Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #31
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaicera View Post
Sigh ... Still nothing. And I know she's been on. Aiya aiya aiya >__<~ Photoshoot date is fast approaching too. ACK!
I'd be thinking of finding a way to get your money back a rush commissioning someone else.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #32
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

My GOD this happens to me all the time...
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #33
mosaicera

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I'd be thinking of finding a way to get your money back a rush commissioning someone else.
I'm starting to think I might need to do this soon too =__=; ... She finishes it, I pay the second invoice for the final amount, and then zero contact from there. This is freaking ridiculous >__<! I'd be happy with a "I'll be sending it out on ____" PM with a "sorry it's so late" excuse or SOMETHING, but NOTHING. And there's been no update on her portfolio website either since the date a month ago. Meow Q__Q;;
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #34
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Even with a PM like this...I'd be skeptical and not expect much.
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #35
sporkman
Prop Master

I've been a professional prop maker for 6 years now and I usually respond to emails in less than 24 hours. It's just how I think business should be done IMO. I've had many customers come to me after having dealt with a deadbeat commissioner. For many commissioners, this is a hobby... And they treat it that way. So as a customer, consider how important your project is to the person making it. Because this is business to me that I hope will one day replace my day job entirely, I take it very seriously and have even taken time off work unpaid at times to meet someones deadline.

On the flipside though, I get frustrated when a potential customer gets to the point where they're all but ready to pay for a commission something and I never hear from them again. I'm very busy and have to constantly calculate and schedule out deadlines, supplies needed, etc. I'd rather have someone say they changed their mind instead of leaving me waiting for their payment to start on their project. Just sayin... There's give and take on both sides.
sporkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #36
quizbowler

The only time I ever tried to commission something was three months ago, and I've heard back once since paying for it, and that was to say that she was extremely busy and would "have it done by Monday". Five Mondays later I'm feeling a bit scammed.
quizbowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #37
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizbowler View Post
The only time I ever tried to commission something was three months ago, and I've heard back once since paying for it, and that was to say that she was extremely busy and would "have it done by Monday". Five Mondays later I'm feeling a bit scammed.
Most likely...yes. I'd be filing with PayPal or your bank. Even if it isn't a scam, it will at least get them to respond, but from my experience, most missed dates and lack of communication mean scam.
Unread 04-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #38
Moondemon

This is the story of my life when it comes to dealing with commissioners. Right now I am commissioning someone to make a Visas Marr costume and this was back in February and I gave a due date of May 1st well that is only a day away now and I have not heard back from her since February after I sent her my measurements and the first half of the payment. This is just really frustrating since I am excepted to have it by May 7th and for sure by May 13th going to Motor City Comic Con and I am a member of the 501st Legion. Not to mention I am already getting a lightsaber commissioned from a Legion member so without the costume it is kind of pointless. I have even gone as far as to find her deviant art page and send her a message on there since she has been uploading stuff on there recently. Sorry if this is a rant this is very frustrating for me since this is the second time something like this has happen to me when I have commissioned someone from this site.
Moondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #39
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

What sucks is that paypal doesn't deal with custom orders like these. If this was through your credit card, they would go to bat for you..

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #40
SheAteMyHeart
Fem!Slash Cosplayer

I hope it's alright if I poke my head in on this thread. I posted an ad on here for a cosplay and out of a bunch of responses I chose a user (who will remain un-named unless things get worse so I can warn people.) and she seemed really nice and was prompt with responding my questions. I paid the whole $145 upfront for my commission and she said she was going to get her fabric over the weekend. I left it at that and figured I'd message her in two weeks for an update. I did, and it's been 3 or 4 days since then and there's still been no response from her. I even checked her profile and she's been on multiple times since I sent the message.

Am I right to worry? Because I am. D8
Princess Daisy
Hannah (Demon Version)- Kuroshitsuji II
SheAteMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #41
Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheAteMyHeart View Post
I hope it's alright if I poke my head in on this thread. I posted an ad on here for a cosplay and out of a bunch of responses I chose a user (who will remain un-named unless things get worse so I can warn people.) and she seemed really nice and was prompt with responding my questions. I paid the whole $145 upfront for my commission and she said she was going to get her fabric over the weekend. I left it at that and figured I'd message her in two weeks for an update. I did, and it's been 3 or 4 days since then and there's still been no response from her. I even checked her profile and she's been on multiple times since I sent the message.

Am I right to worry? Because I am. D8
Man, at least your commissioner has been online... I've had to track my commissioner's AIM and Deviantart, and I still get no responses.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #42
Aces

The commissioner I've "employed" has not responded to my PMs on this site, none of my wall messages/notes on Deviantart, has not been on AIM, hasn't responded to my Facebook message, and hasn't even responded to two text messages I sent her.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
Chosen Predator

This is why I make sure they're local and I can visit them and pretty much not get screwed if I know where they live, lol.
Chosen Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #44
Moondemon

I had to track down sutie to her facebook page and I finally got a response there. Too bad it was all excuse and I have been sending her a message every week asking if she has sent out my stuff. Its not even the full costume I am asking anymore I just want the materials and the patterns she bought with my money so I can have someone else help me finish it. She BLOCKED me on facebook so now I have no way to get a hold of her since she will not respond to any other messages I have sent her via email and pms.
Moondemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #45
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

I'm reading this and, hahaha, that is a little fun... I would like to make a list of people who want us to make costumes for them and after all they don't respond too :P

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote