Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Alliekitten
Allie Kitten

Your prefered fashion

So, already assuming you like to wear alt fashion as your everyday fashion when not cosplaying- what is your favorite style?? (goth/punk/lolita/hipster/fruits)
When wearing that style, what is your favorite outfit to wear?
I ask cause I am always curious as to how people interpret their fashion style and what they like to match together.
If there's a pic of you in your fav outfit, that would be awesome too!

Unread 03-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
KitKatCaughtcha

I'm actually a really big fan of classic style. I basically live in JCrew now days :P
Oddly enough I have very few pics of my in everyday clothes...so no refs to post :/

Otakon 2011
Olivia(Red Sky)
Chii (Tsubasa Chrinicals/Chobits)
Misa (Death Note)
KitKatCaughtcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
xSYN
syn haedas.

somewhere between goth, punk and visual kei. i don't have enough of elements from one style to classify it as one or the other.
orrrrr if i'm too lazy or don't have the time to actually bother dressing up (it's not just throwing the clothes on, i need to do my hair as well as lenses and makeup) i just put on a pair of oversized jeans and a tshirt/tank top.

i am camera shy outside cosplay so i have close to zero photos \o/ or at least anything that shows more than just shoulders upwards.
xSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #4
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

30's style/dieselpunk attire. Military jackets and clothes made to suit civilian life.

I enjoy tweeds and vests, and the combo is just perfect in my opinion.

Green turtleneck, with a black military vest. Black fingerless gloves. Black pants and combat boots, with a green tweed to top it off. Maybe a chain across the vest if I feel the need, with a chain for my wallet and keys respectively.

though a button has come off the best recently, so until I fix wit, I have an old Tripp Hot Topic vest I am using, which works rather well I find.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf

Last edited by Volnixshin : 03-29-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Loose, simple, drapey things in earth tones and natural fibers. I have no idea what that counts as. Probably Smug Granola.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
black shinigami

Gyaru. But I don't wear one style of gyaru, my main are koakuma and rock.
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Kaoru133

I like j-fashion in general. My favorites are Kodona, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Decora. ^^
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #8
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Gyaru here ; with this said i do tone it down depending on situation(i.e. work)

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #9
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Girly - skirts, cute tops, dresses, socks or tights (when it's cold both). I rarely wear jeans from March to December. I also wear lolita on occasion
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Whatever I pick off the the floor that passes the "sniff-test".

...srsly.

Fashion takes away from time and money for more important things... like video games.

I suppose that makes my alternative fashion label: "otaku".

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #11
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Emily Temple Cute dominates my closet, I love their style so hard. It's mostly t-shirts though, with a few simple skirts/dresses/shorts, because I'm usually a half-assed dresser. Not as much of their dressy stuff. I mean, I love makeup and matching clothes, but normally I'd rather sleep in than spend time putting it on etc... and the clothes still look cute without having to be perfectly made up all the time. I like being able to wear my Chucks or Onitsukas when I want to.

Well, I have a ton of lolita dresses too but I recently fell out of love with it, so they're in limbo. I've got 8 years' worth to get rid of. @_@ The clothes are pretty, but now they just feel too impractical.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
shortsheik

Basic with a bit of flair.

Stores I frequent include: the GAP, Uniqlo, various thrift/used clothing stores, Shimamura (think cheap Japanese Target), and Luccica. I also like Levis for jeans and Victoria Secret.

Pretty much, I like things that are classic but still unique. I like to do preppy with just a touch of punk or elegant-playful, and so on. I usually shop with an eye on things that will go with other bits and bobbles already in my wardrobe.

Things I like: bell sleeves, basic 5-pocket jeans with traditional cuts, 110 denier stockings, camisoles, long-sleeves that fall to the knuckles on my fingers, matching undergarments, comfy but cute shoes, and no more than one necklace at a time.

I tend to avoid fire colors - red, yellow, and orange turn me off. I love blues, greens, purples, and browns. My friends occasionally tease me for having a bit of an 80's-90's thing going on but it's not intentional, and tends to happen when I'm wearing something given to me by a relative of bought in a thrift store. ^^;;

Last edited by shortsheik : 03-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.
shortsheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

My style's a mix of 80s punk/rock, bohemian, and a hint of lolita elements. I like to call it "Sexy nerd".

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #14
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

I prefer a little androgyny most of the time. Long bootcut pants, heeled oxfords, vests, glasses.

I LOVE SCARVES. I wear one at least once a week.

I wear a lot of black, grey, nude, white, and blue. I like florals occasionally, and I love tall boots.

I wear no jewelry. Ever.

My hair is red, long, and usually wavy.

That's pretty much it.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #15
ballet shoes
candy holic

My daily style is a mix of the following - VK, Cyber goth, J Street Fashion. I tone it down when not going out to clubs and such but I still manage to look like (in my boyfriends words) "some pixies appeared out of nowehere and vomited all over you" I like bright colours, sometimes a lil too much. I love make up and it matches my outfit nearly all the time. My eyebrows have been absent from my face for about two years now so sometimes they get drawn on in candy bright colours. I love stack platform shoes/boots with my tallest pair being a mighty 7". My hair is always short (my days of extensions/dreadfalls are pretty much done now) and it changes colour a heck of a lot as I get bored with it very very easily.

I used to be heavily into psychobilly/rockabilly and 50's fashion in general and I still am so sometimes I'll wear that instead. It depends on my mood I guess.

I really love dressing up and even now at the grand old age of 26 (yikes!!) I doubt this will change anytime soon. I sometimes wish that I could be the kind of girl that doesn't wear make up and feels extremely comfortable wearing jeans simply because I hate the fact that it takes me an hour, sometimes longer (this is just to go out in the day, to a club it takes longer) to get ready. But I don't feel comfortable or confident otherwise so I guess that's just me!

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote