Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 04-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

19 Dayyyssss......................................... .

LAST MINUTE PREPARATION.......

thing i wanna do:
EAT AT ANT TACO BELLLLLL (hope we see one in the travel^^)

seee friends ^^ i miss them a looot
doo alll maskerade ( no history ^^)
do pannel @_0''
try to go to new york too would be fuuun^^

you what you do not wanna miss nya!

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Oh, glory. I've only just finished Misha's underwear. I have so much to do.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

me too me too ^^ so stuck on my vamopire one nya!!!! silly me =-='''' stuck stuck =-= hope i can finish in time and stop being stuck in like how do i do =-= arrgg!!
but ill try my best hehe^^

hang on people^^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Oh, god, that means it's 17 days until my stupid thesis is due. Eeeek!

Though, costume wise, I'm not stressed at all. My hat for the Saxon gown is about half done (and I started Thursday, so it'll be done soon), and I still need to do some adjustment on the Zelda costume. But eeeeek thesis eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

*collapse*
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

It's really nice not to have to worry about anything this year.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I'm just glad this isn't like some of the past projects where, two weeks out, there are still things we aren't sure how to do (i.e. when we made Pit and King Dedede for Archon last October). It's really just a matter of sewing and painting at this point. All of the logistics and research are done, done, done.

My husband is working on his medals today. I'm still puttering away on my shirt which seems to be the most difficult part of the costumes. It's my first time making what should be a simple button-down shirt, but they're really quite complicated for no good reason.

Of course, it's not helping that I've decided to finish every seam this year and don't yet have a working serger. Doing French seams on my slip and welt seams on my brassiere took a long time. Thankfully, most of the other pieces are lined, so finishing the seams is not a big deal.
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Without any competition pieces this year minus the doll contest. I'm all set. I still have a hall costume to finish up and the doll contest piece is close to being finished but I'm not stressed over it. Last year at this time I was still trying to finish things so this is loads better.
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Hat: just needs feathers!
Thesis: Finished the first round of editing!
Doll costume: It's been done for a while, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's competition worthy. It's pretty, but not all that special. Hmm.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Of course, it's not helping that I've decided to finish every seam this year and don't yet have a working serger. Doing French seams on my slip and welt seams on my brassiere took a long time. Thankfully, most of the other pieces are lined, so finishing the seams is not a big deal.
Why do you need a serger for finishing seams? Are you working exclusively with knits? Which can still be finished with a regular machine but I understand that sergers do very nice knit seams.

French, flat-fell & welt seams are tedious but very nice looking & historically accurate for many things.
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
I'm still puttering away on my shirt which seems to be the most difficult part of the costumes. It's my first time making what should be a simple button-down shirt, but they're really quite complicated for no good reason.
When I was in high school button-down oxford shirts were all the rage. And a huge pain even before you had to deal with dozens of buttons. They should be simple but definitely aren't.
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
Hat: just needs feathers!
Thesis: Finished the first round of editing!
Doll costume: It's been done for a while, but I'm not sure if I feel like it's competition worthy. It's pretty, but not all that special. Hmm.
Yeah thesis!

Aww, put the doll in the show! Pretty is good.
Unread 04-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Drago View Post
Why do you need a serger for finishing seams? Are you working exclusively with knits? Which can still be finished with a regular machine but I understand that sergers do very nice knit seams.

French, flat-fell & welt seams are tedious but very nice looking & historically accurate for many things.
Yeah, that was to finish my rayon knits. I did it with my normal machine's faux serger stitch, but I'm not sure if that will look accurate enough. I finished the bra and the shirtwaist last night. From this point on, everything is lined, so no more worries about the seam finishes.
Unread 04-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Yeah, that was to finish my rayon knits. I did it with my normal machine's faux serger stitch, but I'm not sure if that will look accurate enough. I finished the bra and the shirtwaist last night. From this point on, everything is lined, so no more worries about the seam finishes.
If you can show in your documentation that an overlock stitch was standard for the period, fabric & garment, then just state that you attempted to re-create the look of an overlock stitch without an overlock machine.

It shows that you know what is correct & tried to re-create that within certain limitations (not owning an industrial overlock machine, for instance).
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

Don't suppose anyone knows what the room total is for 3 nights and 4 nights? I tried calling the hotel to find out and I've not gotten a person yet aside of the one that transfers my call. I know it's a 109 a night, but I've never been good at figuring out the stupid hotel tax and money is really, really, really limited.
khenemetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #15
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenemetset View Post
Don't suppose anyone knows what the room total is for 3 nights and 4 nights? I tried calling the hotel to find out and I've not gotten a person yet aside of the one that transfers my call. I know it's a 109 a night, but I've never been good at figuring out the stupid hotel tax and money is really, really, really limited.
We're staying 5 nights and it's just over 600, I think it rounds out to about 125 a night with taxes & stuff.