Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #151
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Oh man. I've been waffling a bit with what costume to make this year, but I just have to do Flemeth! Its the hair, totally the hair...

I'm trying to convince my fiance to go from his Ezio AC:B cosplay (because it would kill me) to a DA2 character. A Male Hawke, Sebastian, or Varric. I think he'd make an awesome Varric. He's got the frame, he's a bit on the short side at 5'7, and has epic chest hair. I need to get my friends to gang up on him with the idea.

I think its great to see so many more costumes popping up from the series since the last game!

Last edited by jujubee33 : 03-24-2011 at 12:58 PM.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #152
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee33 View Post
Oh man. I've been waffling a bit with what costume to make this year, but I just have to do Flemeth! Its the hair, totally the hair...

I'm trying to convince my fiance to go from his Ezio AC:B cosplay (because it would kill me) to a DA2 character. A Male Hawke, Sebastian, or Varric. I think he'd make an awesome Varric. He's got the frame, he's a bit on the short side at 5'7, and has epic chest hair. I need to get my friends to gang up on him with the idea.

I think its great to see so many more costumes popping up from the series since the last game!
lol all your reasons for your fiance being Varric are epic. I say go for it!! Both the costumes in fact ^^

BraveKnight: I'm sure if you search around you can find some basic patterns for chainmail. theringlord.com has some patterns and tutorials.

hmwsg x : Thanks! I'm still working on Leliana, I'm about 1/3 done with the longbow and the arrows are just about finished. By the way I forgot to thank you for posting the screencaps of Merrill! I couldn't find anything decent online.

I haven't received anything I ordered for Merrill, but I have the patterns drafted for the leather armour pieces, furry shoulders and the tunic. I also finished the belt buckle today:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...l/100_7947.jpg

I have some faux fur I might use for the furry shoulders, but the fur is kind of long so I'm still debating. More progress probably next week, I have to work on "work" stuff now haha
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #153
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

What did you use for the belt buckle? Because Champion Mage!Hawke has that big belt buckle with the spikes on the corners. I don't even know if I'll find a base buckle big enough to add on to.

And you'll make a fantastic Merrill!
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #154
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you hmwsg x. The pictures are great. I really appreciate it. Also thanks for the feathers warning. I was just about to buy fur! I'll get a few feathers and test it out.
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift." - Howard A. Walter
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #155
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thanks Rexluna! I'm glad the general consensus is I'd make a good Merrill lol I covered a metal buckle with sculpy for the basic shape then after I baked it, I sanded it and filled in the low spots with paperclay. I did that about 3 times then gesso/sanded it a few times. Instead of using an actual buckle you might just be able to make a wire frame and build off that.
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #156
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
What did you use for the belt buckle? Because Champion Mage!Hawke has that big belt buckle with the spikes on the corners. I don't even know if I'll find a base buckle big enough to add on to.

And you'll make a fantastic Merrill!
Hey, Rex, there's a regular at the Assassin's Creed forum, Fev, and she made that belt buckle as a commission. I think she made a mold so you can ask for a commission from her for it. It looks beautiful.

Here's the link to her blog:

http://propsbyfev.blogspot.com/
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #157
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Oh wow! That's amazing. I'll see what I can find over here but I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you guys!
Unread 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #158
elendraug

So cosplaying Anders as soon as I can find someone willing to make the outfit for me. 8[ I HAVE NOT THE TALENT.

on that same note, anyone up for a commission? D:

first post lol
elendraug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #159
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

I hate to ask this of you guys, but does anyone have any reference pictures of champion male hawke warrior armor? My roommate apparently wants to cosplay as that and cant find any reference pics. If not, all good. It's not for me, lol
Favieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #160
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Here you go. You're lucky I find Male Hawke so charming :3

edit: You're welcome, Xav and Idda!

Hey there elendraug I'd love to make a soft fluffy Anders coat but I don't do commissions xD

Last edited by hmwsg x : 03-24-2011 at 11:18 PM.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #161
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

Favieko this is a little late, but as far as materials go I'm using a fabric called peachskin. It has a nice soft suede look with out costing as much a yard, and it isn't as heavy or fuzzy appearing as velvet. I don't know if it's something you could find in joann's, but I do know you can get it online. A lot of online stores do have the option of mailing swatches. Which I highly recommend.
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all—the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift." - Howard A. Walter
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #162
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

hmwsg: my roommate says "thank you" and a nice amount of pics, too. He was looking for like 2 hours and couldnt even find 1 decent image, he says. That's very helpful ^^

Iddaknoe: Peachskin fabric foorrrr Fenris armor you mean? I stopped in at Jo-Ann's and saw the pleather they had online but I didn't want to buy anything until I'm positive about it. I'll have to look at this peachskin fabric and kind of compare the two.

Currently, due to lack of materials and funds, I started making Fenris's gauntlets using paper origami, electrical tape, and then I plan to spray paint it a silver "hammered" finish. I think they're turning out pretty well. I'll post some pics once I'm relatively close to finishing them. Almost have one hand done ^^
Favieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #163
Bhutas

So I finished Fenris' armour. I went the craft foam root, and while it was time consuming and at times painful, I think the product is pretty damn good! The hands are a pain to put on, though Tell me what you guys think! I had to make some alterations to the gloves he has to get the pieces to fit together properly, though.

Hand

Hand No 2

Hand No 3

Hand and Arm Bracer

Arm Bracers

Breast Plate

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #164
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

O.O I love how all the arm and hand armor looks together! Seriously. Gonna romance you :3
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #165
Palaven
I like big boats.

That. Looks. So. Good. Way to go Bhutas! The whole glove and arm deal looks so seamless! It looks really good. I think you could probably add a bit more umm... dimensioning? Shading? to the chestpiece. I can't really think of the word, haha. Maybe just making it look more popping out with shading underneath those liney bits?

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote