Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo Knight View Post
TROMBONE, BRO. IT'S THE GOD OF ALL INSTRUMENTS.
AMEN TO THAT BROSEPH!

I started band in 4th grade, and in high school, when I had moved to Texas, is when I really got into it. All State three years in a row!
The people in my band were incredibly cool, all hysterically funny. I met my best friend Robyn in band, actually. We had some really great times, we did some really fun things, went to New York and on a cruise, had some AWESOME inside jokes...
However, our band director was awful. The man was an incompetent and blithering idiot. A paranoid incompetent blithering idiot, with control issues.
I enjoyed it very much though. There was a point where I was considering playing trombone for a living, but I decided to become an actor instead. XD
I still play trombone in a community orchestra. We're working on a concert where we're playing Rimsky-Korsakov's Russian Easter Overture. I have a solo.

And I don't know if this thread really belongs in the music section actually, it seems to me this is less about the music and more about the social aspect of band (which is hard to understand unless you were a band kid), making it fine for a off topic chat section.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #17
daylight
Sugar Junkie

I played the baritone horn for one year in the 7th grade
it was pretty cool, I liked it, but I kinda sucked at it

when I got to highschool I went into colorguard, although I sometimes wonder how different my life would be if I stuck to my instrument.
I would be a completely different person.

but anyways. did CG for three years, quit after my jr. year because my band was crazy strict, and I wanted my own freedom again, also I didnt have the money.
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #18
BsWN

*_* Band. I love it, I love this thread. ^^ At my school I'm in Senior Concert Band, Senior Jazz Band and Poco Meno Mosso (A.K.A The Woodwind Quartet); short form, The Poco Frans. I play Bass Clarinet =D Although now I'm switching schools and I can only be in The Poco Frans; and maybe a new Band. Who knows. ^^
BsWN is offline   Reply With Quote