Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:40 AM   #16
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliekitten View Post
Have a military fashion fetish. Love the Nazi SS uniforms the most (it's unfortunate about what their purpose was, because their uniforms were so awesome looking)
Russian uniforms I like as well.
American ones I'm not as into except for maybe marines (like the jacket with the red trim)

Some things that are offensive to people are the nazi symbol and yes, wearing medals that you did not earn. There will always be the few who get offended when you wear military fashion.
Going to goth clubs and being dressed up, I've had people in the military come up to me and say- "You're an idiot for dressing that way and I think you're dumb and dumb looking!" (paraphrasing) so I respond by saying: (and this is my response- I am not trying to start an argument or debate here, just merely stating how I respond) "I don't think you're very bright yourself signing up for the military and fighting/dying for a country that doesn't care about you"

So really, what I'm saying is, if you are going to dress military, then be ready to have people come up to you and let their opinions be heard. That doesn't mean you can't shoot back with your own opinion.

you know what? as much as I despise the fact that you just spit on what I do with my life, Im cool with it, and I will defend youre right to say it to the death. just dont ever say it my face.

also, speaking of military fashion: why is it...so many female marines wear the pants with the dress uniform?! the skirts look SO MUCH BETTER! hence why I wear em when I break out my blues ^_^
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #17
Dengeki-kun
Herp to the Derp

I have some combat boots that resemble some of the 1940s style combat boots. And the website I got them from also has a long list of other combat boots that are all hand-made and authentic leather. I even found one that has a holster for a combat knife on the side of the boots

"Your voice is getting in the way of me telling you to shut up..." -Ikki Takeda
Dengeki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

I personally think people wearing US military uniforms when not is the military is tacky. ^ ^;;; Well,,, The camo aspect of it. I can see why you could possibly like the dress uniforms... But I see far too many people running around in digi camo bottoms, a BDU top, and then something stupid like flip flops. lol IDK. Maybe if I saw someone make a decent outfit I wouldnt be so appalled. LOL

And even though I am in the Army, one of my good friends owns an SS Nazi uniform that ran him about $600. It's completely accurate from the material to the trim and buttons. ^ ^ I love it to bits. LOL When I'm freezing at a con cause I'm too lazy to line my cosplays, the jacket from that uniform is more than enough to keep me warm xD

Also, please don't wear ribbons you didnt earn... That's a big no-no. Because it's against the law. We enlisted so that the people who aren't serving don't have to. Without us fighting voluntarily, you or your loved ones would be drafted. So don't be so cruel to the military. We give away our rights so you can keep yours.
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #19
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
Also, please don't wear ribbons you didnt earn... That's a big no-no. Because it's against the law. We enlisted so that the people who aren't serving don't have to. Without us fighting voluntarily, you or your loved ones would be drafted. So don't be so cruel to the military. We give away our rights so you can keep yours.
I thought they did away with that after axing the Stolen Valor Act, saying it was unconstitutional.

But then again, I haven't been keeping up with the entire thing. I got an aquaintance that wears Navy uniforms out in public despite not military himself. Says he's going to join the US Coast Guard after HS after since their uniforms are cool and makes a big deal that he got some congressman or commander to allow him to wear uniforms in public. Loves saying HOORAH a lot too...
The Seventh Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #20
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seventh Sea View Post
I thought they did away with that after axing the Stolen Valor Act, saying it was unconstitutional.

But then again, I haven't been keeping up with the entire thing. I got an aquaintance that wears Navy uniforms out in public despite not military himself. Says he's going to join the US Coast Guard after HS after since their uniforms are cool and makes a big deal that he got some congressman or commander to allow him to wear uniforms in public. Loves saying HOORAH a lot too...
IDK. Last year I was told it was still in effect.

I don't like the sound of your friend. He's a fraud.

I honestly don't care at this point. I'm serving a country full of ungrateful pigs anyways, so them lying about serving or earning medals shouldn't even matter to me anymore. I should have done that instead of actually joining. Some of those people who say they were prior service made more money off of that than I actually make now...
Unread 04-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #21
Kelley
Devil of Details

Mainstream fashion has been influenced by military dress trends for literally centuries. The clothes you wear today wouldn't be the same if it hadn't.

Clothes fit better and are more comfortable because of the military's influence.

And, really, the world isn't perfect, we aren't at a point where we can just stop having a military and be Flowers and Bunnies Okay. If there weren't those Stupid People in the Military, kids wouldn't get to be Stupid People Not in the Military and you'd have even fewer freedoms to play around with.

I'm not in the military - I'm not even patriotic, I'm just realistic. As cliché as it is - freedom actually isn't free, and while many things suck, they could still suck more.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #22
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
IDK. Last year I was told it was still in effect.

I don't like the sound of your friend. He's a fraud.

I honestly don't care at this point. I'm serving a country full of ungrateful pigs anyways, so them lying about serving or earning medals shouldn't even matter to me anymore. I should have done that instead of actually joining. Some of those people who say they were prior service made more money off of that than I actually make now...
I don't know if I'd go that far about the pig thing, though when I see "Proud of You" propaganda on AFN, I feel like that's a load of bull.

lol you should meet this friend of mine and listen to his stories.

I still like how he goes on about how digital camo is useless and its not as cool as Coast Guard uniforms. >>...

I have a feeling he's going to be one of those Jodys
Unread 04-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #23
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
I don't know if I'd go that far about the pig thing, though when I see "Proud of You" propaganda on AFN, I feel like that's a load of bull.

lol you should meet this friend of mine and listen to his stories.

I still like how he goes on about how digital camo is useless and its not as cool as Coast Guard uniforms. >>...

I have a feeling he's going to be one of those Jodys
I have never been harassed or verbally/physically attacked in my entire life as I have since joining the Army. People find out I'm a soldier and comment about how I've wasted my life or I'm a murderer... And it's almost always by Americans. Americans who later complain about not having freedom, not getting paid enough, or having poor health care. They've obviously never seen how little I get paid or been to an Army medical center. Americans are so incredibly lazy and rude. I also feel like all their pride is fake. how can you be proud of a country that willingly would let their people suffer to make on political party look bad?

Right... He's in HS, he doesn't have any stories I haven't heard or I would find interesting...

lul. The coast guard has better uniforms than digicamo? Right...
Unread 04-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #24
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
Right... He's in HS, he doesn't have any stories I haven't heard or I would find interesting...

lul. The coast guard has better uniforms than digicamo? Right...
Ahh, you make-ah me smile

Yeah, I've been called names too and lots friends because of my choice to join. I think they called me....oh yeah a "Baby Burning Nazi"!

They used to ask all the time when I'll see the light and working in a factory of murder. >>..
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #25
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Yup cause you know... we totally eat babies for breakfast, women for lunch, and the elderly for dinner.
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #26
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
Yup cause you know... we totally eat babies for breakfast, women for lunch, and the elderly for dinner.
yeah, totally. baby back ribs and all!
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #27
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
yeah, totally. baby back ribs and all!
of course! thats the best part! then, you can string the bones together and make a cool necklace. ; D
Unread 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #28
The Seventh Sea
DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!

Quote:
of course! thats the best part! then, you can string the bones together and make a cool necklace. ; D
War Fashion baby!!! >=D
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #29
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
War Fashion baby!!! >=D
Thats true military fashion. wanna dress like the military, wear dead babies <3
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #30
924man

i think the best military cloths are from nazi and soviet era, nazi had had lots of leather and soviets had lots of camo
1987 porsche 924-s red factory inline 4 with mods
924man is offline   Reply With Quote