Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #46
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

My fiance and I might be doing Merrill and Anders when we have the money I love Merrill, she is adorable!
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #47
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Oh, and would anyone happen to have or be able to get screenshots of Merrill and Anders for me? I would be forever grateful!
Unread 03-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #48
Bhutas

Hey~! This is quiescent's buddy who was bullied-- I mean... conviced into cosplaying as Fenris. She wanted me to join the forum so I could ask my own damn questions and spread the Dragon Age taint, so here I am!

Anyways, I've slooowly started to build his stupididly complicated outfit, but I'm a full time University student so I only really work on the weekends. As of now, the only thing I am confident about is my man make-up skills xD So we'll see how this cosplay turns out!

Also, I met both hmwsg x and Palaven at Pure Spec, so hello to you guys again! I was quiescent's friend who acted as her security blanket the entire weekend. You know, made sure she didn't run into walls, trip down the stairs... fall into a hole.

Last edited by Bhutas : 03-11-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #49
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Good luck with Fenris! His costume looks pretty difficult!
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #50
Palaven
I like big boats.

I'm not being stupid and I'm starting early on a costume for once. I think aside from the chainmail-ey parts, I'm going to try to raid a Value Village for materials. I want to start on the staff first, but I have had problems with making a prop and then never making the costume for it to go with, haha.

@ Lissiekun ] - Welcome! I'm raiding the web for Merrill screens for my own costume, if I can find some Anders' too, I'll send them your way.

@ Bhutas ] - I was hoping it was you when Quie mentioned a friend doing a costume, haha. I couldn't imagine balancing school and costumes! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine though!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #51
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post
Good luck with Fenris! His costume looks pretty difficult!
Haha, it is pretty difficult. Everytime I think I have it figured out, he moves a little and the angle changes and suddenly I see something new. Also, I've been romancing him with my male rogue of witty sarcastic manly-ness, and as the romance progresses he suddenly has NEW things on him-- like red fabric around his wrist and a little pouch with the Hawke family crest on it. I think video game creators like to make the most crazy designs to torture us cosplayers, sometimes...

By the way, anyone else getting their romance option all dolled up as the romance progresses?

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #52
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutas View Post
Haha, it is pretty difficult. Everytime I think I have it figured out, he moves a little and the angle changes and suddenly I see something new. Also, I've been romancing him with my male rogue of witty sarcastic manly-ness, and as the romance progresses he suddenly has NEW things on him-- like red fabric around his wrist and a little pouch with the Hawke family crest on it. I think video game creators like to make the most crazy designs to torture us cosplayers, sometimes...

By the way, anyone else getting their romance option all dolled up as the romance progresses?
Oh my god what ;-; Anders isn't dressing up for me! Also, it seems like everyone is playing Gay Hawke. Which I approve, mine is Freddie Mercury :3 How far along are you (oh god avoid spoilers) past "Act 2?" Maybe thats when Anders will dress up.. I have no idea how many acts are in this game, and I'm feeling despair that I won't finish the game by this weekend

I'll try getting screen shots of Anders, too, since he is in my party all the time :3
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #53
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

I got Anders' robes to change color at one point but I didn't notice any other differences. Or maybe I just didn't notice.
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #54
Bhutas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post
Oh my god what ;-; Anders isn't dressing up for me! Also, it seems like everyone is playing Gay Hawke. Which I approve, mine is Freddie Mercury :3 How far along are you (oh god avoid spoilers) past "Act 2?" Maybe thats when Anders will dress up.. I have no idea how many acts are in this game, and I'm feeling despair that I won't finish the game by this weekend

I'll try getting screen shots of Anders, too, since he is in my party all the time :3
Gay Hawke is the best Hawke, yo. I think the game knew that my man was into other men, concidering no women has ever flirted with him-- not even Isabella.

ANYWAYS! Fenris started wearing the sash on his arm after I slept with him for the first time (near the beginning of Act 2 after the Deep Roads), and then he started wearing the little pouch after... actually, I don't remember when he started wearing it. I just noticed it all of a sudden. But I haven't finished Act 2, so this has all happened before the end of it! Maybe Anders just isn't as into fashion and making statements as Fenris is xD Or perhaps Fenris is a kleptomaniac and is stealing from my house everytime he's over.

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Unread 03-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #55
quiescent
quiess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutas View Post
I think the game knew that my man was into other men, concidering no women has ever flirted with him-- not even Isabella.
Agreed.
No one flirts with her. And when she does give Anders or Fenris the smoulder look, they tend to go "Hahaha. awkward..."
Also, Anders + Sebastien in a party? Hilarious.

On that note, my sword is nearing completion.

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #56
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

@Palaven: That would be so awesome if you could get me some Anders shots too! I only have an xbox, so Its a wee bit difficult to get them myself!

@Bhutas: Hopefully his costume stops changing so much!

And your romances get all dolled up for you? I guess I havent made it that far yet, Anders is still wearing the same thing lol
Unread 03-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #57
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Yay Anders finally changed clothes :3 I like his romance outfit more. He looks a bit more dashing rather than darktown hobo-chic

I've been taking a few screenshots but the camera is really limited in this game, so its always difficult to get pants and boots shots
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #58
Palaven
I like big boats.

I was saddened by Merril's romance outfit. It's so... I don't know, not my thing. I just finished Act II. (There is only 3 acts btw, hmwsg) I feel like a dork for being excited about seeing all their outfits, haha.

@ hmwsg x ] - I approve of your Anders-loving Freddie Mercury. That's kind of awesome, haha.

@ lissiekun ] - I have a PS3 so I'm in the same boat, haha. It's not that hard to find screens though. I'm sure someone will have a bunch later this week or month or whathaveyou. There's been so many detail shots where I've just wanted to scream because I didn't have a screencap option, haha.

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #59
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Wow, I am in love with Flemeth's DA2 costume. It's just so awesome looking, and it makes your eyes stay glued on her presence. Not sure I would attempt it, but gosh it is sure nice to look at. I saw AmazonMandy's Flemeth before the game's version, and she looks so cool. 8-D
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #60
[Rubedo]
Moved to ThornQueen

I reaaally want to attempt a fem!Hawke rogue, but I can't decide if it is actually in my skill level or not. Hmmm, plus I need to figure out what costumes for the year I wanna chop if I do this haha.

For now, I will settle for just trying to find some good reference images. XD

UPCOMMING COSPLAYS:
Stormy - Rainbow Brite
Heartseeker Vayne - League of Legends
Din - Legend of Zelda
Ringo Noyamano - Air Gear

Last edited by [Rubedo] : 03-12-2011 at 06:01 PM.
[Rubedo] is offline   Reply With Quote