(I'm starting this as a new thread not specific to a single Costume-Con, so we can reuse it from year to year)
Andy Trembley and I are running the Video Masquerade for Costume-Con 29 along the same guidelines as we did for CC28, as a film festival.
The complete submission guidelines are posted at http://cc29nj.com/videomasq.aspx
, but here are some basics:
- Anyone (not just CC29 members) may submit a video for consideration (all videos will be reviewed before inclusion).
- If we have more than 5 accepted submitted videos, we'll organize judging. In any case, all accepted videos will be screened at least once for the membership at CC29.
- Videos should feature costumes; all types of costumes are appropriate, but the video must be acceptable for viewing by a PG-13 audience.
- Submissions will be accepted and distributed digitally via Youtube. (details are on the website)
- Initial submissions are due by March 18, 2011 to allow time for review and judging (if any). (The date was just set, so it may not be on the website today).
Last year's entries (there were 4) proved to be a very interesting assortment of styles and genre, and I hope we'll get even more this year. You can see them still on Youtube via this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...272B8609117DA8
The first step in the process is to read the info on the website and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Remember that submissions are due by March 18, 2011!
Chair, Costume-Con 26, http://www.cc26.info
(coming Spring 2008 to San Jose!)
Documented Costumer since 1968 (No! Really!)
One of the founders of the International Costumers Guild
Member of the ICG Fairness Guidelines Committee
Recipient, 2007 ICG Lifetime Achievement Award
My Journal: Adventures of an Urban Jungleboy