Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-13-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
ChicoChan
Pimp Named Slickback

Talking wheel of time cosplay

Just curious anyone ever cosplayed from this book series that totally rocks? ^_^ my friend got me into them at first
I guess the costumes would be more up to the cosplayer since there is only the descriptions in the books to go by...

I wanted to make an aes sedai costume but then as the series went on i really love the far das mai better {spear maidens wooooo} ^_^ i wouldn't mind seeing a well down rand al thor *growls*

DON'T PANIC.

Queen Riot! on FacebookDeviantArtCureACParadiseTumblr
ChicoChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-14-2003, 02:12 AM   #2
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

never heard of it...hmm but it sounds so cool!
Unread 12-14-2003, 02:21 AM   #3
MPsy
The Psychedelic Chipmunk

I would so enjoy doing a Mat cosplay!
You Know Whaaa! (Facebook)
MPsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #4
ChicoChan
Pimp Named Slickback

matrim cauthon .....^_^ :rools::

DON'T PANIC.

Unread 12-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #5
Ashe
King of Chococro

OMG I so made a Moiraine costume in the 8th grade. I think its the first description of her where they describe her in a blue silk dress and velvet cape, so that was the one I made. I've long since cut up th dress to make other things, but I still have the cape. I remember I spent weeks doing vine embroidery around the edge. >.< Aw, now I wanna remake the dress lol .

I would love to see a spear maiden costume (Or Birgitte - she was awesome) - do you think you might do it?
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 01:49 PM   #6
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I made a Rand costume back in the ninth grade for a halloween party. lol. I even had the Callandor (the sword) for a while, til it broke (brother trying to sword fight with it). I wish i kept the costume, lol. I ended up selling it at a yard sale...... The only thing i have left of it is a cloak with the Ancient Aei Sedai symbol (looks like nothing more than a red and white yin and yang symbol though). I think it's in a box with all my old halloween stuf.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 07:26 PM   #7
Venardhi
Indifference Incarnate

Ive been considering doing an Asha'man or Perrin for the last few years. More likely an Asha'man. . . money is pretty tight though, so it probably wont be any time soon.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 10:12 PM   #8
ChicoChan
Pimp Named Slickback

omg morraine that sounds so pretty!!! i'm definalty planning a spear maiden ^_^ i'm thinking of locations around my house that seem "deserty" lol

DON'T PANIC.

Unread 12-14-2003, 10:32 PM   #9
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

There ARE official pictures of some of the characters that didn't make it into the books proper. Color illustrations at that.

A while ago I found this book called "The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel Of Time" in a discount book store. Robert Jordan wrote part of it. Anyhoo, besides providing background information that isn't even in the books proper, it has TONS of official illustrations of characters and props (like certain angreals and those yin-yang-type seal things and swords and a whole bunch of stuff), as well as some pictures of buildings, cities, and maps. Most of the characters have only shoulders-up portraits, but a few of the main characters and some more minor ones like Lanfear have full-body shots, and there's a really awesome picture of a Myrddraal (it has such cool armor!).

If anybody wants some pics from this, I can scan some if the ones you want exist.

If you really are serious about Wheel of Time, I recommend picking this book up if you can manage to find a copy. It has so much info, even special sections devoted to the fashion of particular cities (useful for cosplayers or other such types).

Last edited by Hanyaan : 12-14-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Hanyaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #10
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

That book sounds really handy. Unforunately, I stopped reading his books in gr 12, because there is just so much information in each, that I would forget it all. I have decided that once he finishes the series, I will start reading again, from the beginning. Only what, 3 books to go? That means another 3 years or so... Oh well, I can wait!

One series I am going to cosplay from is Sword of Truth (Terry Goodkind). I think it has been compared to WOT - I mean, any series where the main chara is a male with magic I think has been, right?

Do you think the WOT costume would be recognizable at a convention? Even if it's a literary convention? Or Sci-fi convention?
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #11
MPsy
The Psychedelic Chipmunk

Hmmmmm...I think I will make a Mat costume now...just for the hell of it...I could always use it for Halloween and/or So Cal GenCon 2005...or to a book signing or something...

HanyaanFaery can you scan me a few pictures of Mat?
You Know Whaaa! (Facebook)
MPsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #12
lemming
Fairly Oddparent

Hmmmm, I agree with Eleryth that it might not be instantly recognizedm but if there was a large enough group, it would draw attention. (Maybe even getting others to read the series.)

I'm game, is anyone interested for Otakon 2004?

"On my planet this is hilarious." - Starfire
lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2003, 03:12 PM   #13
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

I made a costume for my husband before we knew what cosplay was. I think it was Mazrim Taim (sp?), and at the time, I had no idea what the series was. I'm now reading it though, I love it! I know he'd love to do some more cosplay from it at some point ^^
SailorAndromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #14
Kuri-chan
Caveat Emptor

The Wheel of Time refrence book is a pretty one. Big, lots of pictures, even if Im not terribly fond of all the art in the book.

For another Robert Jordan refrence, take a look at the Wheel of Time roleplaying game for the D20 system. Great resource for fans, even if you aren't a gamer.

I've only seen it in hardback, but it's a beautiful full color book, loaded with great pictures of characters, creatures, and dezins of the world.

Someday I'll make a Myrdraal cosplay. The trick will be figuring out how to keep some sense of vision ( no eyes @_@; ), and not being mistaken for a Ring Wraith... ^^;
Kuri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
Blueeyedfreak
drunkduck.com/4lfadrive

I am cosplaying Matt at Dragoncon this year. Anyone know if there is some kind of collection of text from the books describing his clothes, items ect?
Blueeyedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote