Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1174 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #1906
KrissyChan

Name of Commissioner Meitachi
Website/C.com gallery Look up Meitachi on here and you will find her,
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Lightning from Final Fantasy 13 Leg pouch.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item I dont have any yet.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) 2-3 weeks?
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I wanted to cosplay Lightning for Ohayocon. So I commissioned a costume and they made most of the items I needed. I still needed a leg pouch with belt, so I asked Meitachi who had already cosplayed as Lightning to make me one if I paid her for it. She was incredibly nice about it and agreed to do it. She even took it to Taiwan and hand stitched it!! THAT is dedication! It is made out of a gorgeous leather like material and looks like it came out of the game! I'm very impressed with her work and plan to have more stuff made for me
Final Grade: A+

Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi)
Psyduck (Pokemon)
Ciel Phantomhive (original design) (Kuroshitsuji)

2011 Cons
Ohayocon, Animation and Gaming Ohio, ACEN, Otakon, GenCon, Matsuricon, Sugoicon, and Anime Crossroads
KrissyChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #1907
KittyVinVin
Flame_Alchemist2002

-moved-

Last edited by KittyVinVin : 03-29-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: moved to merchant thread-
KittyVinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 07:13 AM   #1908
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Merchant Reviews now separated across two posts.
Into the last one I can edit on the front page, as a matter of fact :/

Necara, sorry, but if there's no review it's because no one who browses this thread has commissioned them yet.

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #1909
Silhac
Finally found this option

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaymandy

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.photobucket.com/cosplaymandy

Character commissioned and series/video game: Cardcaptor Sakura - Episode 35 dress (full costume)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None yet, will add once they are taken

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Approximately less than a month

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: Oh the things I could say for the process. First of all, I was under the impression that I'd be seeing this costume arrive an entire month later than when I received it (that being today). She works so fast, and although she's overseas studying, she answered my massive flood of questions I had no later than the day that I asked. She didn't get fustrated with me despite my initial issues with having a budget squeeze requiring me to ask her opinion of multiple different outfits that I had in mind.

Now, as for the costume, I have no complaints about it either. The entire thing fit me perfectly, and she had well-concealed zippers put in place for easy access and removal of the layers (so well concealed that I didn't find one of them until I was taking it off). The material she used was so nice feeling, so it felt practically like a normal piece of everyday clothing for me.

Finally, and in my opinion this is where she did really well at: This costume was worn by a guy. I know some commissioners have issues designing good crossplay outfits for others due to not being used to making particular items in a different measurement style, but she nailed it perfectly. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Cons: None of which were caused by her. The only con I can think of is due to myself being such a slight pain to deal with at first. I have to thank her for dealing with my problems I ran into mid-commission xD

Final Score: A+
Silhac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #1910
pooky
fuzzy pickles

Name of Merchant: Arda Wigs
Item purchased: Cady in 081 platinum blonde
Timeline: It was ordered on Thursday and then I received it on the Saturday after that ( so 9 days later) Shipping could be faster but overall not a big deal.
Links to pictures of item:
Right out of the bag: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2842475/
After dyeing and styling: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2842474/

I dyed it green with sharpies. It's for my friend's Cilan/Dento cosplay from Pokemon Black and White!

Pros

-The color is a yellowy blonde that is very natural looking. The first thing I thought when I took it out of the bag is that it looked just like Germany from APH, so if that's what you're looking for, this is the wig to buy.
-The fibers feel more coarse but it looks very natural. Especially since it's a blend of colors rather than just one color, which looks fake
-I like that it's not too shiny. Most heat-resistant wigs are really shiny and fake-looking, but not these.
-the wig is really thick (it almost feels TOO thick in the back)
-the hairline looks really natural, but you'll have to be careful not to yank on it while brushing so the hairs don't fall off (I've had no problems so far though)
-The lacefront and wefts are designed to be slicked back, so if that's the style you want, everything is pretty much done for you
-It doesn't seem to be as roomy as their other wigs, but it's still a big enough wig. It turned out to be just the right size.
-The price is really cheap

Cons:
-This is really minor, but I've noticed that the beginning of the wefts become really frizzy after heating using hot water or a blow dryer. It's not visible at all from the outside, (only if you lift some fibers to expose the weft, or look at it from the inside) so it's not a big deal. But I've noticed this happened in the other wig I bought from them too. It's a bit baffling and I have no idea how it happens.
-It could be shipped out faster

Final Grade: A
pooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #1911
CaptainEvie

Name of Commissioner: Tsukeru
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/178803/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Red from Pokemon Adventures (included the jacket, hat, and wristcuffs)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I'll link a picture later
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 2-3 months

Tsukeru is an excellent seamstress/commissioner. Her work is absolutely wonderful and she really puts alot of thought into her commissions. My outfit took longer to ship because we had some trouble with getting the hat right, but she found a way to fix it nicely. She kept me updated with pictures and info the entire time, which was so helpful. She even helped me out with getting the rest of the costume together (like where to buy cheap t-shirts and such). All in all, a great seller whom I would definitely commission again!

Unread 02-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #1912
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Merchant Review

Name of Merchant: Mildgreentea
Item purchased (please include quantity): 2 Blonde Long Curly Wigs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Links to picture(s) of your received item: No photos until next weekend, but the are gorgeous.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Bought on January 11 and arrived Feb 7

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
The wigs are simply gorgeous. Full, soft fibers, and they don't tangle. Easy to comb and take care of and store. They included 2 wig caps and some lip balm as well. I was also told on the auction as well as 2 more times about shipping taking almost a month due to the upped secuity and the coming holiday. They made sure I was okay with that. Anyhow! Great deal! I saved them in my favorites for future purchases.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #1913
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner; xhelios.moonx/Orphan's Wigs/ILUVMoonWigs! < her latest name
Website/C.com gallery; Her cosplay.com Marker add
Character commissioned and series/video game; APH: Greece, Vocaloid: Kaito, Junjou Romantica: Usami, Blonde wig and Black wig.
Links to picture(s)Greece Blonde Kaito's wig Pic 1 Kaito wig pic 2 Black spikey wig Usami pic 1 Usami Pic 2
Timeline; 2 weeks from when I ordered
Describe your Experience.;I originally ordered a Greece wig to be made when I inquired about a Brown wig she had for sale. We decided She would send 5 wigs plus a hair piece since she wanted to get rid of 2 of them. When I got it my Already Bad day turned worse.It was NOT what I ordered and lacked the Extensions that "Leeolie" said would come with it. Japan's hair color/Style looks nothing like Greece and the ref photos I sent prove it. The Smell of the 5 wigs was probably smoke and Allergies started acting up. What ever it is It Smelt HORRIBLE. 3/5 were grimey (Kaito the Grimmest of them all) and I had to Clean them ALL which only got rid of 67% of the smell. Had to shell out extra shipping to get a new Greece from a friend who wanted the Gray one. She would style that for free for me and She is reliable and it won't stink. I tried cleaning them but kept the kaito wig on the side for my Dad to smell to see what I was complaining about. I washed the Kaito Wig in a Bag to Soak it cause I was going to Soak it over night to try and get the smell out. Well the water in the Bag turned brown to dark brown to Brownish black within 8 hours. I also Found out the bangs were chopped up. When I told her the problems that I had with them I got a "Well Two of the 5 aren't bad" since the black spikey wig Didn't look bad and the Blonde one looked okay. I told her About my allergy and She Said she didn't smoke and no one in her house smoked since she has Asthma . I told her it was Smoke otherwise my Allergies wouldn't be acting up. Then She tried blaming the Post office. I Pretty much Tore her head off on that cause when I told her I highly Doubt they would Open the package and Chain gang smoke around all 5 wigs (Which they all were in a Ziplock bag I might add) She laughed and said that would be pretty funny if they did. My sister mentioned that it had to be in a house that had smokers for longer than a Week and The commissioner said she said She stayed at her Friend house for a Week and they all smoked. I'm trying to figure out the Logic of WHY someone would stay in a house for a week if they have asthma and the people there are "Heavy smokers." She basically danced around anything and everything making it look like everything is okay. Cause the wigs for in exchange for a Costume. I lost 20 bucks and a Dress that is Due by the convention I told her I needed The "Greece" wig I ordered for. Some how She mistaken Japan for Greece. how she did since their Hair color/Styles are Different and she was looking at a "brown" wig when Doing "japan" Who she Got mixed up with Greece? I haven't got a friggen clue. The wigs was thin and Cheap. She Got Usami Mixed up with Ciel (Kuroshitsuji). I dunno HOW You can mistake a 28 year Male Character for a 13 year old Boy or how Ciel Got Spikes and a Shitty hair style. Something tells me Ciel Is Rebelling or Sebastian must not be doing his Job OR I got a reject wig. She Told me that the "Usami" wig she Had was better than the one I have (Current Avatar picture) and I thought it would be nice to replace a 3 year old wig that was my First wig. When I got it and started telling her She asked about the "Ciel" wig she sent. I asked her what Ciel wig since we hadn't even talked about the Series. The "Ciel" She Sent was the "Usami" She told me about. The black and Spikey one I really can't say anything bout cause I dunno what to Do with it she just tossed it in. The Blonde one I styled and will be using at my Convention next week if I can get the rest of the smell out. She tried Selling me another wig which she Showed me a Picture of Another user's Russia wig (complete with Soviet hat) She said it was an old cosplay and the hat was gone. I started laughing cause that Picture she Showed me was A friend of mine Wig she posted to show her progress on Her Russia Cosplay. When I called "Leeolie" Out on it She laughed and Basically said she wanted to know if I was paying attention and then Changed the Description to " A wig I commissioned a while ago" To "Raychan's wig, isn't it pretty?" I screen capped the Picture and alerted my Friend to wants going on. then she Told me she Sends wigs she Stores to her friend in China to Store them for about 30 a Month, After I explained to her she can get a 4 dollar bin at Dollar General she said it'll save her "50" a month if she got them. Why Would you send wigs over sea's to store for 30-50 a month?!? I was Born at night but NOT last night. There is a Crap load more on this Girl I could go on about but I'm taking up too much space as it is. But basically I'm out A Dress, money and My commissioner fee. By the way All the Wigs are now Non-Grimy and the "worse" looking one (gray one) Was transformed into something way prettier. I will send pictures when I meet up with my Friend who is Styling it for a outfit.
Final Grade: There is no Grade for this. "-F" is being too nice

Last edited by Lovelychristina : 02-10-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #1914
Lina
Lady in Blue

Name of Merchant: Laurawu_123
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/laurawu123
Item Purchased: 28" Ex-Long Bang Blonde Straight Cosplay Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Wig 1, Wig 2
Timeline (how long your order took to process): It took about 2 weeks. Usually how long it takes to ship from China.
Comments: The wig is so soft and doesn't tangle easily. It isn't extremely thick, but it thick enough that it doesn't get messy. It is much better than the wig I got from cosworx (forgot the name of the wig). The wig from cosworx was way too thick and got tangled way too easily while this wig was the exact opposite. I didn't have any trouble with it at all. I have bought 3 other wigs from her and they are all beautiful. I have recommended her to all my friends and fellow cosplayers and will continue to do so. I have not hesitated to buy wigs from her. I already have 3 more wigs on their way. -^___^-
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #1915
Akikay
shsl gay baby

Name of Commissioner: uniquecreator
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/182032
Character commissioned and series/video game: Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji; 6th volume cover outfit. http://download.minitokyo.net/Kuroshitsuji.393766.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x425/xAkikay/ (photos of the costume on myself are coming)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About 3 months for it to be started and finished, and 2 days for it to arrive.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I was originally going to commission an entirely different outfit, but even after I changed my mind, there wasn't a problem. I paid $150 as a down payment, half of the entire cost, and she started on it about a month or so after. After she began making the outfit, the process was fast. Before I knew it, she had sent me pictures of the finished product. I paid the other $150 plus shipping and it was sent, arriving in 2 days. The costume is absolutely beautiful. Perfectly accurate, no stains, no rips, awesome stitch work, lovely button and bead choices, and it fits perfectly. The only thing I have to say is that the top hat is rather tall and looks kind of ridiculous on me, but that's not her fault at all. Besides that small detail, it is all perfect. Definitely worth the wait and money. I recommend this commissioner for anyone who wants fancier costumes made for them.
Akikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #1916
mariacarlo

Name of Commissioner: Chun Li Costume
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.miccostumes.com/Chun_Li_Costume_8lp.html
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire
costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Chun Li in Street fighters.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.miccostumes.com/images/pa...260&height=260
Timeline (how long your order took to process): It took almost ten days to process the order.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The costume is OK. only a little too expensive!
Final Grade: B
mariacarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #1917
Sticky-Iki
Meow?

Name of Merchant: Damsel in this Dress
Item purchased: Corset
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i51.tinypic.com/rruiiw.jpg
Timeline: Jan. 23 - Feb. 11 (Custom order)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I had a very positive experience. Michelle replied to all of my questions within a couple of days and even though I need to return my corset for altering (via her request) I only need to pay one way of shipping since it was her mistake. She gives so many options on design and add ons and her work is beautiful. Some of the stuff can be a bit expensive but it's worth it.

The only con I have is that she made it a bit too big. It's not enough to make me downgrade her since she caught the mistake before I did (via pictures).

Overall a nice person who truly cares about her work and beautiful corsets that are perfect for steampunk, pirate, and Victorian cosplays.

