Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1429 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #1936
ODP!
Part of your world

Name of Commissioner: Miko Simons/ Luck In Spades

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/2824/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Rapunzel from Tangled

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Belle:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2649497/

Rapunzel:
http://www.facebook.com/aoife.kirby#...529879&theater
(Sorry for the linking, Kit! I haven't uploaded any of her here yet...><; )

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Belle- requested in late April/ early May and picked up late July.

Rapunzel- Requested in early december, picked up early January.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I cannot say enough kind things about Miko. Not only did I gain two beautiful Princess gowns from her, but I can honestly say I feel like I gained a friend, too. Miko is SO willing to work with you, making sure your costume is exactly how you had imagined. I did not hear a single complaint from her even during my biggest pain in the butt moments. She works very quickly, and her work is simply beautiful. I'm very impressed with the amount of detail and love in all of her creations. Even when something went wrong with my Belle dress, she was quick to offer to mend it free of charge.
I HIGHLY reccomend her, she's become sort of a Fairy Godmother for all of my Princess friends! So many of us have commissioned her, and I would definitely commission her again. If you take a moment to look through her gallery, you'll see why!

Final Grade:
A+
If I could go higher, I would.
Rapunzel (Lunatia)
Belle(Lunatia)
Snow White(Lunatia)
Jasmine(Miku Star)
Esmeralda (Miku Star)
Princess Daisy(Miku Star)
Secret Costume (Miku Star)
Halloween Town Sora(Rika Riona)
Peter Pan (Rika Riona)
Songstress Rikku (Rika Riona)

Wendy Darling(Aerithia)
Alice (Aerithia)

Coming up:
AX
Comic Con
D23
ODP! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #1937
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

The good news is the front page posts are updating again, and everyone left off the list last week has been added ^^
The bad news is I'm getting an error whenever I try to add new listings to the first half of the Merchant Review section, so the Damsel in this Dress and CosplayEyes reviews aren't up yet.

For those of you following along at home who remember Admin promising us character-limitless posts on our first page ages and ages ago, I sent off a PM last week assuring him it would still be appreciated, so I guess now we're waiting again ^^;
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #1938
TwinBEE

Angry Worst Cosplay Experience EVER

Name of Commissioner: CelestialShadow/Phantom Legacy
Characters commissioned: Miura Azusa & Amami Haruka from THE IDOLM@STER
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:

Azusa
The first couple photos are from the seamstress and the rest photos I took of the product I received.
Cosplay Full
Pencil skirt

Zipper: The zipper wasn't sewn on properly and the stiches were falling off.
Stitching Outside #1: The stitching was very lazy/messy! It looks awful and is noticeable when the cosplay is worn. This mistake is on Haruka's outfit as well.
Stitching Outside #2: It seems like this cut/crease thing was part of the fabric before hand. It would of been nice if she could have at least not used that piece.
Stitching Outside #3: She measured wrong and just folded the fabric over and started with a new piece. Really?
Sewing: The lining was very lazily and badly sewn. It looks like it could just fall apart. BTW, the messy hand stitching with white thread at the top is my friend's who was trying to fix it with very little knowledge of sewing. Yes, he did fix the problem somewhat.
Sewing #2: The lining is just awfully sewn.
Stitching Inside: The stitching on the inside is again really messy and fragile. It was already falling apart.
Zipper's Stitching: The zipper was sewn on poorly and came stained (luckily the stain isn't visible from the outside).
Belt Buckle: The belt buckles was painted very crudely. There were even hairs that were painted into it!
Skirt Stain: There was a stain on the front of skirt that was very visible.
Stain: There was a stain on the very tip of the corner of the top which was, again, visible (although smaller than the other one).

