Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
SerenityCelest
Ren

Review: kuraudo_strife / soldier-zack-1st

I'm giving everyone on Cosplay.com a heads up on a commissioner who is a liar and a cheat.

He's listed as kuraudo_strife here on Cosplay and he's soldier-zack-1st on deviant art. He supposedly makes custom cosplay weaponry. I hired him May of 2010 to make me a Unohana sword for Otakon. He said there would be no problem and he would get me the sword in plenty of time. I paid him in full up front. When Otakon came around I still didn't have my sword, so I called him asking what was up. He fobbed me off with an excuse that he had sent the sword to the wrong person. It pretty much continued that way for the rest of the year. It was one excuse after another. I finally got sick of it and asked for my money back, he gave me a partial refund via paypal, and I thought that was it I was done with him so I went and hired another commissioner who finished the sword in a month and sent it my way.

But the story doesn't end there, oh no. After the deadline for me to make a claim of fraud on paypal had passed the jerk rescinded my refund. He took it back! So he had basically walked off with my money without giving me a God damned thing!!!! He has not responded to my text messages or my e-mails, and since the deadline has passed Paypal can do nothing. He has basically stolen my money. So if you want a custom weapon done DON'T go to him he is a rat bastard!!!
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical
SerenityCelest is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
ShibbyOmittchi
Chibitalia desu

Thank you for the warning, and I am sorry about your money. D:
ShibbyOmittchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
SerenityCelest
Ren

He's given me some of my money back...but not all.

Last edited by SerenityCelest : 03-29-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Unread 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

You too, huh? I commissioned Unohana's sword from him and have yet to receive it. I guess I won't be getting my money back either. Too bad! I'll be getting someone local to do it for I guess...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
SerenityCelest
Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
You too, huh? I commissioned Unohana's sword from him and have yet to receive it. I guess I won't be getting my money back either. Too bad! I'll be getting someone local to do it for I guess...
You probably won't be getting the sword, but you can get your money back. Just keep on messaging him every way possible, he'll respond if you bug him enough. Let me know if you need help! I will not let this guy walk off with people's money!
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
Yuki Eiri
Sweet sweet Valentine

According to his Deviantart, he's calling everyone liars... Which begs the question, who is honestly so inept to believe that several people who by all rights live nowhere near one another, and who have similar experiences, and of course do not know each other are ALL lying? There's at least two people who have spoken to me [but wish to stay anonymous], one of which also received the "I sent it to the wrong address" excuse, but has yet to see any money from the commissioner. He's actually blocked contact and stopped responding to her, who paid him a LOT of money for various props.

All I've got to say is, there's no way all these people could be lying. No way. Sorry, but that's just not possible and I'm not buying it. If you sent people their commissions and actually put effort into making them instead of sending blocks of poorly painted undetailed and unsanded wood, you might not be in this predicament.
Unread 06-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
fergil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityCelest View Post
I'm giving everyone on Cosplay.com a heads up on a commissioner who is a liar and a cheat.

He's listed as kuraudo_strife here on Cosplay and he's soldier-zack-1st on deviant art. He supposedly makes custom cosplay weaponry. I hired him May of 2010 to make me a Unohana sword for Otakon. He said there would be no problem and he would get me the sword in plenty of time. I paid him in full up front. When Otakon came around I still didn't have my sword, so I called him asking what was up. He fobbed me off with an excuse that he had sent the sword to the wrong person. It pretty much continued that way for the rest of the year. It was one excuse after another. I finally got sick of it and asked for my money back, he gave me a partial refund via paypal, and I thought that was it I was done with him so I went and hired another commissioner who finished the sword in a month and sent it my way.

But the story doesn't end there, oh no. After the deadline for me to make a claim of fraud on paypal had passed the jerk rescinded my refund. He took it back! So he had basically walked off with my money without giving me a God damned thing!!!! He has not responded to my text messages or my e-mails, and since the deadline has passed Paypal can do nothing. He has basically stolen my money. So if you want a custom weapon done DON'T go to him he is a rat bastard!!!
heya

dude i guess your right i ordered a sword from dante from Devil may cry, and the 2 guns, i have not heared anymore from him. that was 3 months ago and i STILL dont have it...god damnit...all my money....gone
fergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

This seller is being prosecuted.

Please contact me if I may use you as a witness or use any documentation to support my case with yours. I have already had several people contact me with permission.

I encourage you to file a dispute with PayPal even though your time is up. I encourage you to contact your bank as well. If you have the means, the time, and the funds, I encourage you to press charges.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
SerenityCelest
Ren

You have my full support Angel!
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
~BloodCaduceus~
Future Trauma Surgeon

I can also give a poor account/warning about this commissioner.

I was told to make two medals for him for a Russia cosplay. I did, and charged 30 dollars for the set. I mailed them to him, and never saw high tail of the money again. I had contacted him online about the money, as he had "promised" to give it to me. I depended on that money to pay for medical school textbooks.

I was told he's send it, he DID send it, ect. I never saw the money.

30 dollars may not seem like a lot of money, but my trust in him is gone. Do NOT commission him, he is NOT dependable.
~BloodCaduceus~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
smoreface

Good luck on getting your money back.

Last edited by smoreface : 08-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
smoreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
deadpool790

Warning Scamming Commissioner

kuraudo_strife on cosplay.com is a scammer I was scammed a long time ago from this individual and I stopped caring for a while but it would appear after checking up on him hes still scamming individuals.

http://www.soldier-zack-1st.deviantart.com/

Hes already deleted my posts aswell as others who have also been scammed from this person I can provide all the information on this individual

Do not commission from this person he will scam you and make you go around in circles claiming he did send it and will shell you out of whatever money you sent him.
deadpool790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #13
Ichigo XP
Hollow Ichigo

I actually had the exact same experience with this same guy... told me he sent it to the wrong address and would try and find it or make me a new one then later made another excuse that he accidently broke the one he made and would make me a new one... then didn't hear from him for almost a year and in the meantime during this he asked if he could make me something else and even though I could really do it myself I said fine I'll help out a broke fellow cosplayer in need and in the end spent about $170 on props consisting of a Hollow Ichigo Zanpakuto and a broken version of Ichigo's original Zanpakuto (both of which I never ended up doing and abandoned the cosplays)... this was sometime back in 2009-2010. Well in the end I got multiple excuses and then eventually I heard nothing back from this fraud. Funny how he seemed like he wanted to be my friend or something talking to him on Deviant Art and Yahoo messenger until I finally said heck I just want my money back since I could just make these props myself I was just saving time. Pretty sneaky scam though, he just makes excuses until its too late to make a complaint with paypal... not kool taking advantage of nice people especially fellow cosplayers since I've always thought we had a great community, but there's always a bad apple I suppose that has to ruin it for everyone!

Last edited by Ichigo XP : 12-26-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Ichigo XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
SerenityCelest
Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
This seller is being prosecuted.

Please contact me if I may use you as a witness or use any documentation to support my case with yours. I have already had several people contact me with permission.

I encourage you to file a dispute with PayPal even though your time is up. I encourage you to contact your bank as well. If you have the means, the time, and the funds, I encourage you to press charges.

How is it going? Did you win?
Unread 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

This kid is back...BEWARE! He's in a FB cosplay group trying to do prop commissions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/455680527779647/
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote