Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > 한국어 cosplay.com

View Poll Results: Please dont follow this info in this thread
I cant edit posts and some of the info is wrong 0 0%
Im trying to work with admins to get it fixed... 0 0%
I'm trying to get this one erased and then start a new one 0 0%
Sorry D: 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:49 AM   #1
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Seoul Comic World Info

I CAN NOW UPDATE THINGS AGAIN! : D

Everything is still currently under construction. Please give me some time to get everything to 100%. ^^ Suggestions for info you'd like to see are more than welcome! : 3

------------------------------------------------------

Next Seoul Comic World Dates:
Seoul Comic World 103 -

http://comicw.co.kr/service/main.html

General info:
Price: 4,000 won
Cosplay: Cosplay is allowed at Seoul Comic World. HOWEVER, you MUST change when you reach the convention center and before you leave the convention center.
Changing: There are changing areas for cosplayers. Do not change in the bathrooms please. The staff is crazy about this rule. The only exception is at SETEC. At SETEC the center is connected to the subway, so changing in those bathrooms is okay for the most part. You can also do your hair, make-up, etc. in the subway or when you get inside the center. Just please be polite and don't make messes. ^ ^
Bags: There is a baggage check. Lockers are also available if you're able to snatch one up. Checking a bag is 500 won, and the amount is non refundable. If you need to get something out of your bag half way through the day and then have to put it back, you have to pay an additional 500 won. the bags are fairly large and my friends and I usually just put all of our things in one bag, so don't worry too much about how much you can fit for the most part. ^ ^
Events: The events vary, but are typically cosplay contests (offstage) or skits (onstage), anime singing contests (onstage), drawing contest (offstage), and other types of events are hosted that I am unsure of. ^ ^;

Locations:

aT Center (http://www.atcenter.co.kr/)
- Where it is:
- Features:

SETEC (http://www.setec.or.kr/main.do)
- Where it is:
- Features:

Last edited by Magical Machete : 06-12-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Magical Machete is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
pinapplegum
Laughter is contagious :)

Wooh Comic World! Hey I hear there's a Busan Comic World once every two months. Do you know if it's any good? I imagine it would be bigger since it happens less often... right?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0312933&type=3
pinapplegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #3
Foreversh
Plankton

I was wondering if there are a lot of vendors that sell manga in Japanese?
Foreversh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreversh View Post
I was wondering if there are a lot of vendors that sell manga in Japanese?
Mmmm I dont know for sure but there is always one guy who sells TONS of japanese manga. But almost all of it is used an not all of it is in great shape. ^ ^;
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Foreversh
Plankton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
Mmmm I dont know for sure but there is always one guy who sells TONS of japanese manga. But almost all of it is used an not all of it is in great shape. ^ ^;
Ahh~~ That's not good -.-;;; Are they rare manga, or the most popular manga?
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #6
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Ahh~~ That's not good -.-;;; Are they rare manga, or the most popular manga?
hmmm im not sure. ^ ^; But! if you want, there are a lot of book stores all over korea that sell japanese manga and they have quite a variety.

Last edited by Magical Machete : 05-04-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Magical Machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
Foreversh
Plankton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
hmmm im not sure. ^ ^; But! if you want, there are a lot of book stores all over korea that sell japanese manga and they have quite a variety. ^ ^
Ah yeah ^_^ I've checked out Kyobo and Youngpoong. Do you know of any others that may sell manga? Those are the only bookstores I know because that's pretty much all Daegu has :|

Would you happen to know where I could get random stuff related to anime, like anime notepads, file folders, etc... that aren't One Piece, Hitman Reborn, or Black Butler? Sorry for asking so many questions~~

Hmm~ On another note, I bought a relatively simple costume online. I wanted a more intricate one, but I'm thinking it would suck to try to bring a more elaborate (and heavier) costume back home to Canada along with 2 years worth of stuff when I go back... Gonna try to make it to the May 15th one as that's the weekend of my boyfriend's birthday.
Would you recommend the Saturday or Sunday date? Is any one less crowded than the other?

Last edited by Michi : 06-12-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
[dOrmOUsE]
WorldCosplayID: dormouse

@ Foreversh:
If you can read Korean, there are lots of online stores that import manga and manga related stuff... If you want to find an actual shop, you'll need to look for hobby stores, and even they won't have much. (I think I saw one in Hongdae or Edae, but those are in Seoul...)

As for bringing home costumes... I've spent my 1.5 years in Korea amassing 30+ costumes, 10+ shoes, 5+ large props and a gazillion small props and manga related things, and had to spend about $300~350 to bring them back. (Even had to leave a 120cm sword that cost around $300 at relative's place because it was too big and I didn't want to break it T-T).
That took up 1/3 of the things I was sending back lol.
If you live in the states or Canada, there's a service called DreamBag that'll cost around $120 to send about 35kgs of stuff in a oversized bag. ($99ea for addinal bags!)
It usually costs around $90~100 to send a large box through EMS, so it's a good deal, and if you think your things will survive through a month-long sea trip, go ahead and splurge on those costumes~
I packed all my stuff with bubblewrap and boxes before stuffing them in the provided bag, and they came a-okay!

As for the convention, from what I know, most stuff happens in Saturday, so Sunday should be less crowded...
If you're looking for photo opportunities, the photographers and photo-happy cosplayers crowd around the bridge behind the SETEC building, and some might hand out cards for where you can get your photo.

Last edited by [dOrmOUsE] : 04-09-2011 at 06:33 AM.
[dOrmOUsE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
Foreversh
Plankton

Would anyone have any information on buying coloured contacts? Like, a site~ I'm currently debating over whether or not to make an attempt to explain to an optometrist(who does not speak English) that I want non-prescription contact lenses with a red tint... Online seems like an easier venture

@[dOrmOUsE]
I can read Korean, but understanding it is a whole different ball game :P However, I've found that stores mainly have Black Butler, Hitman Reborn, and One Piece, which do not interest me at all. Just seeing if there were other options out there for manga-related items^_^

It's nice to know about a service like Dreambag. Oddly, I cannot find any information on it. Typing in Dreambag leads me to a baby site. Would you happen to have a url for me to look up? If things work out with this cosplay, then perhaps I'll try a more extravagant cosplay next time ^_^
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
[dOrmOUsE]
WorldCosplayID: dormouse

Err... If you can navigate around it, here for colour contacts.
Especially for cosplay contacts!
It's the 7th down on the item list, with the naruto-ish contact pic.
(For whatever the reason, most online contact lens stores stopped selling cosplay lenses except this site...)
Gives you loooads of freebies too!

Here for DreamBag, but that's in Korean too T-T;;;
They have a number, so maybe try calling them?

Last edited by [dOrmOUsE] : 04-11-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Link
[dOrmOUsE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Comic Cozzle sells comics and related items. ^ ^ There is one in Gangnam. ^ ^ I know there are more but Ive been to that one.

I wish that site had larger contacts. T ^T i need at least a 14.2mm lens because of my stupid eyes. T ^T

I just go off base nearby for contacts. Why dont you just take a korean friend with you? Most optometry places have circle lenses (cosplay lenses or lenses with vibrant colours defined by the limbal ring on the lens) or just plain coloured contacts. ^ ^ Out in Korea-land, they average at about 30,000W to 50,000 won a pair. ^ ^

I order contacts from pinky paradise. ^ ^ They have prescription and non prescription lenses there. ^ ^ I'm not sure how much shipping is to korea because I have a US address on base. D: But! If you wanna order from them, I cant tell you how to get it sent here and I can either meet up with you or mail them to you through the korean post.

Con activities vary by month. For example, last time, Saturday was a slow day with a smaller turn out because the talent show/masqarade/pretty much all events were on Sunday. There were a TON more people. The time before that I think all the events were on Saturday though. I'm getting all the times Ive gone all mixed up anymore. XD ;;;; This next Seoul Comic World has the Anime singing contest and a doujin battle on Sunday. Seems like saturday doesn thave too much happening...
Unread 04-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
Foreversh
Plankton

@[dOrmOUsE]
Thanks for the sites! I ordered the contacts from the site you gave me. I haven't tried them on yet, but my boyfriend did and they don't fit completely over his pupils... It's sort of creepy @_@
The Dreambag website will come in handy when I move :P I want to keep my suitcase lighter

@Magical Machete
Thanks for the information about the contacts~ I ordered from the site that Dormouse recommended. Though I haven't tried them on yet, my bf has and it doesn't fit over his pupils properly. I'm hoping I don't have that problem. I do really appreciate all the info, just in case I do run into problems with the contacts.

Do you participate in any of the events? What exactly is a doujin battle? Is it a drawing contest? Will you be going to the May 15/16th con? How long do you normally spend at a convention?
Unread 04-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

I hope they fit you too ^^ as for the doujin battle its pretty much an art contest. If its the right thing im thinking about lol

Ill be there the 14-15th as ty lee from atla. I usually show up around 11 and leave at around 5... i usually but everything i want outside, get my stamp and go inside to change then to bag check so i dont have to carry anything unless i want something from inside. Sometimes i leave earlier because im cold or too tired to pose for pictures and walk around more. Lol

I dont participate cause my friends are too afraid to join me lol so i just cosplay. ^ ^;
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
Foreversh
Plankton

I might not be able to make the May 15th one There has been a snag with our costumes -.-;;; Apparently they won't be able to arrive before the end of May. I want to see if I can get different costumes, but I am not sure if I'll be able to yet... Here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

I think I would like to join the anime singing contest :P Though I find most Koreans have excellent singing voices :| So, yeah~ Perhaps no singing here on my part~

Just a question about props... Are there many cosplayers who use weapons, like swords and guns? How acceptable are guns? I know that kids run around in Korea with quite realistic looking guns and such, but what is the view on bringing them to cons?
Is there a security check or something similar? I don't want to run into trouble :P

Last edited by Michi : 06-12-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #15
Ship
I will bodyslam you

Quote:
Just a question about props... Are there many cosplayers who use weapons, like swords and guns? How acceptable are guns? I know that kids run around in Korea with quite realistic looking guns and such, but what is the view on bringing them to cons?
Is there a security check or something similar? I don't want to run into trouble :P
as long as they can see that it's clearly fake, there shouldn't be a problem. I have heard of stories where guns, fake or not, aren't allowed on grounds at all but I'm not too sure. I think you'll be fine as long as you don't lose the orange tip.
Ship is offline   Reply With Quote