Haruka
Cosplay Full
Back
Skirt Cape

Skirt: The skirt wasn't even hemmed! It also had a large sticky stain that we were unable to remove
Skirt's Stitching: The stitching is very messy and the choice of thread looks very amateur. If it's a white skirt, why use bright, dark red thread? It is visible when worn.
Skirt's Zipper (or lack of one): This was awful. It had little buckles on it that easily came apart. Twice during the weekend, it practically fell off of me, and I luckily just caught it in time!!
Ribbons: We actually had to remake these. They were quickly sewn together and were already falling apart when we got them. The little clips that were attached to them didn't help keep them in my hair at all.
Waist Ribbon: It was supposed to be much thicker, not just a thin ribbon. It just looks silly and weird. It was also just sewn in one little spot in the middle of the ribbon, which made it start to rip the ribbon to shreds and eventually fell off, all frayed.
Random Multi-coloured Threads: These were sewn into the costume's stitching in various areas... Why?
Weird Threads: These were strangely inside many parts of the cosplay.... They were visible when worn.
Straps: They were poorly made (not centered to the shirt) and were not cut properly so they poked out very far on the inside.
Gluing: She glued ribbon to the skirt in order to hide some messy work, but it ended up breaking apart and coming off, making it even messier.
Fur Trimming: Was never closed properly and you could see into it when it was worn from just a straight on view. Lots of other areas with fur were also never attached properly.
Large Bow: Was never sewn together on the back or even hemmed...

Timeline: I had first contacted her and received a reply on March 19, 2010. I then sent her the measurements on March 24, but couldn't send her the 50% deposit because I was trying to get my Paypal account set-up and it just wasn't working. However, because I was worried about if I might have messed up the measurements, I thought that maybe meeting up at a con we were both going to going to would be best. I gave her my number, but she wasn't able to phone me and never met up. That's when it started to go bad.

On April 14, she mailed me asking if we were still interested. I told her yes, but I was still in the process of getting paypal to work (I tried multiple times which takes days to do). I ended up using my father's Paypal account and began to transfer (it takes time as you know) her the $300 (the 50% deposit) on April 24. Four days later, I got an e-mail from her
saying that she was rejecting our commission requests because she "had given the time slots for june away to another buyer who paid in full for their costumes".

I asked her to reconsider, and she did, although she said that she had two other projects due in June and July as well. I needed my costumes for August and we both thought this would be no problem, as she said that she would have July to work on them. On May 5th the $300 deposit was transfered, and on June 1st I sent her a mail reminded her that I would be away from the computer for 3 weeks (we were doing a homestay in Japan) and that I'd send her the remaining $300 before I left (it was transfered to her on the 5th and earlier than she needed). On June 8th she said that she'd have it shipped on July 16th.

On July 14th, she said that she had another commissioner push the due date back on her commission a week and that she'd rush her commission and mine would be shipped a couple days later. On June 27th, she sent me a mail that she "fell a little behind because of the last customer so now she is rushing (mine) to get caught up" and that she'd send it by EMS the following Monday (it should've taken 5 - 7 days she said). I sent her a reply right away saying that I was concerned because Canadian customs takes longer than the US's and that I needed more time to prep my cosplay before my event. I suggested overnight shipping, but by the time she read my mail it was too late.

By that point I was more than worried because I hadn't even received any progress photos, so I requested some. I got a few photos right before they were shipped out by EMS on June 29th. However, the cosplay got to our house 4 days before the con! I was lucky it made it in time, but there was too much work to be done.

Describe your Experience: Besides the shipping nightmare and the lack of communication, it was even worse. I ended up paying $600 for her to make these half-assed costumes, and then had to pay another $100 for some alterations at a local seamstress to make it look mediocre!

On Azusa's costume, it had arrived with awkwardly short "sleeves", when it was clearly sleeveless. I had to get it altered to fix that. Haruka's skirt didn't have pleats when it clearly does, so we had to get that fixed as well. The gloves that had came with Azusa were too short and shiny so I had to replace those as well, as well as the hair ribbons and neck ribbon, waist ribbon, etc. There were so many alterations done I can't remember them all. Even after trying to fix it up, it still looked awful.

One thing that bugged me quite a bit as well was the fact that there was this weird pink trim all around the sides of the costume. Nowhere in the illustrations is there any suggestion of such, so I don't understand why she didn't just fold it and hem it.

Overall, this whole situation boils me. I spent $700+ on a cosplay that looks awful. It is a fairly easy to make cosplay and shouldn't really cost that much, however I wanted professional quality. I wanted it to look perfect like other cosplays I've ordered from KISS and Cospatio, so I was willing to pay a lot for it.

This has been the worst experience I've had with cosplay ever (and I've almost had a pad slip from my bra and fall from my shirt during a panel and live broadcast!). It has made me really question cosplay and made me a lot more cynical towards the hobby. It's only recently that I've felt like I should address this issue and get back into cosplay. What bothers me the most about this situation is not the crappy cosplay I was sent (and I know that I will never get a refund), is that I though I could trust her, that we were the same kind of cosplayer (we were both willing to spend as much necessary to have a costume looking perfect). This has really taking away the love I have had for cosplay in a way. I would never ever go back to her. From now on, I'm only going to stick with actual companies or make my own.

Final Grade: F-. More than horrible experience.
TwinBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #1939
Stephishness

Name of Commissioner:Cameo Armstrong/ Persephone Nu, Formerly MidnightCognito, as far as I can tell.
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Entire costume of Gale/Wizard from Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never got the thing.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): It took a while just to get things going. Measurements took even longer, because she had to lead us through them. Contracts for it and everything were made for this commission. She later told us that should would not be able to finish it in time because she got pregnant and had doctor appointments and such to go to. As far as I know, sewing when you are just barely preggers shouldn't be that hard, but I let it go. She asked when my next con was so she could get it to me then, and I messaged her saying I wanted it asap because I wanted it and I wasn't going to wait. I never got an answer back.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This girl seems very nice. don't be deceived, the contracts and forms and such are just to cover the fact you will probably never get your costume. The large amounts of measuring she makes you do is probably a cover for that also. If I get my costume, I will likely tell what went on, but that doesn't look like it'll happen.
Final Grade:F---------- (x100) D:
Stephishness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #1940
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBEE View Post
Talk about a tough customer!

You got two useable costumes in time for your event that look perfectly fine unless you turn them inside out and examine them with a magnifying glass... and even then I see nothing much to rate "horrible" about the photos you've posted (the zipper mistake and the unfinished bow would irk me, but I'd also just ask for them to be replaced after I tacked them down and wore them at the event... which I think Celeste would have done... she's done it for me before).

My issue is that your primary complaint seems to be they aren't as nicely done as factory-work on industrial machines from two of the most expensive brand-name boutiques in Japan...

Celeste lives in an apartment and sews on a table or chair while sitting on the floor... she hasn't got any assistants or employees. She doesn't have a dedicated factory providing her with cheap fabrics in bulk. And she generally doesn't charge $500-200,000 a costume (like Cospatio does).

"Comissioner in Japan" does not equal high end brand-name botique.

Sorry, but going to have to say you're being too hard on her with that F.
To you own admission, she delivered the item on time, responded to your concerns in a timely manner and made all sorts of allowances you asked for without charging you any extra. Surely that alone counts for part of a commission review...

Also, from the sound of it, you didn't pay $700 for "a cosplay" -- you paid $600 for TWO costumes with EMS shipping from Japan included in that price... then you paid someone else $100 for alterations. Run that through an exchange calculator and compare it to the quote you get on two commissions from Cospatio ^^;

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 02-27-2011 at 06:03 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #1941
Eleksin
Eleksin

I have to agree with Kiratsukai. You are being way too harsh for her to deserve a F. Those costumes are decent and wearable and, from the shots you provided that shows the whole thing, pretty damn good. You are being really nitpicky on the small things that can probably be fixed pretty easily on you part. You knew she gave out the slot to another customer who paid in full and you knew she was taking an overload when she accepted your commission. Hence she would be a bit rushed and overwhelmed. You knew this and still commissioned her anyway. At the least she deserves a C.
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #1942
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephishness View Post
As far as I know, sewing when you are just barely preggers shouldn't be that hard, but I let it go.
Actually, the first trimester is the hardest. You literally have no energy. I personally had to stop all commission work immediately when I was in my first trimester. You wouldn't believe how much is taken out of you. All you want to do is sleep, sleep, sleep. Plus, you feel absolutely sick, hormones are flying... you're crying all the time... blah blah blah. I know right now you prob can't imagine what no energy would mean... even I scoffed at the thought of the first trimester being so difficult until is happened to me.

Just a small tidbit of pregnancy information.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #1943
CelestialShadow

Reply to Twinbees post

Quote:
Hello this is Said commissioner who was reviewed in that post and in my defense this customer never ONCE tried to contact me after her costume was received. I would have been happy to accomodate her for what she felt was a poor quality costume by either giving her a partial refund or remaking the parts she did not like.

Since I heard nothing from her after the costume was shipped out I could only assume that everything was to her standards, she went to her event and had a great time.

There was nothing on my add or in my contract with her that stated she could not contact me for help and in my final email to her I clearly stated that if she had any questions or concerns she could contact me.

Because the costumes were delivered to her almost a year old (I made those costumes for her mid 2010) there is not even a paper trail left for me to do anything to help her. I only maintain emails for 3 months and then I delete them and Paypal no longer has a record of our transaction together due to how long ago this was done.

Thank you everyone who rallied to my defense on this matter, I do apologize to the buyer for this but as one poster above mentioned, I am not a factory and the prices I charged her for the costumes were in my opinion very fair for what she received.

I will not ask the buyer to revise her review. If she really feels that I deserve an F then that is her right and as a Commissioner I have to learn from the experience but I do feel that it was a bit unfair. I sent her plenty of final photos of everything and some of the details she mentioned above that she did not like are clearly seen in the final photos.

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com

Last edited by CelestialShadow : 02-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:38 AM   #1944
Masonkun
Superbadass

errr

Last edited by Masonkun : 02-28-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Masonkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #1945
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Please be warned, this is a long review. This is not even half of what I had to deal with.
Name of Commissioner: Aneris/Ashley Davis
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/22026/
www.kosupure.deviantart.com
www.aneris.deviantart.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Yoko from Gurren Lagann
Felicia from Darkstalkers
Felicia Hardy Blackcat
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Please be warned…there are over 40 pictures:
http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/...20Commissions/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Due date was August 27th, never got one cosplay, the other was unfinished and of horrible beginner quality work
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: My experience started out great, or so I thought. Little did I know I was about to be scammed.

She was very nice, reasonably priced, and offered many photos of her work. She had reviews on several different sites such as eBay, Etsy, etc. I did notice she had more feedback on buying items rather than selling them. After digging around and not finding much, I waited several months and decided to give her a try. I only ordered commissioned costumes that she had supposed experience making. I was to receive exact replicas of what she showed me. My cosplay was a rush commission, but she said she had no other commissions to do at that current time, so her focus would be on me. Anyways, communication was great…until I sent money. I asked for progress photos and nothing. I received responses every few days, but they were very short saying pictures tomorrow or not having enough time to take them. She then received a wig or two so she could get started on my wigs. Great. She sent photos of the wigs that came in the mail. Everything seemed to check out. As the week passed, I ordered some boots and sent them to her for my Yoko cosplay. After sending them, I heard nothing. After not hearing from her, I decided not to send her any of my Felicia Hardy cosplay for her to sew the fur on. I sent multiple e-mails. My due date was now a week away and I had seen no progress photos.

