Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #46
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Fan View Post
re-upped picture?
The first one I edited once but I can't remember I've done anything with the second one... maybe...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #47
木冬★ヒイラギ

hello! i have been trying to replace one of my costumes photo icon but the new one wont show up no matter how many times i upped it. i tried refreshing the page many times as well. please help! T-T
木冬★ヒイラギ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #48
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 木冬★ヒイラギ View Post
hello! i have been trying to replace one of my costumes photo icon but the new one wont show up no matter how many times i upped it. i tried refreshing the page many times as well. please help! T-T
That always happens to me too. Just wait some days and it will be fine.

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #49
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Blood_Sword = I have noticed that for people outside the US, "1970" appears instead of "1969" - it's the same error, though. Usually, when this happens, the photo will not post at all, but if it is visible, the only thing we can do is delete the photo all together. There is not a way to just edit the date itself.

木冬★ヒイラギ = Which costume is it and what should the icon look like? (Also, be sure to hold down the shift key on your keyboard while you are pressing reload for your browser.)
Unread 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #50
木冬★ヒイラギ

yui: it worked ! thank you so much for the help ! ~
blood sword: i see.. its the first time i encountered this so i panicked abit. XD;
木冬★ヒイラギ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
Ematheo
aka TC

Yui: wow you've said that "hold shift --> reload to many people now.
I was just wondering.. You can't edit a cosplay photo at all? Like make some cool effects or make it sharper or something like that? Then it counts as artwork or..?

If this is the case, can I ask why it's forbidden?
Ematheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #52
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Ematheo = I know. ^_^; It's okay, though. A lot of people don't actually know about force-refresh, and I'm not expecting them to read through other people's posts.

As far as your question: yes, you can certainly Photoshop your uploaded images if you like - from simple minor corrections to adding in a cg background if you feel the need (so long as you don't use any copyrighted photos/artwork) - just be sure the photo is still recognizable as a photo in the end. If there are so many filters that a mod thinks it has crossed the line into digital illustration, then it's not allowed.
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #53
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Is there anyway to move pictures from the uncategorized album to specific ones?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #54
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

placing uncategorized photos into galleries after upload

touchmon = Yep. First you will need to make those galleries here:
http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.php?sub=albums

...and then, on your uploaded photo, click on the "Edit Photo" link under the caption. From here, the first drop-down menu choice will show all of the Gallery choices you have made to select from. Pick your choice, and then click "Edit the Photo" on the bottom of the page to save.
Unread 02-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #55
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Blood_Sword = I have noticed that for people outside the US, "1970" appears instead of "1969" - it's the same error, though. Usually, when this happens, the photo will not post at all, but if it is visible, the only thing we can do is delete the photo all together. There is not a way to just edit the date itself.
Ouch, that's too bad. ;_;
Ugh, is it worth deleting to fix that error? How does it even occur, is it when you edit a photo or?

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #56
Jii
Jii です

I have recently become frustrated with the picture uploads. Whenever I click to see my costumes, most of the photos that I have uploaded don't show up for some reason, so I never know what pictures I have uploaded later on.
Is there any way that I can easily figure out which pictures I have doubles of so that I can delete the doubles? I cant tell which ones I have doubles of by clicking through all my uploaded photos one by one.

note: the doubles don't show up in the costume view, only one copy of the photo shows up. The way I know I have doubles is because while scrolling through all my photos i end up eventually coming across a double.

Also, why wont some photos show up in my costume pages? Some of the photos I upload end up never showing up. This is what causes me to upload another.

I really hope this all makes sense.
Please help.

thanks.
Jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #57
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

date bug + duplicates

Blood_Sword = There is no way to fix that date bug, as it is an error at the time of upload. It seems to happen when your file is oversized, but just a little bit = so the page does generate without an error, but the resizer can't handle the last step to actually post the image. The best way to avoid that is to resize your photos before letting the built-in gallery one attempt that. (Such as, in Photoshop, save "optimized" + "save for web" + also make sure your dpi is 72.)
At this point, even if you reupload the file again, the date will not change, though. (If the incorrect date bothers you, though, you can delete the page totally and reupload, but you'll loose the views and comments, obviously.)

Jii = All of the photos you have uploaded all together are located on the "All Photos" page which is here = http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a88536/

Also, you do have many duplicates, some are associated to a specific gallery, some to a specific costume, some both, some neither.
If you select "Edit Photo" under a photo's caption, you can choose the gallery, costume &/or event associations from the drop-down menu for the page you want to keep, and also delete the extras this way, too.
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #58
_Kumi-chan_
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

I've been trying to update a couple of my costume avatars, specifically these:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/171998/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/171986/

The upload appears to go through fine, but when I check the costume page it's still the old avatar, regardless of how often I refresh/close my browser/re-upload. Usually I've noticed it'll change after a few hours, but it's been almost a full day and nothing. The photo I'm uploading is definitely the right size and file type, as well.

It's not a huge deal on these two, but I have a couple other costumes I may be updating soon and I don't want to keep running into this problem. I had a similar issue when I recently updated this costume: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/171986/. That one did eventually change after half a dozen uploads and a few hours, but it's gone past that point for the others.

Thanks for your help.
Next up...
In Prog./Upcoming: Various groups/projects/upgrades Ranma 1/2
The Mirror Card Captor Sakura Rapunzel Tangled EVE WALL-E
Tenchi & Ryoko Tenchi Muyo! Parn & Deedlit Record of Lodoss War
_Kumi-chan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #59
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

_Kumi-chan_ = Okay, right now for your Hibiki Ryouga costume, your icon is a crop of this image = http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1719809/
...And for your Higurashi Kagome costume, your icon is a crop of this image = http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1720360/

Is that what they are supposed to be? (Also, if you aren't seeing those, are you holding down the shift key when pressing reload?)
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #60
_Kumi-chan_
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Thanks, they're fixed now. ^_^ Yeah, I was trying that, but it didn't seem to work for me. I'll keep an eye on it for future changes, though.
Next up...
In Prog./Upcoming: Various groups/projects/upgrades Ranma 1/2
The Mirror Card Captor Sakura Rapunzel Tangled EVE WALL-E
Tenchi & Ryoko Tenchi Muyo! Parn & Deedlit Record of Lodoss War
_Kumi-chan_ is offline   Reply With Quote