buy a pair of deep red or maybe even dark burgundy shoes to get a nice mix between the two. As for the face blood, I would definitely add some; a bit of blood is always good if you want a creepy or, well, "dead" look.
Heavens_Night is offline   Reply With Quote