Future Cosplays:
Aisha ClanClan {Outlaw Star}
Panty {Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt}

Last edited by Sticky-Iki : 02-18-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Sticky-Iki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #1918
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner; Sasuke_uchiha_6 (Wigs by Jiro)
Website/C.com gallery; Her ad
Character commissioned and series/video game; Kuroshitsuji Claude Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item; *Will post after Con*
Timeline; Paid down payment early of Jan and the Rest Feb First
Describe your Experience; Nice to talk to. The Wig came in and Looks a Bit Dry and Doesn't look like what I ordered. But it was Flattened for shipping. My Friend and I will be fixing it at the con.
Final Grade: C+

Last edited by Lovelychristina : 02-17-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #1919
lightwave
nu ABO

Name of Commissioner: Buster Cleveland
Website/C.com gallery:
http://bustercleveland.blogspot.com
http://www.cosplay.com/member/179471/
Character commissioned and series: Prop, Oathkeeper and Oblivion keyblades from Kingdom Hearts
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://bustercleveland.blogspot.com/...vion-fini.html (his final photos)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2763931/ (A photo of me with Oblivion, as reference to its size.)

Timeline: I messaged Ben near the end of July 2010 for a quote + decided to commission him. Work on the keyblades started shortly after, and I received both keyblades in the middle of October 2010. My deadline was April 2011, though I had said I wanted them asap if possible, and he said October would be the earliest he could get them to me.

Describe your Experience:
I asked for these keyblades to be made out of fiberglass (FRP), so they weren't cheap, but if you want an AMAZING prop worth your money, Ben is your guy! He was always very fast and patient in responding to my (numerous) emails and attentive to the details I wanted. He updated his blog quite frequently with progress shots, so I basically saw every step along the way, which was really great because I get paranoid about small details. He was very open to what I wanted - for example, when painting Oathkeeper I actually emailed him specific color of paint I wanted for a certain part, and he managed to get it in perfectly! Ben is very detail-oriented and we discussed how to make the keyblades as structurally sound as possible.

I received both keyblades quickly, and they are stunning. They fit my grip perfectly and look absolutely amazing. The paint work is absolutely perfect. Ben put so much time and care into working on them, and it really shows. He is truly talented. Seriously, if you need a Keyblade (or any prop, really) and are willing to pay, he is your guy!

There was ONE snafu with this whole deal, however, though it wasn't Ben's fault at all. When they arrived, Oathkeeper had a fairly significant crack near the handle. It wasn't broken completely and it still looked great overall, but it was definitely something that needed to be repaired. I'd seen photos of the blades before they were shipped out and there was no crack, so it had occurred during shipping (*shakes fist at UPS!!!!*). I contacted Ben in a panic about what to do, and he offered to fix it if I sent it back, but I thought I'd just do it myself, so he told me to buy a specific adhesive and rub it into the crack to help it stay together. I did that, and I haven't taken Oathkeeper to a con since, but hopefully it should be alright now. (At the very least, I'm going to be extremely careful with it.) Oblivion, on the other hand, arrived without fault and I have taken it to a con, and it served me well. Obviously I'm not too happy about the crack in Oathkeeper, but these kind of shipping accidents do happen, unfortunately. I ended up filing a claim with UPS, and after months of processing it came through not too long ago, which is awesome. Most of the work to get the claim through had to be done on Ben's side as the shipper, and he was very cooperative in going through with it.

Overall, working with Ben was a pleasure. He was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process and he obviously works really hard to ensure his customers' satisfaction. He has a great sense for detail and his work is superb. The Keyblades are perfectly sized and are honestly the best I've seen anywhere - they look like they could've come straight out of the games. His communication was great throughout the whole process and his progress blog is a real bonus - I love being able to follow every step with his frequent updates. He is a great commissioner, and I would definitely go back to him in the future should I need another prop.

lightwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #1920
CrazySunshine

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://photobucket.com/cosplaymandy
Character commissioned and series/video game: The jacket, pants, and belts of Beelzemon from Digimon Tamers
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: pic here
Timeline: Sent my first email on December 27th, recieved the cosplay Febuary 12th.
Comments: I did some research before choosing a commissioner for this cosplay. It was for my boyfriend, so we looked around together. When I found Mandy, I sent my boyfriend her gallery right away and we agreed to get a quote. Within a month of my first email, the cosplay was done. She was sending me pictures of the finished product before I could ask how it was coming along. I imagine the process would have been even quicker, had it not been for my delay in sending payments. Her communication was excellent, sometimes we exchanged emails 3-4 times a night. It took about two weeks for the package to come from China (which anyone who did their research wouldn't have an issue with since she goes to school there). Everything fit perfectly when it got here, except the sleeves were a little on the short side, due to the shoulders not being broad enough (this was my fault though, I had trouble measuring shoulder width). When I let her know the cosplay came and the minor issue I had, she was very apologetic for the slow delivery (which really wasn't an issue, the con isn't until mid-April) and the length issue. Then she gave me advice on where I may inexpensively get it altered. Mandy was wonderful to work with, from beginning to end. She maintained a professional position while still speaking casually and personally. I would recommend her to anyone and will be going back to her with any commissioned needs.
Final Grade: A

Last edited by CrazySunshine : 02-18-2011 at 09:59 AM.
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote