Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #271
DarkHayama

Haha, there's a mod that I got that puts pants on Isabela. Don't get me wrong, I'm a guy and I'm certainly a fan of attractive ladies...but man, that girl just needed some pants!
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #272
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHayama View Post
Haha, there's a mod that I got that puts pants on Isabela. Don't get me wrong, I'm a guy and I'm certainly a fan of attractive ladies...but man, that girl just needed some pants!
Lol. Thats awesome. I think they gave her Flemeth's pantless idea in the end. I wanted to do Flemeth at first but i dont have much time for that hair! Lol. Maybe i will do shera.....i mean Meredith. who knows.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #273
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Palaven: No problem! If it's jacket leather it's probably either lightweight cowhide or lambskin (not that it makes any difference lol) I think you're on to something with weaving it, especially since you started out with a fabric backing. If you still want to go that route I say go for it, just practice a bunch first with cheap material ^^

Rexluna: You're welcome! lol I know, cows are huge. They also sell single shoulders that average about 6-10 square feet. It looks like they're on sale right now for $3/square foot, which is pretty good!

DarkHayama: I'm glad you said that! I love Isabela's outfit but seriously, with the no pants thing it's a little ridiculous haha

In somewhat progress news, I found a good wig for my husbands Mage Hawke. I need to transfer some money to my PayPal account and after that I'll buy that, my ears and chainmail rings....and then the real work begins lol
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #274
[Rubedo]
Moved to ThornQueen

I get to start helping my friend with his Fenris armor soon, I'm actually looking forward to it quite a bit since it will be good practice before starting on my boyfriends Champion Mage Hawke armor. :]

One of these days I'll have time for MY costumes. After looking at Merrill some more, I'm just not sure who I will cosplay from DA2 if after doing M!Hakwe for my boyfriend I don't have time to put together F!Hawke.

UPCOMMING COSPLAYS:
Stormy - Rainbow Brite
Heartseeker Vayne - League of Legends
Din - Legend of Zelda
Ringo Noyamano - Air Gear
[Rubedo] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #275
youjik33

Isabela's top isn't THAT bad -- kind of cleavage-y, but not too scandalous. It's her lack of pants that's... awkward, and if you wanted you could always wear a leotard or leggings instead. I don't think anyone would begrudge you that XD

Of course she also wears thigh-high leather boots and ridiculous jewelry...

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #276
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

@Xavietta: So then would you recommend 6-7 oz? I have no idea what that means in terms of leather...

And yeah mean. I think Isabela shops at the same jeweler as Morrigan. I remember I thought her outfit was alright until I saw her introductory cutscene. I was like, HELL NO. She'd be flashing people all over the place in that get-up. Not that she'd mind, I'm sure, but still...why would a former ship captain wear something like that? Shouldn't she be aware of wind and it's tendency to flip skirts up? Whatever lmao
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #277
DarkHayama

Well, she does like being a tease...but on a ship of men that she requires mandatory...alone time, I don't think it's a proper outfit. Still, she has been stuck in Kirkwall for a bit, so maybe she didn't wear that when she was sailing, but started when she ended up in Kirkwall. I mean, it's possible, and you can almost pretend it explains looking so different from DA:O...except for the fact that her face looks totally different too =p
DarkHayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #278
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
@Xavietta: So then would you recommend 6-7 oz? I have no idea what that means in terms of leather...
Technically 1 ounce equals 1/64 of an inch. So, 8/9oz is about 1/8 of an inch thick. I think 6/7 oz will work fine. For my Merrill pieces and Mage Hawke pieces I'm using something between a 6/7 and 8/9.

Speaking of leather, I finally picked up the stuff for my cosplays yay! I got the vegi-tan leather, dyes and some thread. I might need to get some lightweight leather for some of Hawkes pieces, but I'll worry about that later.

Rubedo: Good luck with your costumes! I can't wait to see progress. And don't be afraid to work on your costumes at the same time as your friends It's not fair if you have to ONLY work on theirs haha
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #279
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

So, those single shoulders...are they in that really light tan color then? Because in that case, it seems like it would probably be too light, so then I'd have to dye it right?

Just wanna make sure I know what I'm getting into and I'm fully prepared xD
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #280
IddaKnoe
Idda Knoe

Isabela is by far my favorite out of all the games. She was cool in Origin, and I was so happy to see her return with a bigger role.

I've done a very crude test embossing for a piece on Anders' belt. It turned out pretty good. I'll do more smoothing when I settle on the final one. It's also backwards. Not sure how I managed that.
IddaKnoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #281
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Rex: Yeah the vegi-tan leather is basically raw. You need to put something on it, even if it's just a sealer because it'll actually tan in the light haha The color I chose was range tan it's not quite as dark as in the picture. You'll also need some kind of sealer. I personally go for carnauba cream. It's a water based wax sealer with some flexability and water resistance. I seems a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of the basics, its more about experimenting, perfecting your technique and having fun with it ^^

Idda: That looks pretty awesome so far! Do you mean the design is backwards? I didn't notice lol
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #282
jujubee33
Neeeeeeerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
I have to say, I sympathize with everyone trying to convince their significant others to cosplay, I hope they come around! I don't make costumes for my husband unless he gets REALLY excited abut the character. In this case he did, and it'll be the first couples cosplay we've done where we can actually be a couple instead of enemies. heh
Thankfully, I know my fiance. If he really didn't want to do it, I'd never push. He's just very shy. He loves dressing up, and loves any excuse to do so on Halloween. I just know that he's going to be a bit shy on the idea of dressing up for a con until he does it and finds that he loves it, 'cause I know he will

As far as progress, I was retarded and didn't get enough funds in my Paypal account for my wigs. So, next week I'll get them. For now though, I got some basic patterning for Flemeth's crown done. http://img856.imageshack.us/i/dscn0775uy.jpg/

This weekend I'll likely work out the small nicks and wonderflex it up.
jujubee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #283
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

@Xavietta: Thank you! I hope you don't mind all the questions...I'll probably continue to bug you once I get the materials xD Thank goodness for their sale! I get paid next friday so I'll probably order it all then.

@Juju: Whoa! It's looking awesome so far!

I really wanted to already have make-up tests for Hawke done, but I forgot it was tax time D: My mom does taxes and hasn't been home to help me cut the wig. I don't trust myself with scissors on something this precise. Especially when I have no one who can wear the wig for me xD My boyfriend's head is too big haha.
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #284
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
hmwsg x : YOU ARE AWESOME POSSUM. I can't thank you enough for the screenshots!

I have to say, I sympathize with everyone trying to convince their significant others to cosplay, I hope they come around! I don't make costumes for my husband unless he gets REALLY excited abut the character. In this case he did, and it'll be the first couples cosplay we've done where we can actually be a couple instead of enemies. heh
You are welcome!

And yeah, my boyfriend is so flighty about costumes. Sometimes he expresses a deep interest for a costume, I start researching it and gathering supplies and then he decides against it T_T This time he promised he will wear an Alistair costume, so I am holding it to him! I bought some pricey boots so now he cannot back out of it >_>
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #285
youjik33

Alistair, eh? What kind of outfit are you putting him in? The one problem with the first game is that people didn't really have signature outfits, except Morrigan...

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote