Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 72 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #196
momowolf
2011 : TIA HARRIBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaven View Post
I already have a Fenris costume in the works, actually.
HOLY CHEESECAKE. Fenris.
Prepare for major glomping from both sexes.
... And me.
Seriously. *pulls serious face*

I've actually started on an epically-accurate Isabela costume.
Lucky for me, I can actually do some of the gymnastic rogue-style acrobatics :3
- - -
"Somebody needs a good spanking!"
- The wisdom of Isabela.
momowolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #197
Palaven
I like big boats.

@ momo ] - I'm actually cosplaying Merrill instead now, but Bhutas on here is working on a Fenris and what she has done looks amazing! Wow, can't wait to see your Isabela!

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:22 AM   #198
momowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutas View Post
So I finished Fenris' armour. I went the craft foam root, and while it was time consuming and at times painful, I think the product is pretty damn good! The hands are a pain to put on, though Tell me what you guys think! I had to make some alterations to the gloves he has to get the pieces to fit together properly, though.

Hand

Hand No 2

Hand No 3

Hand and Arm Bracer

Arm Bracers

Breast Plate
Thanks, Palaven! I just noticed ^___^""
DANG, Bhutas those are some good things you got going on there!
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Glomp!
GAH! D:

And uh, would it be OK to post up some progress shots sometime to get some opinions? ... :3
- - -
- The wisdom of Isabela.
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:24 AM   #199
quiescent
quiess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momowolf View Post
And uh, would it be OK to post up some progress shots sometime to get some opinions? ... :3
Thats what we're here for

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #200
momowolf

OK! Quick question :S
How do I approach the "floating daggers" problem?
I'm not sure how to keep them like that on my back XD
Click to see FLOATING!
- - -
- The wisdom of Isabela.
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #201
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

@Bhutas: LOOKING FREAKING AWESOME

@Momowolf: I'm jealous of your moves And I totally noticed that too. I dunno, maybe add hooks to the top or something. Maybe hooks that could come off? I dunno, everything I think of would be visible...

I need to get some progress done...but I'm totally broke. Hopefully make-up tests this weekend...then I'll feel like I'm actually doing something.

I swear, I'm doing stuff in my head >.< But thinking doesn't count as progress xD
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #202
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
>.< But thinking doesn't count as progress xD
It does indeed! you wouldn't believe how many times I've thought about costumes and worked out some of the details and problems in my head before I even start construction saves a lot of headaches!

momowolf: I would try magnets. For my Leliana quiver I used snaps to snap it right to the back of the armour, but that only works if it doesn't need to be taken off. It'll take some planning, but if you build magnets into the construction of the sword and the back of the costume, it should work pretty well Defying physics FTW!

Anyone happen to have any pictures of Merrills default staff or the keepers staff? Many thanks if you do!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #203
BraveKnight

I was playing DA:2 again while balancing out my intense rage for the Lightning Gym leader in Pokemon Black when I remembered I needed to check out if anything had changed here in the DA forum and zomg guys you are waaaay l33t. -.-

Thanks Rexluna for the link to the tutorial! He made it look real easy and I bet that wire is even cheaper than buying the individual rings. If I want to do champion armor hawk then step one is finishing my training for hero build though! =P
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #204
Bhutas

So my wig arrived in the mail, but because I was off doing an ancient Greek language midterm, I wasn't home to accept it. So I have to wait until tomorrow to get it from the post office. BUT IN SAYING THAT, expect makeup test photo's to appear on here sometime later tomorrow~! Doing makeup is mt favourite part, and I can't wait to see if I can pull of Fenris : O

~*2011 Convention Season*~
Otafest, CCEE, Animethon (tentative), Pure Speculation
Bhutas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #205
momowolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
@Momowolf: I'm jealous of your moves And I totally noticed that too. I dunno, maybe add hooks to the top or something. Maybe hooks that could come off? I dunno, everything I think of would be visible...
Haha naw, I'll do some cool aerials in your honour :3 When I first realised I wanted to cosplay her and saw the daggers I was like O__O "Riiiiigghhht. I can do that." XD But yes, I think I might try the magnet thingy, by first building them into my daggers and somehow sewing them into my clothes...

BTW! You + Morrigan = Teh Smexiness. Just sayin' :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
momowolf: I would try magnets. For my Leliana quiver I used snaps to snap it right to the back of the armour, but that only works if it doesn't need to be taken off. It'll take some planning, but if you build magnets into the construction of the sword and the back of the costume, it should work pretty well Defying physics FTW!
Thanks so much for the advice! I'll actually do that because it seems the most promising tactic. I SAW YOUR LELIANA! I totally flipped because it was so epic. Your attention to detail was just... So... Gah! *dies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Anyone happen to have any pictures of Merrills default staff or the keepers staff? Many thanks if you do!
And yes, I happened to take many snap-snappies of both.
Ok I *somehow* managed to get the Keeper's staff (or something very similar) on my first playthrough, as mage.

