Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
LockedxxHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrogirl View Post
My experience with China based cosplay-wigs was positive, but it's nice to see a small American based wig seller. I've been looking to purchase the "Yosh! Princely Hero Type" for my Tamaki and Eiri Yuki cosplays.. but was wondering about the color. Im interested in more of a natural blonde, not gold.. so I hope that the color is what Im searching for when I place my order. I JUST received a blonde Twiggy from the awesome Kayla on here but was not impressed with the quality. Good thing I bought it a bit cheaper, I guess. LockedxxHeart, your Arthur wig looks great, btw!
Thank you so much!
I definitely reccomend this wig for a Tamaki cosplay. It's the right shade of blonde, pretty easy to put on, and it was incredibly easy for me to style for my England cosplay. Plus the price for the quality was a steal!
And believe me, this wig is far from gold. I do think it could pass as a natural color (if you have platinum blonde hair), but I absolutely adore the color. I think it'd work quite nicely for your Tamaki cosplay.

If you have any more questions on this wig feel free to let me know, since I own it and have for...five months? Eh, whatever xD!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
Electrogirl
Waiting is wasting

Okay! How are the fibers? The Twiggy literally feels like a broom. I don't like it at all.. ): So I'm definitely saving up for a new wig.
Electrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #18
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

My wig was super soft and easy to detangle.
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Gypsyangelf4i- you said your wig shipped pretty quick to you. If i ordered a wig from them today or tomorrow would i receive it by the 21st of this month. ?
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
LockedxxHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrogirl View Post
Okay! How are the fibers? The Twiggy literally feels like a broom. I don't like it at all.. ): So I'm definitely saving up for a new wig.
So soft! It feels like I am petting a kitty! All of my wigs are so soft, and they style beautifully.
And like Gypsy said, very easy to detangle for long wigs. I can detangle my C.C. wig easily!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #21
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

Name of Commissioner: The Five Wits
Website/C.com gallery :http://thefivewits.net/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ichimaru Gin Wig from bleach
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: i havent taken pictures of it yet so heres a link to its picture on the website
http://thefivewits.net/2011/03/pale-...endable-smile/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): order saturday , it shipped out monday and i got it in the mail today the 20th.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Pros:
Omg the is a really beautiful color.
The wig cap resembles many of my other wigs
The fibers of the wig is soft i love it.
The color reminds me of tuti's from the musical
Really fast shipping
Really nice and understanding.

Con's:
None
Final Grade: A+

I really recommend them. ^^
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Gypsyangelf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoPanda View Post
Gypsyangelf4i- you said your wig shipped pretty quick to you. If i ordered a wig from them today or tomorrow would i receive it by the 21st of this month. ?
Sorry, saw this too late to reply. But for future reference YES, they offer express shipping (2-3 business days) for only $3 more.
Unread 05-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
Gypsyangelf4i

BTW I have to brag on their customer service a bit. I just received a wig with a small defect (it happens rarely,no biggie) It wasn't anything that kept me from wearing the wig,but it would bother me in the long run.I wrote them about it and They responded immediately, apologized and dropped me another one in the mail today,after checking it for defects first of course, even before I can ship this one back. Now THAT's how you keep your customers happy. A+++++ I couldn't even imagine if this had happened with a Chinese wig company. Oh the nightmare of waiting 3 weeks for a wig only to have to send it back and then waiting another 3 weeks for the new one. XD

I have to say, I'll definitely continue ordering from them in the future. And don't let the idea of getting a dud wig from them deter you. If you order many wigs, it's only a matter of time before you'll get at least one with a small defect. I just hope your customer service experience is as good as mine when it does happen.
Unread 05-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #24
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

I recommend a wig for a friend who will be my Kisuke Urahara so I know it be great. Just waiting for him to received it so I can see it myself.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
AnimeViolinist

Looking to buy their "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" and possibly "Super Master Genius Trainer" and/or "Fire Spinning Cross Tattoo" soon. I'll be sure to post a review. Really excited to buy from them.
Amaimon!Fem - 5%
Miss Martian - 15%
Sailor Uranus - 60%
Nishio Nishiki - 30%
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #26
Gypsyangelf4i

ZOMG I just ordered yet another wig from The Five Wits. I got this one:

http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/giant-prop-sand-slam/

I ordered it for my Matt cosplay and I paid them a very little bit extra to trim the bangs. It is soooo awesome. The layers are perfect!! I'll have pics up after wearing it this weekend at SeishunCon.

BTW I have noticed that my long wig I ordered from them is a whole lot less tangly than my long wig from Ebay. Hmmmm :-/
Unread 06-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
AnimeViolinist

So, I bought "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" And "Super Master Genius Trainer"
SSLH:
Really nice wig, just have to move the ponytail-thing down a bit, and it would be perfect with minimal styling to the bangs. However, it's... Exxtremely hard to get it to cover the back of my neck and the area around my ears without pulling it so far down that it begins to show the hair that's pinned on my forehead.Tips? Also, it looks pretty nice on the top, but all thrown together underneath and it has a lot of fly-aways that can't be fixed. ^^;

SMGT:
I absolutely looove this wig. It would work perfectly for L (Death Note) and/or Sasuke, since you can style it with just your fingers really easily. I ordered it for Sebastian, so it will take a bit of styling, but not too much. It came out of the package nearly perfect. :3

Also, I ordered them the Wednesday or Thursday before Memorial Day and I got them on Tuesday the next week.
Amaimon!Fem - 5%
Miss Martian - 15%
Sailor Uranus - 60%
Nishio Nishiki - 30%

Last edited by AnimeViolinist : 06-05-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Shipping
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
Gypsyangelf4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeViolinist View Post
So, I bought "Sharp Shooter Lady Hawk" And "Super Master Genius Trainer"
SSLH:
Really nice wig, just have to move the ponytail-thing down a bit, and it would be perfect with minimal styling to the bangs. However, it's... Exxtremely hard to get it to cover the back of my neck and the area around my ears without pulling it so far down that it begins to show the hair that's pinned on my forehead.Tips? Also, it looks pretty nice on the top, but all thrown together underneath and it has a lot of fly-aways that can't be fixed. ^^;

SMGT:
I absolutely looove this wig. It would work perfectly for L (Death Note) and/or Sasuke, since you can style it with just your fingers really easily. I ordered it for Sebastian, so it will take a bit of styling, but not too much. It came out of the package nearly perfect. :3

Also, I ordered them the Wednesday or Thursday before Memorial Day and I got them on Tuesday the next week.
Their wigs should be adjustable. If that doesn't work, try emailing them for some tips. They're always uber helpful and eager to please. Also the wefting is usually pretty stretchable, so maybe try pulling it down a bit more than you normally would in the back?? not sure really though...sorry.

As for that other wig...I know right!! That wig is so awesome!! I use it for my L and Sebastian. I love it soooo much
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #29
MercuryLampe
based minto

Hey there, guys! Bumping this thread, because I'm about to order a wig from the Five Wits, and I was wondering about the shipping time. I'm in desperate need for this wig to arrive before the 14th of July (Harry Potter midnight premiere!), but I don't want to pay extra for express shipping. With the normal shipping, will it come in time? I'm so worried about the shipping time, but I think the wig looks perfect for my costume <3 I'm so happy that I found this website though, all of your reviews are so positive, plus it's a US-based shop, which is great So...oh! And one more thing...are their blonde wigs thick enough that they'll cover dark brown hair? I'm worried about that as well...My hair is very very short, so I can fit it all under the wig, but the last light colored wig I bought (not from TFW, thank goodness!) showed my hair underneath and it looked awful
Eheheh, sorry for my noob questions >___<;;
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #30
Gypsyangelf4i

Dude, you're almost next door to The Five Wits (in PA). I live all the way in Georgia and without express shipping the wig still came in like a week. So if you order it now, you should have no worries. But FYI express was only like an extra. $3.

Also, I've never had a problem with their wigs concealing my hair. Just buy a light colored wig cap to go under it. Which is something you should be doing anyway. If still unsure, email them.