Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1188 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #1981
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #1982
PandaTeddy
You Are My Love, My Angle

Name of Commissioner
Cos00

Website
uscos00.com

Character commissioned
Denmark from Axis Powers Hetalia
Full costume: Shirt, pants, tie, coat, hat, boot covers
Pictures of the costume on their website

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Pictures~

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
I don't remember exactly how long, but I do remember that I ordered it sometime in September and it arrived before my event on October 24.

Describe your Experience.
This was my first time buying a cosplay online with my own money so I was incredibly nervous about getting scammed, but as soon as I opened the package, all my fears were gone. I'm incredibly happy with the costume and would definitely recommend this site to my friends.

Pros
-The costume I received looks exactly like the picture on the website and includes everything that was shown in the picture.
-Apart from the beads (mentioned below), the costume has held up extremely well, especially considering how incredibly often I wear it. It still looks great even though I've worn it more times than I count.

Cons
-They don't clearly display shipping prices on their website so I ended up paying more than I expected to at first.
-There are little bead-like things all around the cuffs which were not sewn on very securely so it was easy for the thread attaching them to rip and for the beads to fall off.

Comments
Overall, I love the cosplay and would have no concern with buying from them again.

Final Grade: A

----------------

Name of Commissioner
Cosplay Fu

Website
It won't let me post the link, but I'm sure you can find it with a simple Google search.

Character commissioned
Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji II
Full costume: Shirt, shorts, vest, coat, neck tie

Pictures~

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
I ordered it on January 18th and the site told me it should arrive by February 24th. It arrived February 12th.

Describe your Experience.
My girlfriend has ordered cosplays from this site before and they are all very nice and look just like the pictures on the site so I decided to go ahead and buy their Alois cosplay for myself.

Pros
-Compared to most other online cosplay sites, the prices aren't too bad. Most of their full cosplays are under $100.
-Free shipping! All of their products have free shipping so they don't surprise you with some ridiculous shipping fee.
-The cosplays my girlfriend and I have gotten from them always look just like the pictures on the site so you know just what you're getting.
-Custom sizing is free and, (as far as I can tell), accurate. I went ahead and got the custom sizing and I'm glad I did because I have no complaints with how the costume fits me.

Cons
-One of the little bead things fell off (I think it got caught on something in my car), but that's not something that I can't easily fix.

Comments
I'm incredibly pleased with my purchase and I will definitely be buying from them again in the future.

Final Grade: A+
ACEN 2015 (maybe)
PandaTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #1983
pinkflamingo

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: hellocosplay.com
Character commissioned: Fate Testarossa (FULL costume)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: This is what they showed me:http://www.hellocosplay.com/magical-...me-p-2048.html

This is what I got:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...orrible033.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...orrible030.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The policy said 10-20 days I waited 29 days. I contacted them about the time being overdue they said that to be reassured the costume is almost done that they just have a lot of costumes being made now, eventually they DID send it aside from it being 9 days over the policy. Coming from china, it got here in 2 days.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The costume was nothing like it looked in the picture. The black 1 piece is shown to be thick, sturdy material. WHat I have here is thin elastic material -__- Exactly like mosaicera mentioned, the red lines down along the torso are thick pieces of elastic that are way too big and droop down on my tummy. The gold connectors on the chest is nothing more than shiny gold material sewed on with white thread. The gold connector on the third line is missing. The belt does not look shown as pictured and it is RIDICULOUSLY HUGE on me. my hips are only 34 inches and the way they construced the belt it's made for a very large person -__-It's not even adjustable! The skirt is shown to have a slit, exposing the black 1 piece underneath. The skirt they got me had nice pleats, I will give them that much but it's construced all the way around my body, no slit, on top of that I said my waist was 26 inches, this skirt is 31 inches!. The cape isn't HORRIBLY made but I gave them my height, yet the cape is still dragging behind me despite the fact in the picture its supposed to have a raised back and it becomes longer as it reaches the front, like the character. THIS cape is the same legnth throughout. I don't even know what to do with this. Fix it up as I don't even know how to THREAD a sewing machine, or see if I can get my $115 back :/ I'll never buy from them again.
Final Grade: D-

Last edited by pinkflamingo : 03-19-2011 at 01:22 AM.
pinkflamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #1984
mosaicera

Name of Commissioner: JoyMason
Website/C.com gallery:: Right here
Character Commissioned: Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)'s Blastia
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:: This beauty right here (Don't have photographs of my own yet. Will eventually ^__^!)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Plans and first contact made in November/December, first payment beginning of January, blastia finished mid~end of February, received by March 18.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
An utterly wonderful experience. From the beginning, Joy gave me an overview of how she was going to construct the blastia, the progress, lots of updates, and even made a video to show the blastia in many angles. The paint job is simply superb and fits more or less exactly how I imagined it to fit. The colour is exactly what I was hoping for! A pleasant surprise was what wasn't told to me until after the construction was complete: there were magnets to keep it together where it would connect. I was amazed! I totally didn't expect magnets. This was a very welcomed and wonderful surprise !

The only con to this entire journey was communication. There were times when it was quite slow and there was a mini mishap in a communication break (but this was due to inevitable circumstances). However, this "con", so to speak, can be easily overlooked as the quality and overall item itself is simply magnifique!

Final Grade: A

Definitely recommended !
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #1985
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #1986
mosaicera

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Magic
Website/C.com gallery: Right here
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tales of Vesperia Yuri Lowell Outfit (though they list it as Tales of Graces)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Have yet to take photographs. Waiting on two more parts.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Roughly half a month (including shipping time)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
To put it bluntly, my experience was one where I felt quite offended. But first, let's start with listing some stuff.

Pros -- Finished quickly (I can't really say whether this is good or bad ...), shipped quickly, quality of fabric is not too bad, most of the measurements were correct

Cons -- Some colours were off, some measurements were off (not significantly, but does constrain certain parts), boot covers were 2x the size I had asked for, horrible customer service

So now let's get down to the story. I received the item in the mail and I noticed colours for two parts are off and that the boot covers were, well, humongous! So I messaged them regarding this and at first Jill--the girl who replied to all my messages--was acting very kind and nicely (the way Customer Service should be, I would think). She tells me to send in photos of the off colours and she tells me two days later that those were the only colours they had in the warehouse, thus why it was used. Which meant, and I said as much, that item on website =/= item you receive in terms of colours. She had no comment (go figure).

So I asked her whether it would be possible to have the top & boot covers remade. She said "We will do it for free if we can, but we can not find the color that you are expecting. Sorry". For the love of goshness, I told her whether it would be possible to use white for certain parts. Is white a colour that's impossible to find? She then replied later, "You can just pay $40 to -insert email address- and we can change it for you." What happened to "We can do it for free if we can?" Plus the price she quoted me was outrageous. It was like re-ordering the costume again ... To have two parts remade. After a few emails after, she finally ended things with: "Sorry we would rather not do this, as i can see potential dispute on the thiness of the fabric or the color of what is considered white. i would really recommend you do it at a local tailor shop so you can see and feel what exactly what you will get." Plus if I wanted to get it returned, it would've cost the amount of half of the outfit.

That's my story. That's my experience. I didn't really complain about the thinness or colour: I just asked whether it was possible and I get quite the nice reply back.

Final Grade: C-
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #1987
Yukikittie

Name of Commissioner: Wig Glamour
Website/C.com gallery: Their Ebay account.
Character commissioned and series/video game: I ordered a darkish blond shoulder length wig.
Timeline: I bought my wig on 3/3/11. It arrived to me on 3/17/11. Arrived earlier than they said.
Describe your Experience:
Pros: Good price, decent quality, fast shipping.
Cons: Never had a tracking number so I was oblivious to when I was going to get it or when it would be shipped out.
And oh yeah, IT'S TOO DAMN SHORT.
I ordered this wig.
As you can see it goes a little pass your shoulders.
I get the wig, and I get;
On a wig head.
On my head. (Please excuse how terrible looking I am, horrible lighting and it was like 12 at night.
Final Grade: D. I'm never buying from them again.
Unread 03-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #1988
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #1989
ChiiruChan
BlazBlue Lover

Name of Commissioner: lotahk
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/lotahk/
Character commissioned: Jin Kisaragi (Just the Boots)
Links to picture of item: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...o/DSC08806.jpg
Timeline Feb 1st-March 24th
The seller was very nice to deal with. They even told me about the Chinese New Year delay ahead of time. The shoes are great quality and made exactly to size but one problem... I asked for a women's 11 but I wanted men's width and they gave me men's 11's and they are very big in length... but they are still doable though they feel a bit weird... So far they haven't had any problems and they look great. The sole is very thick!
Final Grade: B+ Due to the problem with the length of the shoe.
ChiiruChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #1990
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #1991
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Name of Commissioner
Zentai-Zentai

Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.zentai-zentai.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
[/b]
One white and one black Zentai
The Black one after modding for DJ Danger
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rx885y.jpg
The White one
http://i56.tinypic.com/wtbmsi.jpg

Timeline
2 Weeks for each
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

PROS!
Nothing but pros! It is a pain in the ass to find reviews for anything other than Milanoo. No one was helpful when I asked around so I decided to take the risk.

WORTH IT!
Zentai-Zentai was easy to order from, shipping was fast and reasonable (And free shutter shades! WOO!) I got exactly what I wanted (though I have glasses so Zentai's aren't too much fun when walking around when you can't see 2 feet in front of you. Literally.) The white one is a bit harder to see out of. The black one was easy to see through even before I cut the eyes out.
It's also sooooo comfy!

CONS
None. Like, really. The white one was a little hard to see out of but that was an easy fit.

Final grade: A +
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #1992
se7en
The Last Quincy

Name of Commissioner: mrhallacg
Website/C.com gallery: mrhallacg.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Uryuu Ishida 2nd generation entire costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None yet: It would be a shame to post a wrinkled outfit, I will later.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3 1/2 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: This was a rush order before megacon started when my outfit was stolen to replace a Milanoo version (dont ask me how, but it was) Emailed them, and explained everything. Especially since it was all custom sizing, they rushed it and sent it out just in time. Pros: Came with everything including gloves, same accuracy as all the other 2nd gen outfits Cons: Non-adjustable/stretch pants
Final Grade: A+

For the price it was, cheap compared to other sites & the processing time for an entirely custom size order, (add +1wk for shipping, so it was 2/12) cant really go wrong

p.s: To buy from them it helps if you know chinese xD
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #1993
Milky☆Milky
FLYIN' AWAY NOW

Name of Merchant - FANTASY SHEEP
Website - http://stores.ebay.com/FANTASY-SHEEP-COSWIG-LAND
Item purchased (please include quantity) - One Vanille wig
Links to picture(s) of your received item - click
Timeline (how long your order took to process) - about 2 months
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. - I ordered the wig December 26th, it shipped the 31st. I received an email confirmation, with a blank space where a tracking number should have been. I emailed her about it, but no response. I waited until about the beginning of February and that was when she finally responded (after abour 4 or 5 emails - she only ever responded to the ebay claim) I got my money back hassle free. The wig actually arrived while I was at Katsucon. The wig itself is good quality,but the color is way off from the photo on both her ebay and taobao accounts.
Final Grade: C
Milky☆Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #1994
KittyVinVin
Flame_Alchemist2002

Name of Merchant: cosplaywigsusa
Item purchased: Kingdom Hearts Axel wig
Links to pictures of item: Just look at my icon. I'm wearing it :3
Timeline: Ordered it Saturday night at 4am. Wig showed up in the mail Monday (before the epic blizzard). EXTREMELY fast shipping.

Pros: Extremely fast shipping, and in my opinion, nicely styled. The wig was already cut, styled, glued, etc. The wig arrived in a box to protect the wig from flattening. Honestly, I rather style wigs myself, but I just don't have the time anymore for it.

Cons: It took me a while to figure out how to get the wig on (seriously the spikes are everywhere on the wig, I was trying to figure out how to get it on without damaging the wig itself) That, and I had a difficult time keeping the wig on my head. My hair is long and thick (hair is almost past my lower back), but I never had issues wearing wigs before as long as I put my hair up correctly in a wig cap. There ARE clips on the inside of the wig, so it makes it a little bit easier to keep the wig on.

Final Comments: A very nice wig in general for any Axel cosplay, the seller has excellent communication and extremely fast shipping. I highly recommend them.

Final Grade: A+!!
KittyVinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #1995
alucard275

Awesome transaction!

I did a transaction with Tsukeruu for a coat for Austria from Hetalia: Axis Powers. Needless to say the transaction was an unmitigated success. I was directed to her from a friend who had also commissioned her for a Belarus costume. Despite the workload, she not only got the costume to me quickly (weather in her hometown and minor miscommunication on my part notwithstanding), but it was also a fine piece of craftsmanship.

The costume is made of suede (which is extremely comfortable), and also had a professional-looking lining, which adds to the comfort factor, not to mention the sizing was done right and it not only feels durable, but is also very accurate. Clearly the costume was made with thought and care. The excellent service easily justifies the cost. I will definitely be commissioning her again.
alucard275 is offline   Reply With Quote