Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 101 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
cateyedprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuGurl View Post
I've been trying to get a natural looking icy blue/aqua colored lens. I thought I struck gold when I found these in Caribbean Aqua:
http://www.lensquest.com/freshlook-d...-lens/qxp90968

Though I suppose your eyes have to be REALLY right for them to make a difference? I received them the other day and they really didn't accomplish anything. In fact they just make my natural color look a shade darker :/
Here is a photo I took today.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2eyb3gy.jpg

The top photo is with the right lens in (left on the picture) and below is the bright blue/aqua (photoshopped) I was hoping to get. The right side of the photo is my natural color.

Can anyone help me find a very natural looking color like that? I'm hoping for a price tag under $100 for a pair of lenses, but I know there are no guarantees.

Thank you :]
I actually have been buying from www.fashion-contactlenses.com when I was looking for a real difference, and their color has been almost exact to the picture with both pairs I have gotten from them so far.

For instance, I have here the dark brown contacts from their site in:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...7050 27_n.jpg

And my eye color is normally blue:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...2273 48_n.jpg (Girl on the left)

As for which one I ordered, I went with the extreme color contacts, in hopes that even on my eyes the color wouldn't be effected in any way...
I know it's not exact, but you could get this maybe?

http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...es-1559-0.html

They're $34.02 after tax and shipping, but it's just one suggestion! I wish you the best of luck in finding something that works for you!
cateyedprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #32
RikuGurl
DragonSparkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cateyedprincess View Post
I actually have been buying from www.fashion-contactlenses.com when I was looking for a real difference, and their color has been almost exact to the picture with both pairs I have gotten from them so far.

For instance, I have here the dark brown contacts from their site in:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...7050 27_n.jpg

And my eye color is normally blue:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...2273 48_n.jpg (Girl on the left)

As for which one I ordered, I went with the extreme color contacts, in hopes that even on my eyes the color wouldn't be effected in any way...
I know it's not exact, but you could get this maybe?

http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...es-1559-0.html

They're $34.02 after tax and shipping, but it's just one suggestion! I wish you the best of luck in finding something that works for you!

WOW the difference is really good :O
I was led to that site on another thread here and they seem to be pretty decent. I found a couple colors I really like already, and the one you suggested I really like as well :D

I did have a couple of questions though. Obviously its safe go give my credit card info as everyone else seems not to have had problems (as an alternative I would have preferred paypal). But the prices being listed in £... I would be new to buying from another country via credit card so I'm curious about paying for it, does the currency just get worked out automatically? :O (I know, its a silly question xD;)

And that's an extremely fair price!

I haven't looked into their fitting but I think I have the average size eyes (14.5/8.6) but are the lenses at least a little soft? I've had only two sets of lenses, a white pair and yellow pair. I've never ever had trouble with the whites and they've actually outlasted their listed shelf life. But the extreme yellow lenses I got were murder on my eyes. I wore them for about 30 minutes at AX last year and I just couldn't take wearing them anymore. The toll they took my my eyes was awful. The size was exactly the same and both lenses were purchased from the same source. I assume they might have been mislabeled (the lenses being too small for my eyes perhaps?) They were also unusually thick, much thicker than my white lenses.

My question is, they're not super hard lenses are they? D: I'm hoping that wasn't the problem with my other lenses and that I can just buy everything I need from they're site ^^

Thank you so much for the info by the way :D

Youtube.com my youtube account.

Facebook.com my facebook.

Last edited by RikuGurl : 02-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.
RikuGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #33
Ion
Lyrical gangster

@RikuGurl - nearly all cosmetic lenses sold today are soft lenses, so you would be getting soft lenses from that site. As a note, scleras, RGPs, and other specialized lenses are pretty much the only types that are hard lenses.

I have not purchased from that company in a few years but on the left hand side toward the bottom of the menu there is a dropdown list where you can choose your currency and the products show up in USD or Euro on the pages and in the basket as well.

I do not remember if it lets you go through the entire checkout process while still showing the amount in USD but it is not a problem. Either Paypal or your credit card company will automatically do a currency conversion for you. Slight caveat, your credit card might throw in a minimal fee for a "foreign transaction" though whereas Paypal just converts the rate and takes that much out of your funds. If you want to use your credit card, you might call your company and ask if they charge foreign transaction fees.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #34
RikuGurl
DragonSparkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
@RikuGurl - nearly all cosmetic lenses sold today are soft lenses, so you would be getting soft lenses from that site. As a note, scleras, RGPs, and other specialized lenses are pretty much the only types that are hard lenses.

I have not purchased from that company in a few years but on the left hand side toward the bottom of the menu there is a dropdown list where you can choose your currency and the products show up in USD or Euro on the pages and in the basket as well.

I do not remember if it lets you go through the entire checkout process while still showing the amount in USD but it is not a problem. Either Paypal or your credit card company will automatically do a currency conversion for you. Slight caveat, your credit card might throw in a minimal fee for a "foreign transaction" though whereas Paypal just converts the rate and takes that much out of your funds. If you want to use your credit card, you might call your company and ask if they charge foreign transaction fees.
Thank you so much for all the help and information! :D I'll be sure to refer back to all of this info when I order :)

Unread 02-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #35
cateyedprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuGurl View Post
Thank you so much for all the help and information! I'll be sure to refer back to all of this info when I order
As for when you get the contacts, for these particular ones, I suggest soaking them in your saline solution over a couple nights before wearing them, just to be safe, but otherwise, they've been really nice for me.
cateyedprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #36
RikuGurl
DragonSparkz

@cateyedprincess I'll definitely do that. Thank you so much for all of your help :)

Unread 02-10-2011, 04:21 AM   #37
scsatan

I'm cosplaying the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time, and she has purple eyes. What's the cheapest place I can get some purple lenses?
scsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #38
PoPiPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsatan View Post
I'm cosplaying the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time, and she has purple eyes. What's the cheapest place I can get some purple lenses?
I'd recommend the EOS Adult Violet Lenses from mycandyeyes.com
PoPiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #39
Kilo

Aqua?

As far as aqua goes, I've found ColourMax so far, but I've already got a pair of their grey so I'm looking to branch out. Generally I order from Pinky Paradise, but I was curious about which brands would be best for dark eyes. In the other colour thread, the links that were for the gorgeous aqua lenses I saw were filtered out.

I was looking at the Geo Twin Series, which may okay, but I wasn't sure. The idea is the Mako Eyes effect from FFVII. I could go for green, too, but I have the DollyEye blue and green and while both colours are gorgeous, neither are light enough for my purpose.
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #40
scsatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPiPanda View Post
I'd recommend the EOS Adult Violet Lenses from mycandyeyes.com
I've had those contacts before, and I did really like them, but I'm looking for a brighter purple this time.
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #41
scsatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
As far as aqua goes, I've found ColourMax so far, but I've already got a pair of their grey so I'm looking to branch out. Generally I order from Pinky Paradise, but I was curious about which brands would be best for dark eyes. In the other colour thread, the links that were for the gorgeous aqua lenses I saw were filtered out.

I was looking at the Geo Twin Series, which may okay, but I wasn't sure. The idea is the Mako Eyes effect from FFVII. I could go for green, too, but I have the DollyEye blue and green and while both colours are gorgeous, neither are light enough for my purpose.
For aqua contacts for dark eyes I would try http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com/ The ones from Extreme Color and ColorTone are really vibrant, and the "Angelic" one from Theatrical Lenses is too. I'd also look at the aqua in Colored Contacts. Those would be my suggestions, just look around the site, the price is in Euros, but they ship to the U.S.
Unread 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #42
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
I've had those contacts before, and I did really like them, but I'm looking for a brighter purple this time.
Have you considered Dolly Eye Violet or Vassen Crystal Violet (same design as i.Fairy Crystal) lenses? Dolly Eye Violet lenses are really vibrant. I have not had a chance to try the Vassen/i.Fairy Crystal Violet lenses yet but the Crystal Pink color is really noticeable and bright which says a lot to me. Pinks and violets are usually the colors that fail in terms of color payoff for many other brands.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
PoPiPanda

Quote:
You could try the Dolly Eyes. They're the ones that I currently use. You can see them in the far left picture in this image. They really make your eyes pop, but are still realistic enough for day to day use, since it's not just solid violet.
PoPiPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #44
scsatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Have you considered Dolly Eye Violet or Vassen Crystal Violet (same design as i.Fairy Crystal) lenses? Dolly Eye Violet lenses are really vibrant. I have not had a chance to try the Vassen/i.Fairy Crystal Violet lenses yet but the Crystal Pink color is really noticeable and bright which says a lot to me. Pinks and violets are usually the colors that fail in terms of color payoff for many other brands.
WOW. I looked up some reviews of the Dolly Eye Violet lenses on youtube and they look AMAZING! I'm definitely getting them. Thank you so much!
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #45
InkRaven
Heh, that was fun!

I've been looking at the Ice Blue Venus for a cosplay of Major Ocelot from MGS3. The main reason I'm looking at them was cause I saw someone of the darker eyes thread with them on and it looked fantabulous, really natural and not as saturated as a lot of blues are.

Anyone have any experience with these contacts and the best place to get them?

Current Cosplays
Major Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Revolver Ocelot - Metal Gear Solid | RED fem!Spy - Team Fortress 2 | Footie Pajama Commander Shepard - Mass Effect
Cosplay in Progress
Leonardo Da Vinci - Assassins Creed 2 | Major Ocelot(Revamp) - Metal Gear Solid 3
Future Cosplays:
Braig - Kingdom Hearts | Sheik - LoZ (Brawl version)
Retired Cosplays
Colonel Mustard - Clue board game | The Boss - Metal Gear Solid 3 | Xigbar (Normal & Tweedle Dee) - Kingdom Hearts
InkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote