Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #61
ShadowYin-Yang
JRPG Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleiki View Post
There are lots of women who do this. Many of them are trans, so they're identifying as men: so naturally they'd want their breasts to be invisible. If you've got a safe binder, there shouldn't be any problem. Wearing a sports bra most definitely wouldn't be a problem.
Thank you~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
@ShadowYin-Yang, The problem is that you *can* lose elasticity in your breasts if you bind every day. It's up to you if that would be bad or not. This means sagging and not able to hold their shape as well (something that happens naturally with age, too).

I would speak to a doctor about it, especially if you're not transsexual.

Wearing a sports' bra - where it doesn't compress so much as hold in place is likely harmless.

However, have you considered "wireless" bras ? I find sports' bras don't offer enough support (unless they're very tight - bringing you back to the "binding every day" issues), but many "wireless" ones are just as comfortable (if not more so) and offer more in the way of support. I would never wear an underwire every day - "wireless" bras are great and really comfortable if that's what you're looking for.
I know I'm gonna sound stupid for asking...but what exactly IS the breast elasticity? I can only assume based on what I googled but I think I need more of an explanation>.< Does it mean I'll sag more early for my age?

I never tried wireless bras but I'll look into it. Thanks for the info!!
ShadowYin-Yang is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #62
Dollsce
Dolce Dolls

Yay, thank you~

I'm probably going to purchase from T-Kingdom. If I do, I'll be sure to post some before/after pictures :3

Future stuff:

Cos&Effect2011:

Miku Hatsune }Camellia{

Halloween2011
Allen Walker }Original{

Dollsce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #63
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Wow pltshp, that worked out extremely well. You look FLAT!
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #64
Chaletica
[laughs]

I'm considering buying a binder, but then I found someone had written on the net that they had made their own binder... by getting very stretchy fabric, and putting this around your upper body, enough to bind but still be comfortable and making you able to breath. Then, sew this together. Would this be okay to use, and what fabric would be best for this?

Last edited by Chaletica : 03-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #65
Kelley
Devil of Details

@ShadowYin-Yang, yeah - and to a more extreme degree if you really, really go at it. I would talk to a doctor, because there's more than just fat in them.

@Chaletica, I wouldn't think it would be "worth it". The kind of fabric you can stretch will not really compress you very much unless you use a bunch of layers - and it's going to cost a bit to get all that, it will be bulkier and less for comfortable.

If you absolutely couldn't order a binder - sure, it might do something, but I wouldn't expect it to be any more effective than a sports' bra - if anything, the fabric you'd be getting would probably be *less* effective.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:09 AM   #66
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Just a question... which binder do you suggest for someone like me? I'm a B-cup, but i have oddly firm boobs :I When i tried my friend's binder, it didn't work DX

So... any ideas? ;A;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #67
Kelley
Devil of Details

Do you know which binder she had, that you tried ?

What size was it compared to your measurements ?
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #68
Number15

Oh my gosh, I just bought the tri-top (I am a DD) and it works amazingly! I can get it on in a minute or two, its comfortable, and it just looks great. It rolls up just a tiny bit, but its not bothersome at all.

I'll post some pictures when I get my cosplay together and post them here~
Current Weight: 268lbs
First Goal: 230lbs
Second Goad: 180lbs
Third Goal: 150lbs
Number15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #69
Ichigo Knight

I'm a 12 C, and I was wondering if there was any other ways of getting relatively flat, without buying the tri-top binder? I would buy it if absolutely necessary, but I'm rather short on funds right now, so I'd rather look for other ways
Ichigo Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #70
shattered-vase

I was thinking of buying this for crossplaying- does anyone know how well it works/etc.? I've read a bunch of reviews on the internet saying that it tends to be very comfortable and easy to breathe in while working pretty well, but I'd appreciate more references if anyone has them, particularly on whether or not it will affect people with asthma.
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #71
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered-vase View Post
I was thinking of buying this for crossplaying- does anyone know how well it works/etc.? I've read a bunch of reviews on the internet saying that it tends to be very comfortable and easy to breathe in while working pretty well, but I'd appreciate more references if anyone has them, particularly on whether or not it will affect people with asthma.
go with something from underworks, not t-kingdom if you have asthma... or even if you dont... I haven't tried THAT particular one but at $51 US, its already more then the amazing tri-top even without shipping... for something that might work the SAME as the tri-top... seriously the tri-top is the most amazing thing... I dont know why someone would get anything else... is so easy to breathe in I forget its even on... its much easier to breathe in then my t-kingdom one and binds 1000000 times better!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #72
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Do you know which binder she had, that you tried ?

What size was it compared to your measurements ?
She had one of the Underworks binders. Not the tri top, but one that was longer. I don't know what size she had, but she's significantly larger than I am (and it was WAY too small on her, to the point she couldn't breathe). It fit over onto me nicely, but really didn't give me the results on binding I wanted. I assume it was a size too big for me, and about two sizes too small for her.

I know for a fact I have firm boobs, though. The best binding I've ever gotten, really, was with duct tape using the open shirt binding. And with a lot of tape. But as you all know, duct tape isn't fun to take off. But it did go absurdly well, as you can see in this pic of me flashing the camera: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...612 196_n.jpg But duct tape is something I'd never like to use unless I have to (as in, open shirt binding), so... compression vest is a want.

I'd just need a compression vest that does some intense binding. I just know for a fact my boobs are insanely firm :I Like, boob rocks. And I'm picky and would want as little pecs as possible XD;;

I'm really looking at this one based on good reviews: http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=124 But I'm not sure.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #73
Veriun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered-vase View Post

I have that exact binder, and I can say that it works - to an extent. It's very comfortable (to be honest I forgot I had it on after a while, and it felt wrong taking it off... XD I certainly had no problems whatsoever breathing in it, though I don't have asthma so I can't say much there) and easy to get on and off... but I would not recommend it for anyone above A - small B at the largest, because it simply doesn't bind well enough for that. If you're larger than an A, go with Underworks.

This is the first binder I've ever tried, mind, so I can't say how flat a good binder's supposed to make you, but I'm satisfied with my 801. *Hugs it*
Veriun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #74
Kelley
Devil of Details

@Ichigo Knight, I would save up for the tri-top. You could try the elastic method - making SURE to bind in a K-pattern, not just "around". This is very important for proportionally large or firm breasts - otherwise you're constricting your rib-cage too much to get the pressure needed.

But for how much that will cost you and how annoying it is to make, you might consider saving up.

@shattered-vase, I have asthma and use the tri-top. T-Kingdom is overpriced and not nearly as effective, and only works well on breasts that don't require much pressure to bind.

@Axelai, the right size will make a huge difference. I've tried on a friend's binder that was too big and it just hung off me - the one in my size is completely different and works.

I would get the tri-top. It's the most effective binder on the market, that I've found. I'd love to know more about the one you've linked to - but it's much more expensive than the tri-top, which is PROVEN to work on large and firm breasts. Just make sure you measure the right way - over fullest part of bust added to the measure of your rib-cage under your breasts divided by two.
Unread 03-12-2011, 03:22 AM   #75
Ichigo Knight

Quote:

How-to and before and after pictures => http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2082812/
This link's not working D:
Ichigo Knight is offline   Reply With Quote