Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #2941
TR Rose
Meowing About

I just bought Ghost Trick this weekend! I've only played the first two chapters, but I love where this is going. I'm going to recommend it to all my PW-loving friends.

And I was so excited when I learned that they named the doggy Missile. :3
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #2942
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
I just bought Ghost Trick this weekend! I've only played the first two chapters, but I love where this is going. I'm going to recommend it to all my PW-loving friends.

And I was so excited when I learned that they named the doggy Missile. :3
I was happy that they named the dog Missile as well! There weren't really a lot of Phoenix Wright references in Ghost Trick either.

I could be wrong, but I think I heard that Shu Tamaki's dog is named Missile, and that's where the name comes from. I'll have to double check on that though.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #2943
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Co-worker let me borrow Ghost Trick so I will be playing that soon as well! Otherwise my DS has been getting some Dragon Quest V love. That game is so good. I got a good chunk into it a while back on my old laptop before it died, so now I will finally beat this game! I am still sort of playing SoulSilver but it pales in comparison to Dragon Quest so I lose interest pretty quick.

Today at work a very nice customer let me keep all of the PS1 games he brought to trade in but couldn't since GameStop doesn't take them. I am stoked. Some gems in the pile include Parasite Eve which I am playing now. I also got FF7 through FF9 (all black label, for you collectors here), Tactics, Anthology, and games like Resident Evil 1 through 3 and a bunch of other great ones. Wheeee!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #2944
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I double-checked the thing with Shu Takumi's dog. He has a Pomeranian seen here. I'm not sure if his dog's name is really Missile or not though, but Missile (from Ghost Trick) was definitely based on him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Today at work a very nice customer let me keep all of the PS1 games he brought to trade in but couldn't since GameStop doesn't take them. I am stoked. Some gems in the pile include Parasite Eve which I am playing now. I also got FF7 through FF9 (all black label, for you collectors here), Tactics, Anthology, and games like Resident Evil 1 through 3 and a bunch of other great ones. Wheeee!
Nice!!

Do you have a local non-Gamestop store near you? When I worked at Gamestop we'd have to direct people to the non-Gamestop game stores (there was one about 10 minutes down the road one way, and one about 15 down the road the other way) if they asked about PS1 games.

Also, I just noticed I don't own a legit copy of FF Anthology. I thought I did, but it was Chronicles (IV and chrono Trigger) that I was thinking of. Damn, I need to go fix that.
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #2945
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Nope. Around here there's really nothing else that I know of. 10 minutes up the freeway from my store (where I actually live) there's another GameStop. Haha.

Also that guy's pomeranian is adorable. *-*

I might decide against keeping Anthology since I already have FF5 & 6 on GBA. I will keep you updated.

Parasite Eve = a lot of fun. And really gruesome, dear god.

Unread 02-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #2946
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I double-checked the thing with Shu Takumi's dog. He has a Pomeranian seen here. I'm not sure if his dog's name is really Missile or not though, but Missile (from Ghost Trick) was definitely based on him!
That is the cutest dog ever.

WELCOME!!!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #2947
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

His one cat also looks kind of like Shoe (who I'm sure was named after Shu himself) from Justice for All.

I'm actually starting to realize just how much Shu Takumi must love animals.

Michi, is this your first time playing Parasite Eve? That game is amazing! I'm still waiting for 3rd Birthday... as I have been for several years now.
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #2948
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I double-checked the thing with Shu Takumi's dog. He has a Pomeranian seen here.
I totally sqee'd!!! SO CUTE! I sort of want to play Ghost Trick again now that I know the ending to see how that affects my take on other events.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Someone already mentioned how now it makes sense that Sissel can't read. And a lot of his comments to Missile - like about barking - take on new meaning once you know he's a cat. And the fact that the first time 10-year old Missile talks to him, he just took off - SO LIKE A CAT! So the second time Missile had to trick him. LOL!

I bit the bullet and restarted GS: Dark Dawn. -_-; I just have to have all the Djinni.

I had to go buy a new PS2 memory card this weekend. Started playing Beyond Good and Evil and then didn't have enough room to save it. -_-;
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #2949
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Michi, is this your first time playing Parasite Eve? That game is amazing! I'm still waiting for 3rd Birthday... as I have been for several years now.
Yeah. I didn't know anyone that had it, I don't think, and all my PS1 games were either from friends, presents, or ... uh, the occasional rental. I used my PS1 mostly for Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Chrono Cross, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, stuff like that. I didn't start branching out until I was playing stuff like Devil May Cry on PS2. Tangent but yeah, that is why!

Unread 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #2950
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I totally sqee'd!!! SO CUTE! I sort of want to play Ghost Trick again now that I know the ending to see how that affects my take on other events.

Someone already mentioned how now it makes sense that Sissel can't read. And a lot of his comments to Missile - like about barking - take on new meaning once you know he's a cat. And the fact that the first time 10-year old Missile talks to him, he just took off - SO LIKE A CAT! So the second time Missile had to trick him. LOL!

I want to replay it again too, and I finally got it back from my sister so I think I'll put aside 999 for now and replay Ghost Trick (and finish replaying the Phoenix Wright games).

TV tropes has a list of some of the hints at the ending under the foreshadowing section: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GhostTrick I thought of some other ones too, like when Missile and Sissel were both wondering "why people die when they hear that loud bang" regarding guns. They both had the same type of naivety throughout the whole game.
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #2951
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
...So...so so...so so so so...so so CUTE!!! *O*

Quote:
Do you have a local non-Gamestop store near you? When I worked at Gamestop we'd have to direct people to the non-Gamestop game stores (there was one about 10 minutes down the road one way, and one about 15 down the road the other way) if they asked about PS1 games.
I do. Whenever we get people who want to trade in PS1 or original Xbox games, we direct them to Toys 'n Joys, which is pretty much our biggest import shop.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #2952
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post

I do. Whenever we get people who want to trade in PS1 or original Xbox games, we direct them to Toys 'n Joys, which is pretty much our biggest import shop.
I have a game specialty store, which sells every type of console and the games. Their stuff can be a bit pricey, but they thoroughly test and refurbish everything so I'm willing to spend the extra money knowing that I'm getting a quality product. I trust these guys a lot when it comes to games.

I also have a music store that has about 5 or 6 locations in my area, but it's one of those things that's only in my area. All of their stores have a quadrant dedicated to games. They take any game or console, but they don't have a method of testing the games unless they happen to have that console, so sometimes they sell broken games. Their prices are sometimes really cheap, but sometimes they do weird things like sell older current-gen games (like Gears of War) for $60. Other times, they'll have multiple copies of the same product but each one will be a different price.

Then of course there's Gamestop, and there's, like, a billion of those around here. All the employees are cool though.
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2953
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Oh my god. A dog with the cuteness factor of a cat?!? THIS IS THE DIRTY BOMB OF THE ANIMAL WORLD!

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #2954
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Metroid other M in HARD mode.

I finally got that last item I couldn't get for months, unlocking the last gallery and hard mode made my day.

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #2955
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Baka Zaru View Post
Metroid other M in HARD mode.

I finally got that last item I couldn't get for months, unlocking the last gallery and hard mode made my day.
I thought getting through Other M with the audio one was hard mode?

That being said, it's been MvC3 and P3P as usually, although I ended up buying Scurge for the DS for like $10 buck new at Gamestop. It's like a knock off Metroid, but in a good way.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote