Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 402 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #61
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
According to UK officials, perverse teachers will be able to teach kids again as the system needs to be "softened". Wtf? The British law needs to be TOUGHENED not SOFTENED! No wonder people here are running rampant and having kids just to live off benefits and chavs are just flipped off. What has society come to, no wonder everyone hates the British government, it's retarded.

And then the government wonders why we have high numbers in every bad thing imagineable like high teen pregnancy rate, etc... Because nothing is being done about it, and if it is, it's a stupid idea that won't work.

Now it's preverts having the chance to be perverts again. Great because every person with a child wants them to be leered and groomed at.

I'm not look forward to paying taxes for lazy people and pointless people in which I wonder why they cease to exist.

/sarcasm.
Over crowded prisons, EU leigislature? That probably why this is happening, softening of law that is, you then go into a tangent about broken Britian and I sort of lost you there.

I never understood all of those people who wanted Britain out of the EU before, probably because most of those people were BNP or UKIP and were either racists or light racists. But now that we're being forced to give the vote to people in prison because of human rights violations... hrmm. I mean there's a reason for that, anyone in prison is going to have a more vested interest in the leadership of a country surely, being at Her Majesty's pleasure? Doesn't the EU have better things to do?
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #62
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
But now that we're being forced to give the vote to people in prison because of human rights violations...
Isn't one of the points of putting people in prison to take their rights away, so prisons of puppy rapers can't elect in a president puppy raper who will pardon them?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #63
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

My brother was in prison. I wish he could vote.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #64
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire View Post
this only serves as another example or church in matters of state, which is unconstitutional. i don't want "christ" in my politics, so get the damned churchgoers out of office! i don't care what goes on in someone's bedroom and neither should anyone else
You know what, church goers have just as much right to be in office as non religious people. Please. Do not. Generalise all Christians. I know it's very popular, don't. If you honestly think someone should be denied a position in politics because of their faith then... well that's just wrong.

Really had to get that off my chest.
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #65
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I think a person should be denied in politics if their religion is their backing

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #66
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I don't see it being any different to denying someone because of ethnicity or sexuality. Religious people are part of the country too and should be represented by their government. Everyone had different beliefs and opinions, someone can be Christian and completely open about same sex relationships just the same as someone can be athiest and still be completely ignorant and racist.
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #67
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Not what I'm saying.

I have no problem with "believing" people in office.

I have a problem with people who want to get in office, or try to because they want to change things based on their beliefs, and not what is best for everyone else.

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #68
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
You know what, church goers have just as much right to be in office as non religious people. Please. Do not. Generalise all Christians. I know it's very popular, don't. If you honestly think someone should be denied a position in politics because of their faith then... well that's just wrong.

Really had to get that off my chest.
as i've mentioned here before, i was raised in a strict christian house. don't assume i judge people just because of what they believe. how they act on those beliefs is what matters. people who are so motivated by their faith to try to force that on others through any means should not be in a position to do so. trying to pass laws that are unconstitutional because "the people are sinning" is unconstitutional and goes against the freedom of religion this country was founded on

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #69
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
My brother was in prison. I wish he could vote.
Yet still. Isn't that the point of prison?

I am not saying if it's right or wrong for every incarcerated person mind you.

As I am sure the fellows wrongly accused who had to fight for their freedom would have loved to have a 'word or two', to put it nicely.

Kind of like the point of going to Denny's is to get intestinal upset. It doesn't make it right, but you know thats going to happen.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #70
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
Not what I'm saying.

I have no problem with "believing" people in office.

I have a problem with people who want to get in office, or try to because they want to change things based on their beliefs, and not what is best for everyone else.
I understand better, fair enough anyone can have alterior motives.

Quote:
as i've mentioned here before, i was raised in a strict christian house. don't assume i judge people just because of what they believe. how they act on those beliefs is what matters. people who are so motivated by their faith to try to force that on others through any means should not be in a position to do so. trying to pass laws that are unconstitutional because "the people are sinning" is unconstitutional and goes against the freedom of religion this country was founded on
Sorry I don't have intimate knowledge of everyone on cosplay.com

I was quite pissed off by your tone because "get the damned churchgoers out of office!" felt like an unfair attack on Christianity. That's what I saw and thats how I responded.

I see what your saying now though, and I respect your opinion and apologise for anything I've said.

Last edited by fullbleed : 03-12-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Unread 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #71
Rose of Battle
lolwut

My state (MD) almost passed a bill for legalizing same-sex marriage.

And then people backed out last minute and it didn't pass. =/ I think that's the most recent politics thing that's really made me pissed off.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #72
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Over crowded prisons, EU leigislature? That probably why this is happening, softening of law that is, you then go into a tangent about broken Britian and I sort of lost you there.

I never understood all of those people who wanted Britain out of the EU before, probably because most of those people were BNP or UKIP and were either racists or light racists. But now that we're being forced to give the vote to people in prison because of human rights violations... hrmm. I mean there's a reason for that, anyone in prison is going to have a more vested interest in the leadership of a country surely, being at Her Majesty's pleasure? Doesn't the EU have better things to do?
Idk, I don't get the UK sometimes. I just go off in a tangent about anything lol, the sorts of things I talked about earlier have annoyed me a lot anyway so I thought I'd squeeze it all in one rant.
Human rights? What human rights? If someone committed like say, murder and went to prison for it, they've automatically deducted their rights as a person. Imho.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #73
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Gonna leave this here, again.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #74
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I can't help but laugh at that.... especially the response... and the dub step remix.

... i hope one of her professors finds this. Especially since she's in Poli Sci... OH HO HO!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #75
A.F.S. 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I wonder why people say that the United States has come so far from the days of Jim Crow and seperate but equal. I bet this opinion is unfortunately shared by more people than American society will admit.

JIU JITSU is life.
A.F.S. 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote