Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #5851
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Will you make a tutorial as you make your sleeves? That sounds like what I've always wanted to do for eternal sleeves.
I'm going to try to =)
I always take progress photos and upload them to my Photo Bucket with production notes. I just have to wait until I can get money and can get to the store that has the silicon/rubber I want to use. I'm hoping it comes together without too much stress since I have to make both mine and Hime No Toki's for her Eternal Chibi Moon.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #5852
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Rantage:

one of the girl's in my cosplay dance group can't make it to our 2nd to final rehersal. Nor can she be bothered to show up to have HER COSTUME fitted to her which is being MADE FOR HER by another member-free of charge.
We've supplied her with everything basically and are doing this out of kindness.

But the fact that she doesn't even care to show up or give us a damn good reason, makes me Really Dislike her. It's more or less a slap in the face, and it's as if she has better things to do-when she really doesn't. She's fourteen, only has school and thinks being with her friends 24/7 is more important than spending one day with us. She honestly does not care-at all, and doesn't even seem appreciative.

It really disheartens me, and can't wait to work with our NEW Venus after this convention. <3

Note: Our convention is in two weeks, and this is why I'm so angry at our current girl. (Her entire family seems like this, unreliable and they just seem to expect things to fall in their laps-without a simple "thank you")

I've become an age stickler, and a person who wants people to LEARN on their own and not become so dependent. Maybe it's because I'm just really independent, and have always been so, and I don't break my promises that frequently but to me, it just comes down to reliability and being honest and actually Interested in the group.
/End Rant

Anyway; I'm excited, nervous, and keep having insane con dreams. I finished my collar for Chibiusa+shirt (minus snap+button fixture) and just have to sew on my straps+make a button hole(s) into my skirt. And that'll be finished.
I will not be wearing contacts because I feel that is an unnecessary expense at this point. And I also figure, naturally in normal circumstances, Chibiusa WOULD have blue eyes since both Usagi and Darien have blue eyes. Uh-durrr.... So that's my "artistic feat". Along with the buttons...

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #5853
ladyxzeus
Mrs. Lady Gackt Camui

She inherited the red eyes from some other generation, probably. xD xD

As for the girl, lesson learned: don't trust kids. Kids don't know better and they still haven't learned of responsability. It's not our function to teach them that, it's their parents function. It will go better next time.

Waratte oemashou sore ha chiisana na inori
ladyxzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #5854
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airpwane View Post
Does anyone know how to make (or have any ideas) the eternal puff sleeves? I'm drawing a blank on how to approach them x_x
It'll be basically impossible to do it with fabric to get a PERFECT round shape like they have in the anime, unless you do the rubber/silicone way that ShiNo_Usagi was talking about. But to do it in fabric, all you need to do is add fullness to the cap and possibly to the hem of the sleeve, depending on how much "poof" you'd actually want.

I haven't really found a tutorial online that shows exactly what I'm talking about but I can recommend that you try and find one, or even try and find the book Patternmaking for Fashion design by Helen Joseph-Armstrong. Theres a few pages on it, which tell you exactly how to do it. I might make a quick tutorial if I have the time to. ^^; and sorry if this wasn't too much help.
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #5855
airpwane
asdf

I bought my fabric yesterday! I started cutting out the pieces for my skirt and collar, and when I went to add the stripe to my collar, I realized that Eternals have a GOLD stripe instead of a WHITE stripe. I bought white ribbon... /facepalm

Eternals DO have a GOLD stripe, right?

Florida Anime Experience '11
Eternal Sailor Saturn (75%)
Sailor Venus (probably not)

Metrocon '11

Friday - Yukina (YYH) ( 5% )
Saturday - Eternal Sailor Saturn ( 75% )
Sunday - Sailor Venus

Down the road...
Yuna (FFX)
Princess Saturn
Eternal Sailor Neptune
Super Sailor Chibi Moon
Super/Eternal Sailor Moon (SeraMyu)
Princess Sailor Moon (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)
Melfina (Outlaw Star)
Shelke - Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus
airpwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #5856
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
I bought my fabric yesterday! I started cutting out the pieces for my skirt and collar, and when I went to add the stripe to my collar, I realized that Eternals have a GOLD stripe instead of a WHITE stripe. I bought white ribbon... /facepalm

Yes they do.

