Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #136
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
Does anyone know where I can find reflective tape??? I looked in home depot and target. Also the dollar tree because I got desperate.
Thanks!
The only place I've been able to find a good amount for a decent price is via EBay or Amazon.com. I've called around to quite a few places in my city and no one seems to have any available, or if they do, they only sell 1x20 inch of striped yellow/black for over $30. :/ Loads of luck to you!

Since I've read a few people were considering Glow Tape, I can speak from today's experience and can recommend not using it. Thankfully I tested this for a prop. Never intended on using it for my Tron costume. Going full EL with it.

While it's brighter then glow paint and will last longer since you won't have to worry about chipping or flaking, it's just not a good quality. It looks like a cheap glow in the dark effect. Even the color tape that "should" emanate something other then the green-yellow color, doesn't really do so in the dark. lol Save yourself the headaches and just spring for the EL Tape/Wire, or Reflective Tape.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #137
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Thanks tifaia!
I found some tape at pep boys(auto store) but it didn't work out so well. THEN I found some tape on sears.com.
I got it in the mail; test it. It's not that bad and looks GREAT in flash!
Going to put my el-wire over the tape and defuse it with a frosted shower curtain.
Hoping it turns out well.. comparing to how other folks who did it and how great they look.

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #138
KnowOne

Wow you all have done some impressive work! I plan on making a Tron Legacy cosplay for the Otakon rave this year. Will def be inboxing a few of you for advice!
New York ComiCon/AnimeFest 2014

Future cosplays:
Gon Freecs (post transformation with tall hair)
Uzu Sanageyama (Kill La Kill)
Time-Skip Trafalgar Law (One Piece)
Steampunk Link (Zelda)
KnowOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #139
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Just saw the movie on tuesday, my husband and I bought it on blu-ray and as soon as they showed the girls in the white suits i told him i want to cosplay so bad. He usually rolls his eyes when i tell him anything cosplay related. Plus I have only one cosplay done for comic con and it would be a good second one to have.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #140
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

I finished this last year for the midnight showing, but sadly, I was the only one dressed up.

Still, I had used glow in the dark paint over the blue paint and I had a magnet to attach my identity disc on. The vest, boot tops, and skirt, however, will have to be repaired if I am to wear it out again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3882.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3883.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3885.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3888.jpg

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #141
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I finally decided that I'm ahead and doing one of the Sirens and everything is really simple looking just the whole disc holder looked difficult but thanks to another site i belong to there's a pep file for a predator disc holder and i will probably pep that and modify the way i need it to look and probably make that out of foam.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Sniper ODST

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #142
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drackt View Post
I finished this last year for the midnight showing, but sadly, I was the only one dressed up.

Still, I had used glow in the dark paint over the blue paint and I had a magnet to attach my identity disc on. The vest, boot tops, and skirt, however, will have to be repaired if I am to wear it out again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3882.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3883.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3885.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...s/DSCN3888.jpg
You did a great job!
I recall hardly any pics were out before the movie. There was little to go by.
Do you have any plans on fixing it up more? Maybe some el-wire?

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Cosplay FB page
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #143
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
You did a great job!
I recall hardly any pics were out before the movie. There was little to go by.
Do you have any plans on fixing it up more? Maybe some el-wire?
Thanks.

I don't know if I will aside from repairs...although I'm really unsure of how to work with EL wire.

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #144
Annissė
Annissė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satine View Post
I got my shoes today They have the exact same heel as that used on the display costume:

I need to make new uppers and also paint them white but these are from the same mold
These are Taildrop by Nine West and other shoes with this heel are Twisted by Nine West and Pumpkin by Romantic Soles. All of these are out of stock most places but they canbe found on auction sites
YES! I could kiss you! LOL! Those shoes are definately the closest to the SIREN shoes! Perfect! I want to go with those if I can even find them, thank you for posting your find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvana_Girl View Post
Okay, here's my question... Has anyone read through that HUGE thread on:

Enough to find out where the hex print fabric is? I'm seriously going to kill my self reading through all the pages to find it, although I am gaining a lot of good info. As long as I can get the fabric, I have the rest of the costume figured out, which is very excitingggg. <3

Thanks all!
That Tron Legacy Costume main thread that's going on in the RPF yes, is very long, but yes, very informative. Worth the read though if any of you here seriously want to learn how to make your Quorra or Sam costumes. Not too much info. in that particular thread in regards to the making of Gem Siren or Zeus's costumes though.

I am on there all the time and hardly on these forums when it comes to needing latest info. on the making of the Tron costumes. Just thought I'd pop in here and share some of my latest findings with you all in regards to which lights to use and the HEX fabric.

Now, if you look for SOULINERTIA in the Tron planning thread, he is the one to talk to about getting the HEX fabric screen printed for you. I sent him my fabric and he screen printed it for me. Contact him or if you know how to screen print and create your own HEX pattern, go for it and do the work yourself!

http://www.therpf.com/members/soulinertia/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireKitten View Post
EL Tape is difficult because it is extremely difficult to make angles work properly. It might look right for some things, but others I would suggest EL paper/sheet.
In regards to the lighting issues for the Tron suits. Members on the RPF Tron Planning thread have been using Glowhut.com product. I don't like them. For one, their El Tape does not glow that bright BUT it can be bent at angles which I just recently found out and Two, I don't like their product because they don't offer different widths.

One of the members shared this link after posting his Sam and Quorra suits, their lights were so bright, I was amazed and a little jealous that I didn't find this company from the very start.

My Quorra lighting is White El Wire which was diffused, this was RPF members, Eddie's idea that came up with this method. It was the best way to get a solid line strip for your lights using El Wire, since EL Wire is the cheapest less expensive route.

Well, member Sheol posted the link to - LUMINOUSFILM.COM

This site is a god send I tell you! It is El Panel Tape (Lite Tape), glows way brighter than Glowhut's El Tape, offers all kinds of different widths from 1/4" to 30 ft. wide and any length you want.

You can bend the LF Lite Tape at 90 degree angles and also they offer these cool EYELET connectors which you connect next to each side of the "SCRIBE" line (makes it light up) back to your inverter meaning. You can order widths to design the circles on Quorra or Sam's suits and use the light tape strips to make the right length you need and the angles that are in their costumes.

Please have a look at Luminous Film.com They are MAGIC! and their prices aren't TOO bad. Cheaper than LightTape.com

I am redoing my Quorra costume, lighting ONLY, for the 3rd and last time with LuminousFilm.com White Split Electroude Lite Tape El Panel. I am not satisfied with the diffused El Wire light effect and NEED and WANT the ultimate brightness. I have posted a photo of my LuminousFilm.com El Panel in white.

I also posted the Glowhut product in, blue El Tape, so you can see how it bends too, but the sides don't even light up.

Here are the links so you can compare all 3 of these Light Tape (El Tape) companies the RPF members are currently using.

www.luminousfilm.com
tech sheet how to make the angles and the Eyelet connectors - TECH SHEET

www.glowhut.com (BLAH! >P don't offer widths, not that bright)

www.lighttape.com (pricey but excellent product)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glowhutbent.JPG (19.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg litetape2.JPG (145.8 KB, 0 views)
Twitter - Annisse
DeviantArt - Annisse

UPCOMING COMIC CONs 2013:
DragonCon
Comikaze

UPCOMING COSPLAYS:
Evangelion 2.0 - Asuka in latex

Last edited by Annissė : 04-20-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Annissė is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #145
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

I of a lot of issues with glowhut and how they get their el-wire and tape from different co.s so the color won't always be the same.
I went to elbestbuy myself.

Cons
Cosplay FB page
Unread 04-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #146
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I am currently working on the Siren's suit in Tron Legacy. I will be doing lights but it looks like the lights start and stop on certain spots and isn't one line. Did any of your tron suits have the same issue and what did you do about it? Right now just waiting for my suit to get in and i'm going to have to sew the silver onto it myself.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Sniper ODST

Unread 04-24-2011, 03:48 AM   #147
rikkuchan01

does anyone know where i can get good EL sheets that can be cut into shape? im going to be gem so i need it for the back part of her costume. thanks!
rikkuchan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #148
Souba
In A Knightmare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkuchan01 View Post
does anyone know where i can get good EL sheets that can be cut into shape? im going to be gem so i need it for the back part of her costume. thanks!

Oh Gem is awesome, I so can't wait to see how that turns out! Um you'll have to ask Annissė she is amazing!

Me on the other had is going the inexpensive route white reflector tape got at Walmart for $1.97 for my Quorra costume, and using various parts from my other costume which go pretty well. Hopefully I can have pics up when I'm close to done. ^^

Still so glad to find this thread, I love to see everyone's Tron costumes with their beautiful El Tape. :-D
Souba
Souba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #149
rikkuchan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souba View Post

Oh Gem is awesome, I so can't wait to see how that turns out! Um you'll have to ask Annissė she is amazing!

Me on the other had is going the inexpensive route white reflector tape got at Walmart for $1.97 for my Quorra costume, and using various parts from my other costume which go pretty well. Hopefully I can have pics up when I'm close to done. ^^

Still so glad to find this thread, I love to see everyone's Tron costumes with their beautiful El Tape. :-D
Souba
oh okay thanks! i only so far have everything but that! im hoping it will turn out well, i have a picture of me wearing my contacts and make up! it looks just as good though haha i cant wait to see it finished. if u post pix up tell me i want to see yours too! i think everyone who already has made it looks amazing!
rikkuchan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #150
Chynna218

The Colors, Duke! The Colors!

[quote=daguru;3363236]

"Well, I will let on that I am planning a Tron group from the original film. Not saying how I'm making it (shhh, secret) but I will say that I may be able to change my suit colors at will (if all goes according to plan) >

I plan to have this group ready for Dragoncon. If they're finished then, then I will have plenty of time to make a suit or two from the new film."

That is exactly what I'm looking for. How could anyone choose just one?
Chynna218 is offline   Reply With Quote