Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
iSaucyCosplay
Naega Please!

Broke my stuff!

My stupid brother broke my Rukia Play Arts fig. I had it sitting on our makeshift desk where our computer is. I went downstairs to play some Starcraft 2 and when I come back up her foots broken off. My brother's older than me too btw. He said he moved aside, but i found it on our couch that we have in front of our desk, where he was sitting... He didn't say sorry and kept saying "OH, WELL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT IT OUT" so i cussed him out. Have any of your siblings ever broken your stuff and then you just get super pissed?
Comic Con
iSaucyCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
SailorEarth
I have many skills

Another reason I'm glad to be an only child ^__^
SailorEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

Used to happen all the time, it's a little better now.

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorEarth View Post
seconded. the only person who breaks my things is either me or my kid

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Aearon

If you want to make sure your things don't get broken, don't let others near them. =) I had 4 siblings and that's one thing I learned very quickly.
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
iSaucyCosplay
Naega Please!

Dang, that must be crazy. Well even though my brothers a dork, I forgave him and didn't make him pay for another one. I can't really stay mad at people like friends and family, i get pissed for like 30mins-hour then get over it.

Lol oh well, gonna try and fix it with super glue although part of the joint is missing.
Comic Con
iSaucyCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
J.Kazama
Power is everything

One of my friends broke my Little Sister figure when I gave it to her so she could make a better dress for her cosplay.

Goes without saying that she bought me lunch for a whole week for that.
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
SourCherryTwist
Wannaflywindy

>:/ when we were younger my twin sister once took some naughty pictures of herself....and instead of sending it to her boyfriend, she sent them to our mother. WOO. she blamed it ON ME TOO. and our mother believed her, since I was the rebel. now I have tattoos and she dont tho....so those days are over :P

AC Tifa, Fairy rikku, Thief Rikku, Lenne
SourCherryTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
Ita
Obsessed with horror

I don't have any siblings, thank God. But I do keep important stuff out of the reach when my cousin comes to visit. He's not broken any cosplay stuff (yet), but I have lost many precious books and drawings because of him.
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorEarth View Post
Same here. Though my parents have wrecked my things occasionally. My Dad sat on and broke my good headphones last month, and they're just about unusable now. And I can't really afford another pair right now.... and back when I was a kid, my dad literally smashed my stereo because he hated what I was listening to, and no he couldn't give my 12-year-old self five seconds to turn it off, no. Just BANG BANG BANG, "Oh yeah, it's destroyed now. And that tape I've ruined is borroowed, right? Better tell them you can't give it back."
....yah, I think that was the single most enraged moment I've ever had in my life. X_XU

I was also brutalized in elementary school, so I got used to not being able to have nice things lest people decide I don't deserve it for no reason at all and they should just smash them...I'm still getting used to being able to actually own and wear nice, expensive things and not have them stolen or destroyed.

....argh, sorry for the rant. X_X People breaking stuff is a real sore spot.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #11
MDA
Destiny Productions

My mom accidentally knocked my Aero Cat Asuka figure over and broke off the bows. I still have yet to fix her... because I can't find a good glue or whatever that's not going to A) melt it, or B) look shitty.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

Despite having both a younger sister(3 years younger) and brother(five years younger), I've never had that problem.

While we never broke each other's possessions, we fought. A lot. Luckily, we've grown out of that~
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
berri.pai
i r unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
My mom accidentally knocked my Aero Cat Asuka figure over and broke off the bows. I still have yet to fix her... because I can't find a good glue or whatever that's not going to A) melt it, or B) look shitty.
They sell glue in Michaels/Hobby Lobby/basically any craft store that's specifically made for plastics. It's similar to rubber cement but it comes in a tube. I use it for all of my resin kits and models and it drys clean and doesn't melt. Not to mention it's not ridiculously expensive (less than $3 a tube)
berri.pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Oblivion_Kirie

My cousin broke the foot off my Yuna figure awhile ago. My brothers busted my PS2 by yanking on the controller and pulling the whole thing off the shelf. That was the last time they borrowed anything of mine.
Zexion (Kingdom Hearts COM), Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy VII), Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII), Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts COM)
Oblivion_Kirie is offline   Reply With Quote