But if you've added it now, you can either try taking it off and replacing it with gold ribbon or leave it be.
Chances are people won't notice. Besides, aren't there three small and really thin stripes on her collar - that makes it even more less noticeable.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #5857
Naffisnevercool

Okay! So basically everything is done except the boot covers and the brooches and I'm pretty darn proud of it since it's my first 'real' cosplay. I've never really thought so in-depth about a project before (or stuck with something with such dedication) and I think I did a pretty good job:

Sailor Uranus Front
Sailor Uranus Back
Super Sailor Uranus Front
Super Sailor Uranus Back

Between the 'two costumes', the only things I'd be changing are the brooches, collar, back bow and either remove the third sleeve or the sheer part. I didn't have to remove anything else between switches. I'm really proud of that. (Especially the sleeves)
Naffisnevercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #5858
airpwane
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
Yes they do.

But if you've added it now, you can either try taking it off and replacing it with gold ribbon or leave it be.
Chances are people won't notice. Besides, aren't there three small and really thin stripes on her collar - that makes it even more less noticeable.
I haven't added the stripe yet.

And isn't Moon the only one with 3 stripes? Don't the rest have 1?

Florida Anime Experience '11
Eternal Sailor Saturn (75%)
Sailor Venus (probably not)

Metrocon '11

Friday - Yukina (YYH) ( 5% )
Saturday - Eternal Sailor Saturn ( 75% )
Sunday - Sailor Venus

Down the road...
Yuna (FFX)
Princess Saturn
Eternal Sailor Neptune
Super Sailor Chibi Moon
Super/Eternal Sailor Moon (SeraMyu)
Princess Sailor Moon (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)
Melfina (Outlaw Star)
Shelke - Final Fantasy Dirge of Cerberus
airpwane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #5859
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
I haven't added the stripe yet.

And isn't Moon the only one with 3 stripes? Don't the rest have 1?
Moon always has more stripes than the rest. Yes, the rest have just one stripe for Eternal =)

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #5860
rankin24
PirateHime!

Quote:

It depends.. sometimes they're drawn with white and sometimes with gold; I've seen both cosplayed so it's more so up to you, whatever your preferences are
Mavis Vermillion; Fairy Tail

Last edited by rankin24 : 04-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.
rankin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #5861
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffisnevercool View Post
Okay! So basically everything is done except the boot covers and the brooches and I'm pretty darn proud of it since it's my first 'real' cosplay. I've never really thought so in-depth about a project before (or stuck with something with such dedication) and I think I did a pretty good job:

Sailor Uranus Front
Sailor Uranus Back
Super Sailor Uranus Front
Super Sailor Uranus Back

Between the 'two costumes', the only things I'd be changing are the brooches, collar, back bow and either remove the third sleeve or the sheer part. I didn't have to remove anything else between switches. I'm really proud of that. (Especially the sleeves)
it looks really good!!!!!

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #5862
jjcpammc09

No one answered my question on the school uniform. How did you make the shirt? I would like to do both the Junior High and High School, summer and winter.
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #5863
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcpammc09 View Post
No one answered my question on the school uniform. How did you make the shirt? I would like to do both the Junior High and High School, summer and winter.
The shirts shouldn't be too hard to do! They're basically a simple pattern, and the sailor collars aren't too hard, theres a bunch of good tutorials, and I'm sure you could google other ones too!

To me, the shirts just seem like boxes, because they're not too form fitting, so I personally think its just a matter of taking your own measurements and just adding to them until they're more more box-like.

I don't know about your pattern making skills (Forgive me, I'm a big lover of making patterns from scratch) but I dont think it'd be too hard to do that, and I think the only major difference is the sleeve length. Which if you have the measurements, shouldn't be to hard to adjust. I'm thinking of eventually making some tutorials for Sailor Moon costumes since it was my favorite anime for the longest time.

If you google Sailor Moon School Uniforms you should see some images where you can tell that its basically a rectangle with sleeves and a sailor collar attached to it.
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #5864
sakura_petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcpammc09 View Post
I just used a t-shirt pattern and modifed the neck line and length. That's what it looks like to me just a short t-shirt with a sailor collar.
sakura_petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #5865
jjcpammc09

Thank you
jjcpammc09 is offline   Reply With Quote