After she disappeared again, she missed my due date and I did not have any cosplays for my convention. First due date was the 27th. I kept e-mailing every day saying if she sent it that day it would still make it in time. I never received a reply. She also promised she’d at least send Yoko out first since it would be easy for her than my others. Nothing came. She finally said that she did not have enough money to finish my costumes. She asked for more money to finish the costumes. More money? At first, I thought about sending her a bit more because it was a good deal, but after thinking about it, I decided that was the worst idea ever. NEVER send MORE money. If the commissioner doesn’t price you correctly, that’s their own fault. Anyways, she said she had no money to finish them, no money to ship them, and she wasn’t finished with either. She said she would even offer me a partial refund for missing my due date. I decided to give her more time. I missed my convention anyways. I set another due date…it too was missed, and then another. After asking in the forums about her again, someone finally came forward. Then several more. They all claimed they were either scammed or got poor quality commissions. Uh-oh. I was being told she would send items and they would magically get lost in the mail. Also, I found out that she tried to use another customer’s shoes that she had sent her for my cosplay. I also found out that these shoes were supposedly lost in the mail, along with this girl’s Morrigan cosplay. Interesting enough, Aneris/Ashley was trying to sell this girl’s cosplay on this very site (as well as DeviantArt and Etsy). At that point, I demanded photos of my commissions. I wantedm the dated and time stamped, her in the photo, and a photo of what all she had done. She admitted Felicia was not finished. I began to tell her that I was filing with PayPal because I had received nothing and it was over a month and a half and I still had nothing though being promised things. I did not even have photos. Finally, she sent photos of “my products.“ Yoko wasn’t finished either. Also, pieces of Yoko were missing. Her excuse was she was moving, she didn’t have a phone, she didn’t have the internet, and she didn’t have a car so she couldn’t drive anywhere that might have the internet -- like the library. I wanted to believe she just had too much on her plate. I wanted to believe that she was a nice girl. After doing much research, I found this to be a complete lie. She was posting on another site in a forum on the exact days she claims she had no way to check her e-mail or anything else. I was very flexible, extremely forgiving, and very civil. I never wanted to believe she was a bad person, but after the mess of lies she told it’s hard to think anything else.

After many e-mails of asking her to send the items finished or not, she agreed, but still nothing came. I decided to file with PayPal, but the claim was instantly denied because it was passed the allowed 45 days. I then decided to file with my bank. After telling her this, she decided to comply with some of my requests. She was to send the items priority mail with insurance and a delivery confirmation and pay an agreed upon refund all by Sunday. When Sunday rolled around, she messages me and tells me she cannot give my refund because she didn’t end up getting paid. She agrees to ship the items, but I was still filing with my bank. I filed with my bank Monday and she shipped my items Sunday. They were to arrive Wednesday. They didn’t. When I messaged her about it and asked what address she sent it to, she typed it and it was the wrong address. I was pretty annoyed at this point, but I was still one step ahead of her. I called the post office and had the packages redirected to me. I have reason to believe she sent the packages to the wrong address on purpose. That way, I never got them because she knew when I did, I’d be livid. Please refer to the above photos of the mess that I received. Yoko is a black material cosplay…it was sewn in blue thread. Yoko’s skull clip isn’t even a clip, it’s a safety pin and the paint is blue, not black. She did a horrible job painting the boots and cut them. She completely ruined them. She didn’t even paint red flames on them. There is hot glue all over the cosplay. The bikini top isn’t even lined. Not to mention, it’s not the right size. Take a look at the bikini strings on the cosplay she was supposedly sending. Do you notice that the top has twine like strings? Mine sure doesn’t. It’s a shoe lace type material on top and some satin thin garbage on the bottom string. There’s no way it will hold me. The shorts are a disgrace. They even have a hole. The belt isn’t new…see where it has been pulled because it’s been worn? Also, she told me the studs were glued on by hand. Look at the back. They go threw the belt and clasp on. Look at the poor craftsmanship all around strings everywhere. Look at my glove. My hand won’t fit because my fingers won’t go through. I have small hands. Do you notice that in the picture of what I was to receive that her fingers go through? How? Because it’s not the product she sent, that’s how. The chopsticks…they are eating chopsticks that are painted horribly and not even the right color. You can see where she broke them. The skull is just a mess in itself. There were no Yoko socks. Take a look at the scarf. Notice in the first photo she sent, she photoshops the picture to make the scarf appear it is striped all the way around. It isn’t. I pointed it out and she said she had no idea it was striped all the way around. What? She has claimed to do Yoko commissions multiple times. Not to mention my reference photos had the scarf striped all the way around. Also, the supposed commissioned photos of other Yoko costumes she had were striped all the way around. Then when she sent me a site to show me about Yoko’s wig, that had Yoko’s scarf striped all the way around. Makeup was on the scarf as well. I didn’t try it on because I had a feeling it was made for someone else and was sent back. I was told that someone commissioned a Yoko and received one that had the same type strings holding the bikini top and that glue was all over it. They apparently shipped it back. None of Felicia was done, except the wig, which I was missing a wig from. The wig is trashed. Yoko’s wig is horrible. She didn’t even make a ponytail. Just put a clip through the wig and called it a pony tail. It wasn’t styled at all. I have a hunch these aren’t new wigs, but old wigs of hers. I could be wrong about that though. After my packages arrived and I called her out on her shoddy craftsmanship, she deleted her e-mail, deleted her two DeviantArt pages, deleted her MySpace, and several other pages. Interestingly enough, the name on the PayPal account I paid money to was not the name she told me her’s was. It was a different name -- Jennifer. She begged me not to get this Jennifer involved, but that was my bank’s choice. I did get my money back from my bank.

Please be careful. She is still on this site and still approaching people in the Marketplace that are looking to have a costume commissioned. I have since found out that her actual PayPal account was linked to illegal actions and that is why she used someone else’s. Also, she is linked to a known scammer on this site and other sites. Please be warned. She uses over five different e-mails and is linked to multiple names.

Final Grade: F (if I could give a lower grade, I would)
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #1946
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonkun View Post
errr
*headpat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
*really ugly wigs*
May I ask what you paid for those or is it still too painful to recount? ^^;;;

That Felicia wig looks like it was sent through a tumble dryer O-o;

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 02-28-2011 at 08:07 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #1947
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Wow, want to thank you guys for handling this all so well and not turning the thread into a cat-fight, particularly the two parties involved personally.

Thread is updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #1948
thoetmosis

Name of Merchant: Cosmonde
Items Purchased: Sebastian Michaelis Wig + Grell Sutcliff Wig
Photos: no pictures, still have to style it ^^
Timeline: Bought on February 15th, shipped the day after and arrived March 1st
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I'm going to cosplay Sebastian Michaelis and therefore i needed a black wig And my best friend is going to cosplay Grell Sutcliff, so we decided to order them together.
I looked around on the internet for a nice wig, and people on several cosplay forums advised me to go with Cosmonde, since they told me that they have great-quality wigs.
I looked them up on Ebay, and after the good feedback on their account i decided to give it a go ^^

Pros: The seller is really kind, i asked her several questions before i bought the wigs, because it was my first wig etc and i wanted to know some stuff :P She always answered very quick, and i was surprised because most Chinese sellers (sorry for the stereotype) aren't exactly like that SO she really beat that one ! She even included the blue Phantomhive ring in the purchase, as i requested (eventhough it is not sold with any of the wigs).
Both wigs were also shipped quite fast, with lovely little Kuroshitsuji presents
The wigs are great quality, and there's nothing bad to mention about them actually ^^

Cons: None

Comments: She (Cosmonde) really made me feel at ease during and after the purchase, and she fulfilled my expectations I will definiately buy from her again (read: Sebastian + Grell costume). Recommended Ebay-seller ^^

Final grade: A++
thoetmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #1949
A. Saboteur
What do you require?

Name of Commissioner: Buster Cleveland

Main - http://bustercleveland.blogspot.com
Flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/52960580@N02/
Coscom gallery - http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a179471/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Prop - Stun Rod from X-Com: UFO Defense (a/k/a UFO: Enemy Unknown), to be used as part of my X-Com Soldier costume.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2863307/
(There are also pictures of it from initial cutting and shaping through to final detailing and clearcoat in the photostream linked above, though you might have to jump back a page or two to find them.)

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Initial contact was in late September, mainly for a price quote and initial discussion; due to circumstances beyond our control, however, construction of the prop was delayed until January 2011.

The prop was completed in February and received in early March (yesterday, as a matter of fact).

Describe your Experience.

As some of you may know, I've been working on making a uniform based on those from the first game in the X-Com series. One of the things I wanted for this costume was a Stun Rod prop, as no well-equipped X-Com soldier is without one (all the better for taking those pesky aliens alive for interrogation, don'tchaknow).

After doing some research and asking a few questions, I settled on Buster Cleveland as my final choice due to his experience and the positive reviews of his work that I'd read.

I first contacted Buster Cleveland in late September 2010 for a quote on the cost of constructing the prop; the price he quoted me seemed to be a reasonable one for the skill and attention to detail displayed on props he'd made for other people, so during October we worked on research and discussed certain details of the design.

Most of the details were hashed out by the end of October, and I attempted to send him an initial payment in early November. However, due to certain irregularities at both my local post office and the one on Buster Cleveland's end, the aforementioned initial payment was returned to me in late December, with the envelope marked "Return To Sender: Unclaimed". (We both have our suspicions as to what was going on, at least at his end. At my end, it was a simple procedural error.)

During the two months that the initial payment spent in limbo, we discussed both our worries about what might have happened to it and other, finer details of constructing the prop. With those details hashed out, I re-sent the initial payment in early January, and this time it got through.

Prop construction began on January 9th, and the prop was completed by February 20th (with occasional chitchat and banter between us during the construction phase). The second payment was mailed out on February 22nd, the prop was shipped on the 28th, and I received it yesterday.

Pros: Pleasant to work with, did an excellent job making the prop despite the lack of decent reference pictures (we were only able to find two: an in-game representation of the weapon and an artists' rendition), very patient when dealing with the postal shenanigans, and overall a fun guy to work with.

Cons: The aforementioned postal shenanigans - we both did more than a little worrying about what might have happened to the initial payment when he didn't receive it the first time around.

Final Grade: I feel that Buster Cleveland deserves an A+ for this project - he did an excellent job with the prop and was very pleasant to work with, despite having to deal with various shenanigans on the part of his local post office.

"Send me the best you've got, send me your strongest machine!
The fight my brother fought, here - now - will end with me!
Is this the best you've got? Is this your strongest machine?
Now with one powershot, you'll see what vengeance means!"
--Mega Man, "Vengeance"
The Protomen: Act I - The Protomen (a/k/a The Sons of Fate)
A. Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #1950
doxiequeen1

Name of Commissioner: 2010fancygift (ebay)

Website/C.com gallery:[ http://shop.ebay.com/2010fancygift/m.html

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Just the purse.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Photo shown in add, Received item

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I won the auction on February 21st, paid through paypal that same night, and it arrived today, March 3rd. (10 days earlier then it estimated!)

Pros: The closure is metal, not plastic! It's really sturdy and well sewn, all the sequins are sewn on with invisible thread so it looks REALLY good. The bow is really thick and firm, it's not going to flatten or anything like that, which I really like. Their aren't any loose threads. It looks identical to the picture, colors, design, size, everything.

Cons: The lining is ugly XD But I knew that from the start. It is high quality lining (a very nice cotton) but it's an ugly floral print. The bow is hot glued on, but the glue is barley visible and really sturdy, so at least the bow won't be coming off...It's not really a problem, I just wish it was sewed. Not that for $4 I can complain XD

Comments: They emailed me saying customs was going through problems and shipping might be slowed, but if I had a dead line they would upgrade my shipping. I thought this was really nice of them, but my deadline is still 6 weeks away so I declined their kind offer XD They also didn't send me a tracking number :| So it just showed up..but it's a $4 item so I wasn't going to be anal about tracking it, but tracking numbers are always nice.

But in the end the item is GORGEOUS, identical to pictures, really sturdy, and all for an amazingly cheap price. I plan to order a bunch more of their clutches sometime soon, they are just so cute!

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by doxiequeen1 : 03-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote