Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #76
MiraiTrunksLove

I bought a dress from F+F this month, and I love it! great quality!
MiraiTrunksLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #77
Meiki

I've ordered from Fan Plus Friend before, their quality is good and their communication is great. I like that outfit, but I would probably order it in different colors, as-is it looks like a super classy version of the Joker.
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #78
burning112d

Yeah that's my problem with the purple/green combo. I don't want someone mistaking me for the joker... I want the jacket in emerald green.
burning112d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #79
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

You can send them a question and ask if they can make the jacket in the color you want.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #80
burning112d

Good idea!
Unread 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #81
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have a couple things from f+f. They are really good quality.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #82
fasttimestoday

Yes old thread I know, but decided to bump it back up to anyone that might be wondering about Fan+Friend reviews...

I just ordered two costumes from them and will let you know the shipping and quality/fit with the costumes. I'll keep anyone interested, updated.
fasttimestoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #83
fasttimestoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Their front page states their sizing runs small, so I ordered my Alice dress one size bigger than I normally would. I DID NOT get custom sizing, but chose the American size 12 (dress)where as I've run anywhere from a 6 to a 10 in American clothing sizes. It fits me wonderfully.

THIS is the dress I ordered. It came with the apron and bow. HERE is a good size view.

There's a slightly off spot on the skirt where the threads are different, and the dress was not lined and the inside collar has about 3 inches of fabric on the inside. The edges are sewn nicely and all so I am not sure if that's suppose to be that way or if it's something strange.

It took a little over 2 weeks to finish and I might have rushed them a little since I needed it by the first week of June and ordered the first day in July ^__^' heeeehhh...

Overall I'd given them an A/B+ for not only do I LOVE the dress, and did it stand up to three days in a row of a hot and crowded convention but they also overnight shipped it at NO cost to me.

I was told 3-5 days and it took barely 24 hours and arrived in an "Express Pac" mailer.

If I had the time I would have done custom sizing and requested the dress to be lined. But none of the little issues are anything major to me.

Also, the petticoat I used with my dress is NOT from them! I was a stupidhead and forgot to order the optional petticoat and bloomers offered with their Alice dress @__@' so I had to rush order a petti from amazon.com.
Loves it! It looks very flattering on you basically perfect. You're so good at cosplaying it.
fasttimestoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #84
NobodyKitten

Just thought I should point this out, but, isn't that Alois Trancy's outfit from Kuroshitsuji II?
Unread 02-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #85
Kunoichi Neko
The World is Mine! =^w^=

I thought that too.

Future cons: Akicon 2011
Sakuracon 2012
My Lovely Lolita Blog A Cursed Doll
Kunoichi Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #86
o01101011
Just call me Digit

That is indeed Alois Trancy's outfit from Monoshitsuji. Meaning the shorts are...well, short shorts/booty shorts.

You should probably go for pants at least knee length, and definately ask them about color alternatives if you aren't wanting to be called on wearing a cosplay.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #87
burning112d

Thanks for the assistance! They won't let me change the color though.

Oh well, I guess the search for my next awesome dandy outfit shall continue.
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #88
Axelai
I'm Awesome

How are Fan + Friends petticoats? Since i'm trying to find a good petticoat, and I like the poof in some of their pictures

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #89
Traeonna
Business Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
How are Fan + Friends petticoats? Since i'm trying to find a good petticoat, and I like the poof in some of their pictures
I purchased UN00002 (Dolly Gothic Lolita:Low Waist Basic Pannier for $29.99 in 2008. I love this petticoat. It's perfect for skirts/dresses that don't require a lot of extra poof. I typically wear this one with my Sweet Rococo Princess Skirt, Bodyline Spring/Summer JSK, and 1950s style JSK I made.

I purchased 1UN00002 (Cutie Gothic Lolita:Low Waist Heavy Puffy A-Shape Pannier) for $39.59 in 2010. I love this petticoat as well. It's uber full. I wear this under my bustle skirts (especially the one I made since it's of a heavier fabric) or when I wear layered skirts.

I purchased UN00003 (Gothic Lolita: Steel Prop Pannier*short*) for $17.59 in 2010. I didn't like this one much. The steel prop keeps coming apart, therefore mis-shaping the look. I had purchased this in hope to use it with my light petticoat for outfits that I liked with a lighter petticoat, but wanted to support it a bit more. I wore it once and never wore it again.

EDIT: After posting this, I found that they no longer have the first two petticoats listed on their site. I hope this is only temporary as those were the only petticoats that I really liked from them and I was planning on purchasing a black one in each type. So sad if they don't bring them back.
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #90
Revelio
Photographer

I once bought their "Hime Wig" in Chocolate brown and when it arrived it was really wine red... they gave me my money back when I shipped it back to them, but when it arrived they said they'd actually sent me the Chocolate colour instead of the Wine red, so there had actually been no mistake. Point being... their idea of Chocolate is more chestnut. XD

Anything I've ever had them make for me has been great, though.
Revelio is offline   Reply With Quote