Here: compare this to this. And if you're happy with that, then use this, this and this.

I also managed to get some good, albeit dark, shots of Merrill's staff here, here and here. (You can lighten them on Photoshop... Right? :S)

Hope that helps!
- - -
- The wisdom of Isabela.

Last edited by momowolf : 03-29-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: the pictures were too darn dark!
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #206
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

Aw, I was gonna suggest the magnet thing for the "floating" look but someone beat me to it
Back when I was looking into Left 4 Dead cosplay, the trick for the floating med pack was magnets. As far as keeping them inplace you could always try to glue or tape them in the right spot on the inside of your shirt so it's not visible, depending on the strength of your magnet anyway. Some don't work with any interference.
There's also the option to make little pockets on the inside that you just stick the magnets into, that way they're removable without really damaging the outfit and are less likely to fall off etc.

Well enough about the magnets, lol.
I have a wig for Fenris being shipped. It's coming from china I guess so.. I hope to god they didn't screw me over, lol. I mean no offense, I just know a lot of people that order things from China get.. different things than what was ordered... Once I get the wig I plan to borrow my sister's synthetic elf ears to see if she has the right shape/size or if I need a different style from hers.
I also did some fabric shopping again and already started trying to make the pouches for his belt. Once I actually get anywhere I'll post some progress.

I also began the spraypainting on the gauntlet but realized that the paint is only making the tape lines a lot more visible. It might take quite a few coats to cover them or I move to another plan and cover them with another material before I paint. Any suggestions are welcome. If I can get rid of the tape lines the paint is looking really good at least.

Sorry for the long post

Addition:
To anyone planning on cosplaying Fenris, the buttons on this vest/tunic are called toggles. It took me like 3 hours to figure that out via web searching. I'm not technical when it comes to clothing. Makes it a lot easier to find materials when you know what they're called

Last edited by Favieko : 03-29-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: added info
Favieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #207
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Thanks for the pix momowolf! I still can't decide which one I want to make though. I think I might go with her default staff since it's more simplified and earthy looking (it is to me anyway) And thank you for the compliments on my Leiliana!! ^^ I hope I finish her soon lol

I styled my wig yesterday as well as print the tattoos. The glue for the tattoos had to dry over night, so today I was able to take some test shots!

My ears are massive, I'm currently looking for a different kind that don't stick out so much. But the tattoos worked out awesome!!!! (too bad the pictures are kind of small and you can't really see them...) I'm sad that I have to take them off; I don't think my work would approve lol

Favieko: Good luck with your wig! I've ordered wigs from China and have never had a problem; I think it's mostly costume pieces people have trouble with. But that's just my experience. I can't wait to see some progress pictures!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #208
Favieko
Roadcones protect my head

Looking awesome, xav! I love to see progress pictures, they're so motivating lol
I've never ordered a wig before. My sister has and never had issues, but there was a time my dad ordered something from china and he got a box full of buddha dolls instead. at another time my cousin did get what she ordered.. but randomly a painting of mother mary along with it. Makes me a little skeptical lol. Can't wait til the wig is here. after I get it I'll style it and do some test shots ^^

Edit**
May I ask which ears you used in your test shot?

Last edited by Favieko : 03-29-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Favieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #209
lissiekun
I do believe in Fairies

Xavietta, your ears are ginormous! lol I would try maybe this pair? Or make your own. They are not that difficult to make if you have the right materials
http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_e...all_anime_ears

Your tattoos look great though! I might try that. Man, I want to start my Merrill costume noooowwwww, but I have my thesis to finish. Only 4 more weeks left of school! I am freaking out! GAH!

I was also thinking of Making Isabela for a friend, but I am perplexed by her insane necklace. I was thinking craft foam? Any thoughts from you guys?
lissiekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #210
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissiekun View Post

I was also thinking of Making Isabela for a friend, but I am perplexed by her insane necklace. I was thinking craft foam? Any thoughts from you guys?
Maybe latex? I know that sounds weird but if you sculpt the necklace and then make a cast of it you could do a slush cast of 407 latex (I've found it to be a very rigid latex) and paint it gold. It wouldn't be too constricting since the latex would have give and she would be able to move her neck more.
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote